Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problem

Comments

• TOTALLY RIDICULOUS WAY, HOW GM IS RESPONDING.

THEY WANT 100 BUCKS FOR THE DIAGNOSE AND WHAT YOU WILL GET IS THAT QUOTE FOR 350 TO 400 BUCKS. GOOD LUCK

I HAVE SEEN GM REPS ARE RESPONDING TO POSTS. WHAT DOES REALLY MEAN, IT'S NOTHING MAKING CUSTOMER THAT THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE CARE AND DENY YOUR CASE AT THE DEALERSHIP. SO YOU HAVE TO PAY FROM YOUR POCKET LOL.

IT'S TOTALLY WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
    THEY WANTED TO EVALUATE THE CAUSE OF IT. UNDER YOU EXPENSE THEN THEY WILL DENY THE CHARGES. YOU WILL ENDED PAYING FROM YOUR POCKET AT THE END
    THANKS
  • I had the rear door locks failed and was quoted $800 to repair. They firat offered me to cover the labor only and I rejected that offer. A couple days later they called and covered the entire repair.

Happy Customer
  • Let me add to Bobobx's issue with OBX Chevy, that I caught them in a bold faced fraud besides their efforts to deflect my indignation. This dealership
    needs investigation as their repairs are fraught with deceit!

Summary... Fans in my 2007 YukonXL stopped. Bring to dealer, no call back till after 2 PM asking if I would authorize $585 to order parts while car sat in bay with over 2 hrs labor required to fix. After waiting 6 hrs for the diagnosis, I was not about to wait for two days, no truck, for parts (module $185, resistor $ 35 plus 2 hrs labor $ 95 ea.)
    When I demanded my car, I was told it was torn down. I insisted and the 2 hrs labor was 15 minutes...and low and behold the fans work. Putting the plug back in nearly cost me $585. This was fraud plain and simple.

GM ...you are dying over this. I owned three GMC's. I have replaced blown transmissions at 100k; I've replaced dashboard instruments; I've replaced front transaxles, all at my cost and I was still loyal. Now I see deceit and I am gone. You have a problem!

• Ktyhwkpete,

I understand why this was upsetting. If you were to send us more information, we can get a case going in regards to the dealership situation you described.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Sarah,
    I would be happy to assist you with all the facts in this case. Where and how can I reach you?
  • To contact a member by e-mail, click on their membername.. If they have marked their e-mail as public, it will show in their profile.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Please use the email address in my Edmunds profile.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2008 Suburban which I purchased new. Earlier this year, I had a door lock actuator fail at 33K miles which was fixed under warranty. Last week, I had another actuator fail but now have 44K miles and out of warranty.

In researching this, I see this seems to be a common issue (I am expecting the other 2 actuators to fail in the future).

I called Sanborn Chevrolet in Lodi, CA where I purchased my Suburban and they said to bring it in and they would see what they could do.

The good news is they had the repair part in stock and were able to get the approval from GM to repair under warranty while I waited.

While I a disappointed in the quality of this part and the huge number of failures I am reading about, I am appreciative that this dealership and GM were willing to find a way to repair it under warranty.
  • I am pleased to hear that you've been well taken care of by Sanborn Chevrolet. If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to email us (the address available on the profile here will get you directly in contact with us).
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    sanfee,
    I am glad to hear that the dealer was able to handle your concerns. If you start to experience this concern again, please email me. ;) Enjoy your holiday season!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • palm1palm1 Posts: 5
    Hi, I received the Request number 71-986470078 on October 15th. it is now December 7th and I have not been contacted with respect to my service request. The assignment of a number does not help solve the problem. When can I expect someone to contact me to resolve the issue?
  • Good morning,
    Thank you for posting that information. I'm sorry for the lack of communication - I accessed your case and saw that it was closed. I apologize that the ball was dropped. We can re-open this case and get things moving in the right direction, beginning with an appointment at the dealership. If you would please email us your preferred dealership (also include the case number again as well), we'll get things on track for you. Again, I apologize for the delay.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Sign me up for the door lock recall/class action lawsuit! Both rear doors have stopped working within a week and a half of eachother. If I take them in and get them fixed for say $500+ dollars, who's to say they don't fail within a year. What about the front doors? If they put the same actuators in that are currently in. How can I possibly trust them!? There are OBVIOUS defects in the actuators looking at the amount of posts. I didn't spend $50,000 on a vehicle to have something like the door locks fail.......REPEATEDLY!
    GM please pull your heads out of wherever they are and deal with this issue!
  • Sarah,
    I have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid (90,000 miles and off course out of warranty), and I have the same issue. Passenger door lock is not going up or down with remote. only works manually. My dealership is Mauer Chevrolet in Inver Grove Heights, MN.
    What do I need to do to get that repair covered or at least highly subsidised, without having to pay those crazy prices since we know it is a defective product associated with the 2008 models.
    Thanks
    Lionel
  • I had (have) the same problem. Bought the LTZ new in early 09 and had to take it in a few months later one for the passenger rear side door lock. At the time they said they were having a lot off issues with the door locks.

