Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problem

Comments

• I've sent the email. Thanks :)
  • On Feb 1,2012 I sent an email with the requested info to socialmedia@ gm.com I have not received a confirmation or reply. Today I have resent the info to Sarah.gmcustsvc@gmail.com. Will Sarah or Christina please confirm the email I should sent my reply.

Thanks sorry if I'm missing the obvious .
  • Your email did come through with the @gmail.com account and has been forwarded on to Christina.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I bought a certified 2008 suburban and had 2 door actuators fail b4 the 40k warranty expired. 3rd one went out at 42 and dealership said there hands were tied n
    Because Chevy corporate reimburses them for warranty work. Now my 4th just went out tonight. I'm at 54k. This is obviously a known defect and it's very frustrating there is no recall. A 45000$ car with a .50cent part on the most activated mechanism. Very frustrating! :mad:
  • I understand why you are frustrated; we are working on getting Service Requests set up with us on this issue. If you would like to pursue this, please send us an email at the address located in my profile that includes, among any other details you are interested in including, your name/Edmunds username, contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealer.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Reading through the forums today for the first time. I am having very similar issues with the locks on my 2005 Tahoe z71 (unable to unlock/lock from the key fob). Being that this appears to be a known defective issue w/ the models, and my Tahoe is out of warranty, what options do I have in getting this addressed? I've seen in numerous responses where a couple of people on this board request bit of info and offer to initiate a service request, but is that the same thing I could do by picking up the phone & calling my local dealer, or are there other special steps involved w/ this process, resulting in low (if any) cost to me being that this is a known issue? Please advise. Thanks.
  • The Service Requests we set up in Customer Service different from repair orders from the dealership. Essentially, we're trying to make sure that vehicle concerns are resolved, and at times (as these are evaluated on a case by case basis) it can involved assistance. However, we can't promise this up front as there are different factors going into these cases (for example, model year can be a consideration).

If you're interested in getting in touch to discuss your situation further, please contact the email address located in my Edmunds profile.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • We just bought a 2009 Tahoe from an individual and we were not aware that the locks did not work correctly before we bought it. Half the time they will lock the other half they wont sometimes the remote will unlock them sometimes it wont. This is very frustrating when you have two kids and you have to crawl around the car and unlock them.... What do I need to do to fix this??
  • Looking through this thread, I was disappointed and glad that I was not the only one having this problem. I have 2008 Chevy Tahoe with failing locks on three of my car doors. If this is an apparent problem why hasn't it been recalled and fixed. For the most part I have enjoyed my Tahoe with the except of this problem with my locks and the seats in my car. I have filled out a couple of complaints with GM about the material used on my seats, it picks up so much lint you would think it was a dryer. So we put sheets down other wise we have to carry a lint brush at all time.
  • Sarah,

I have sent an email to Sarah.gmcustsvc@gmail.com explaining my situation.

Please let me know if you have received the email.

Best regards,

Charles Griffin
  • Your email has been received, Mr. Griffin, and my coworker Christina will be sure to advise you further.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I also emailed you, Sarah, and have not yet received a reply. I am having the same isssues as all the other people in this post with my door lock actuator. Please let me know if you got my email as I would like to get this resolved.
  • I spoke with Christina, who answers incoming emails, and she said that as of now she has received and replied to your message. If there are continued difficulties in communication, please let me know and we'll get it sorted out!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Same issue as all the others sending email now. Thanks you in advance to for any help!
  • ctenny11,
    Great! We look forward to hearing from you. My coworker Christina responds to incoming emails from Edmunds; please be sure to indicate here if you are not contacted in reply.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • my 2009 suburban door lock actuators are out on 3 doors. will GM fix these. vehicle has 45k miles. i would think door locks should last longer than that. please help.
  • If you haven't done so already, please send us an email at the address in my profile on Edmunds with more information (please include a description of the issue, your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership). My coworker Christina, who answers incoming emails, will assist you from there.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I am writing this to let the rest of you frustrated, dissatisfied, and overall unhappy customers of GM, to know that after over 3 months of back and forth with the GM customer service. They have done NOTHING for me, but insult me! I originally posted (#328) Dec 7th. Couldn't get anywhere with them. The district rep didn't seem to careless about my situation. I posted (#383 & #384) to express my frustration. Christina contacted me and said that she would take the matter over (Feb 1). I had to have a diagnostic run to see if the actuators were bad. I agreed to it and on Feb 14 they diagnosed the actuators were bad (BIG SURPRISE!) and replaced them. $135 per actuator plus $105 per door labor plus misc shop materials and tax. The total bill was $519.00 The district rep contacted me today to give me a "offer I should like." The offer: $1,000 GM certificate towards any new GM vehicle. What?! So I do what you ask and spend $520 when i could've spent $270 and done it myself, just to have you say, not only are we not recognizing the fact our products are defective, but we want you to buy a new one. What a slap in the face! You have an OBVIOUS.......OBVIOUS! defect and you wont recall it or even help pay for the OBVIOUS defect! I am pissed off now! I will never, ever buy another GM product even if it meant walking. I posted this before and I will post it again. gmcustsvcsarah why is this issue not a recall issue? Is it not dangerous to drive with doors that can't lock or unlock? I am making it my personal hobby to bad mouth GM on any and every forum i can find on the net not to mention facebook and anyone else who will have me. I will do anything and everything to keep friends and family from ever buying a GM product. God help the rest of you in dealing with this company. Keep it up GM. You'll be begging for more handouts before long. What a JOKE!
  • I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe and my rear door lock stopped working. I can't even open the door as it does not have a manual unlock. I see by these posts that it is more common than I thought. Any help on the fix?
  • ndhousemover,
    Christina has been keeping an eye on your case and is aware of the resolution; she is looking into this further and will be contacting you via email. I apologize that this continues to be drawn out,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service