Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problem

Comments

• Your email has been received, Mr. Griffin, and my coworker Christina will be sure to advise you further.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I also emailed you, Sarah, and have not yet received a reply. I am having the same isssues as all the other people in this post with my door lock actuator. Please let me know if you got my email as I would like to get this resolved.
  • I spoke with Christina, who answers incoming emails, and she said that as of now she has received and replied to your message. If there are continued difficulties in communication, please let me know and we'll get it sorted out!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Same issue as all the others sending email now. Thanks you in advance to for any help!
  • ctenny11,
    Great! We look forward to hearing from you. My coworker Christina responds to incoming emails from Edmunds; please be sure to indicate here if you are not contacted in reply.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • my 2009 suburban door lock actuators are out on 3 doors. will GM fix these. vehicle has 45k miles. i would think door locks should last longer than that. please help.
  • If you haven't done so already, please send us an email at the address in my profile on Edmunds with more information (please include a description of the issue, your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership). My coworker Christina, who answers incoming emails, will assist you from there.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I am writing this to let the rest of you frustrated, dissatisfied, and overall unhappy customers of GM, to know that after over 3 months of back and forth with the GM customer service. They have done NOTHING for me, but insult me! I originally posted (#328) Dec 7th. Couldn't get anywhere with them. The district rep didn't seem to careless about my situation. I posted (#383 & #384) to express my frustration. Christina contacted me and said that she would take the matter over (Feb 1). I had to have a diagnostic run to see if the actuators were bad. I agreed to it and on Feb 14 they diagnosed the actuators were bad (BIG SURPRISE!) and replaced them. $135 per actuator plus $105 per door labor plus misc shop materials and tax. The total bill was $519.00 The district rep contacted me today to give me a "offer I should like." The offer: $1,000 GM certificate towards any new GM vehicle. What?! So I do what you ask and spend $520 when i could've spent $270 and done it myself, just to have you say, not only are we not recognizing the fact our products are defective, but we want you to buy a new one. What a slap in the face! You have an OBVIOUS.......OBVIOUS! defect and you wont recall it or even help pay for the OBVIOUS defect! I am pissed off now! I will never, ever buy another GM product even if it meant walking. I posted this before and I will post it again. gmcustsvcsarah why is this issue not a recall issue? Is it not dangerous to drive with doors that can't lock or unlock? I am making it my personal hobby to bad mouth GM on any and every forum i can find on the net not to mention facebook and anyone else who will have me. I will do anything and everything to keep friends and family from ever buying a GM product. God help the rest of you in dealing with this company. Keep it up GM. You'll be begging for more handouts before long. What a JOKE!
  • I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe and my rear door lock stopped working. I can't even open the door as it does not have a manual unlock. I see by these posts that it is more common than I thought. Any help on the fix?
  • ndhousemover,
    Christina has been keeping an eye on your case and is aware of the resolution; she is looking into this further and will be contacting you via email. I apologize that this continues to be drawn out,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • garyb8garyb8 Posts: 1
    I took my 2008 Tahoe to the dealership because the doors on the passenger's side would not open automatically. The service dept told me that not only were the two actuators on the passenger side defective but the two on the driver's side were also bad. Recommended replacing all 4 for around $800. Where can I find replacement actuators for rhe defective GM parts? I own 4 GM vehicles, one is a 2011 Z71. Had I known that the newer models had defective parts, I probably would have done some more shopping.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning garyb8,
    Thank you for your support of GM - I hope that the Z71 has been a great vehicle for you!

We would like to look into your door lock situation, if you're willing. Please send us an email at the address located in my profile with more information (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

My coworker Christina, who responds to incoming emails from the forum, will advise you further.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • garyb8

Good luck. If they take care of you like everyone else your going to spend the $800 and have NO assurances that they won't go out again. Of course they'll string you along for 3 months or more before they give you the middle finger.
  • btimes2btimes2 Posts: 2
    Thanks to GM for surfing these posts and responding to my door lock issue. They set Up a case # and I took it into the dealer today for repair. That was the right thing to do and to me it makes a huge difference because it represents good service. The reality is I would have never buy another GM product simply for this issue. Next time I'm in the market I will consider GM.">link title
  • cflores1cflores1 Posts: 1
    I too have an 08 Suburban with door problems. At first it was just the driver's door that stopped unlocking but today as I was going down a hill a passenger door opened and my son was right there (in his car seat). We both were very scared! I just came to the forums to see if anyone was having any door lock problems and I see I am not alone.
  • pac12pac12 Posts: 3
    I have a 2003 Tahoe, for the past couple of years the alarm will go off for no reason. Sometimes while driving the doors will unlock and lock over and over. Other times the rear doors and rear hatch will not unlock or open at all. The issues described are happening more often. I have a friend who has a Tahoe and hers is doing some of the same things.