About a year ago the other side went out - just trying to find the time to take the stupid thing in. Also VERY dissatisfied with the quality of the paint.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    edited December 2011
    08tahoemn, islandchic, and Ndhousemover,

We can set up a Customer Assistance case for you, if you wish. Please email us more information, including your name and contact information, user name, last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, involved or preferred dealership, and a description of any times you've been in to the dealership for this concern.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • palm1palm1 Posts: 5
    I am not sure how this was closed as there was no contact. That said, the closest dealership is Bical Chevrolet of Valley Stream, NY. The case number is 71-986470078.
  • I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe and all four power locks have suddenly failed and the dealership here in Vermont, Hand Motors, wants to replace all four door actuators for $900. This seems outrageous for what seems to be a common problem. Is there any type of compensation for this cost?
  • GM customer service is not taking care of their customer at all. i would like to see some help from GM, GM Should take this matter seriously. i don't think they get it. GM is stepping back from their responsiblity, leaving us own our own.
    i have contacted gm several time. after spending 400 bucks they denied the case. said it's out of warranty. we we already know that i have 08 chevy tahoe LTZ. it cost 370 to fix 1 side. i have spent more than that my locks are still broken.

GM is only responding to the email making other people feel good that they do respond to email. in reality they just want to call gm so they can embarress us by telling us, sorry your warranty is over. that's a shame for such big manufacture not taking care of their vehicle owner.

To my knowledge this is a big secrutity risk they are putting by driving our trucks with faulty locks. we can fall out of it especially kids. right now we are extra extra careful from kids 5year and 3 years.

GM IS NOT STEPPING FORWARD TO TAKE ISSUE TO CONSIDER AS SAFETY ISSUE. THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE WOW.
    gm employees who are responding to us they are just fooling us around and making us embarress by calling them direct. they going to make you go through taking our trucks to dealership, where you would roughly charge $100 to evaluate the casue of it. even though, they know what's wrong with it. then they tell you sorry you are not covered. SORRY YOU LOST 100BUCKS.........

what is the purpose of evaluation. when you know what cause this to fail. it's faulty door lock actuator that installed during production. you don't have to be rocket secientist to figure this out that is faulty parts that cause this to fail.

we are not the only one who are facing this issue. they hundreds and thousand of us.

well if anyone have any sucess with gm. meaning they stepped forward and start taking care of their of customers. please let us know.
  • I just purchased a 2009 LTZ 4x4 Tahoe on Tuesday 12/6/2011 and over the weekend noticed my rear passenger door lock is not working at all. I to have young children and this makes things very difficult. I purchased the vehicle with approx 35,700 miles on it. I wanted this particular model and to purchase it out of town and now have approx 36,500 miles making it just outside of warranty. From reading numerous post, I see this is very common and I am likely to have the rest of the locks go out as well, soon too. I did notice a TSB was generated for this problem, but still no recall.

A local dealer said since I am over 36,000 and I will have to pay. She quoted me $265 for the repair. There has got to be something GM can do. I have been a GM owner for quite some time now. 2002 Corvette and 2006 Yukon XL. And now I have a $40,000 Tahoe I cant even operate the lock(s) on.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Paul