Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR4 Purchase Help

2»

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,993
    Factory invoice on a 2010 LR4 is $42,998. You must be adding in option packages. Edmunds has invoice prices for the SUV plus invoice prices for all the options.

Edmunds will also tell you what people in your zip code are paying. Around here that number is around $2,000 over invoice. I agree with your recommendation to shop around, but you may have to work a bit to beat TMV by another $1,000.

I was a Bucky Badger for a few months living in MadTown (my sticker stayed on my last car though). Don't remember seeing many Land Rovers around WI. But I bugged out before winter set in so maybe I missed them. :shades: Nice part of the world - have family up in the UP and flew to Green Bay a couple of years ago and tooled around in a rental car heading up that way.

Enjoy the new ride!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• edekeledekel Posts: 2
    Hi - has anyone considered importing a diesel LR4 from the UK? Any tips? Will there be any issues getting it serviced by local dealers?

Thanks!
  • you are correct in that there are not a lot of Land Rovers around (not yet - but i think with the LR4 they really will start to show up). i like the fact that they are unique in numbers. the truck is really a pleasure to drive and on the eyes. the mercedes, bmw and volvo suvs just didnt do it for me. this is a perfect blend of luxury and get dirty truck.
  • lux plus package.
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 4
    Would appreciate any thoughts on pricing of a service loaner. Dealer is offering a service loaner (HSE package) with just over 3k miles for $50,900 (sticker is $52,900, Edmunds TMV is $51,812 - but that assumes a new car). Also throwing in options that he says are valued at about $4,500 (running boards, roof rails, ladder, rear light protectors) for free. I'm still a lilttle scarred by the Volvo S80 service loaner I bought a few years back that turned out to be a bit of a lemon. Any thoughts on reliability of service loaners, whether a $2k discount is sufficient, etc?
  • kennyyukennyyu Posts: 16
    :shades: I think that is a horrible deal. I was quoted $8000 off brand new lr4 but didn't persue. Although I could not confirm the same deal is still available today I can't see why it wouldn't be.
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 4
    I just moved back to the US from overseas and tried to import my 2008 LR3. I was told by the registered auto importer in my area (Houston) that it would cost about $10-12k to bring it up to spec for the US market (though I could bever get a straight answer regarding what work was required). Mine was not a diesel, but I imagine you might have the same issues. If you want to pursue it, you won't get any help calling Land Rover USA. You'd need to get a VIN# from the truck you want to import, then have a registered importer run it to see if it is approved for import. If it is not (like my LR3 wasn't), then I think you're hosed.
  • HI Buckybadger1,
    You mentiond you negoitiated $1000 over invoice. What dealership did you buy this from? Did you have a good buying experience with them? Thank you for your assitannce.
  • Can't believe how dead this thread is on the Edmunds forum....is it that LR is not selling enough LR4s (doubt it) or are LR4 owners not keen to share their purchase experiences?

I could never have bought my previous car without the help of the prices paid forum on Edmunds...
    The Land Rover LR4 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences isn't very active either. LR4 Lease Questions is a little busier.

But judging by the forums, not a lot of people are shopping.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• As I call around to get pricing for either 2010 and 2011's, it appears a very tight supply of vehicles exists for the LR4. Very few 2010's are on the lots and 2011's are pre-selling very well. I believe the poor forum communication could be more due to the relatively smaller customer base and low volume's the vehicle is produced in. Best pricing I've found so far is $2000 above invoice via costco pricing. Still trying to find it lower.
    Have you tried getting dealer quotes by email? If they all ignore you, that could be an indication that the dealers aren't hungry.

(there's a link on the main Edmunds page if you want to try it).

• dandrews1dandrews1 Posts: 184
    For myself, it's because there's no drama to buying one of these. Did my research, walked in, plopped down my deposit, picked up my (factory-ordered) truck. Done.

Just wish it had a few little tweaks to make it perfect.

Diesel
    Diesel (worth mentioning twice)
    Stop-Start
    110v/1000W inverter plug (Like Lexus)
    Terrain in the GPS for offroading (or could be real-time via google, etc if using 3G/4G wireless networking)
    Ability to speak your destination like the latest Garmin handheld GPS's
    Have an optional standard transmission and air suspension delete
    Tire mounted to rear, not underneath
    Ability to sync with bluetooth for contacts, etc on my phone.
    Ability to use the data plan on my phone to pull down traffic, weather, etc. - either wired or bluetooth connection.
    Ability to choose a preferential bluetooth device to mate up to (handy when my wife and I are both in the car, and it gets confused about which phone to hookup the handsfree to.)
    Ability to set the computer to recognize what size tires you have so you don't have a speed / traction issue if running oversized tires.
    Better self-diagnosis in determining if faults are real or a sensor issue. (Like a built-in OBD2 plus plain text explanation.)
2»