I see many others here are having the same issues and GM doesn't seem to care :mad: . Has anyone mentioned or talked about a class action law suit?
    This is so great to hear, btimes2! Thank you for posting, and we're happy to have been able to assist you and improve your experience with GM.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    :D
    Good morning cflores1,

I'm glad to hear that nobody was hurt in the incident you described. If you haven't done so already, we'd love to look into this with you. Please send us an email at the address located in my profile with more information (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership). My coworker Christina, who answers incoming emails from the forum, will assist you further.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jx60jx60 Posts: 1
    I have the SAME problem as everyone on this thread. Front drivers side door no longer locks or unlocks electronically. It is unfathomable to think that GM has had this kind of re-occuring problem and done NOTHING about it. When you buy cheap you get cheap but when you pay over $50K for a new vehicle, you expect something more.
    I understand how this is a very frustrating situation. If you haven't done so already, please send us an email at the address located in my profile with more information (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership). My coworker Christina, who answers incoming emails from the forum, will assist you from there.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gmcustsvcsarah,

I am still WAITING with baited breath to hear from Christina or anyone from GM about my case. Hopefully she can come up with something good. Maybe some I heart GM mudflaps or a nice set of valve stem caps. The anticipation is overwhelming! Still waiting for your answer about why GM hasn't recalled these actuators too.
  • gerlinangerlinan Posts: 1
    I have the EXACT same issues with both the rear door locks on my 2008 Tahoe. At first it started periodically not unlocking, then within the last 3 weeks is doesn't unlock EVER. Of course it is on the side of the car where we have the cat seat so every single time I want to take the child in and out of the car seat I have reach through the front passenger door to unlock the back door. As stated in an earlier thread, I would expect this from a less expensive car, but I bought this Tahoe new for $50,000+. Unacceptable GM!
    I understand why you feel this way about your Tahoe, gerlinan. If you haven't done so already, please send us an email to the address in my profile that includes your name/Edmunds username, address and phone, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership. My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from Edmunds, will advise you further.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I'm having the same issues as a lot of other people. About 2 weeks ago I started having problems with the driver's side front door of my tahoe. I don't drive it very often so I didn't think much of it at the time. Thought that it may be low battery in the remote. It has since basically quit working altogether. The other doors still function but the driver's door has stopped completely now. I am new to this site and not quite sure of where to find gmcustsvcsarah's email any help would be appreciated.
  • Good luck. I've been dealing with gmcustcsarah since Dec 7th. Still no solution. Every once in awhile someone gets some help. I'm sure GM does this to appease the masses. Either that or it's just GM posing as a satisfied customer. Good luck to you! maybe my persistance and aggravation to gmcustcsarah will help out the rest of you. If not, join the club of unsasitfied GM owners! Notice how they never answer why GM doesn't want to recall these actuators. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,458
    I am new to this site and not quite sure of where to find gmcustsvcsarah's email any help would be appreciated.

Click on her membername, and all will be revealed..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I have 2008 Tahoe that I bought new. This is the second time that I've had door lock problems with the same truck. The first time the dealer replaced both front door locks. In the process, they somehow installed the drivers side incorrectly so that when I rolled down the window the door would unlock and open. They fixed that, of course. That was when I had about 15K miles on it. Now that I'm out of warranty, all four door locks have failed. My wife and I have a 16 month old in a car seat and it's a real pain to get him out. The only way into the truck is to use the key, and considering that there's only a key slot on the drivers door, the whole process of loading our family is rediculously painful. I have owned GM products for as long as I can remember. Including my 2010 Camaro, I've had an 04 Tahoe, 04 Avalanche and many others. Unfortunately, I think I'll be trading everything in for anything but Chevy unless they start to put customers first...again. I hear Ford makes a nice muscle car.
  • Her email is marked as private. When you click on member name it still doesn't reveal her email.
    Good morning,
    I'm not sure why it isn't displaying -- I have my account set to show it publicly. No matter. Send an email to sarah_grace@gmexpert.com or socialmedia@gm.com and we'd be happy to help you!

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having door lock difficulties! If you haven't done so already, please be sure to email us at socialmedia@gm.com so that we can open up a Service Request for you (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and approximate mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service