Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problem

Comments

• lorn3lorn3 Posts: 5
    What is worrisome about this whole issue is that a young child could open the door and you might not even realize it, as well as so many worse scenarios that GM must be aware of.

What's it going to take?
  • "If we can check into this further"... Really? Thousands of these things go out on a yearly basis and you twiddle your thumbs like the uncarring corporation that you are. The quality and customer service of General Motors is a joke! Good luck everyone in trying to get GM to help you.
  • I have the same vehicle -- 2008 Hybrid Tahoe, same problem. One lock was fixed while under warranty. Two more went out within the last few months. I contacted GM and have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
  • Sarah -- Thanks for the reply on the GMC door lock forum on Edmunds.com, but as of yet I haven't heard back from anyone regarding my GMC Yukon door lock problem. I sent all the requested information (VIN, dealer, etc.) on February 11th to your socialmedia@gm.com email address.

I'd very much like to hear from you or a coworker to try and get this matter attended to.

Kind regards,
    Katie
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    Our apologies that you have yet to hear back from us, Katie! Perhaps try re-sending the email or sending it to my work email at sarah_grace@gmexpert.com

Sarah, GM Customer Service
    Please keep us posted on your progress with the dealership, mothertheresaz. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com if you should need anything.
  • Sarah I will. I have been in contact with Ashley at GM Customer Service.
  • Just want to let everyone know that my issue was favorably resolved and both faulty actuators are being replaced as I write. The dealer agreed to waive their $130.00 "inspection" fee and I am to pay a $200.00 "deductible" to replace both actuators. Thanks to GM Customer Assistance and Advantage Chevrolet for coordinating a favorable outcome. Good luck to all others out there. Hope that your issue is resolved as easily as mine.
  • 2009 Tahoe LTZ - Driver's side rear door has not been working correctly for the past three months. Finally died this last week and won't ever lock. This is coinciding with my power tailgate not working as well. Makes sounds but doesn't want to work.
  • Who did you call to get this approved my door locks have been replaced as well and one has gone out again
    Do you have a direct contact to the person you worked with ?
    Pls and thanks in advance
  • So how did it go with the dealer
  • I can't believe that GM has not called a recall on this because it sure seems like they get a heavy amount of complaints but you know they won't unless we go straight to the US NHTSA

I know I have small children and if they attemp to open that door which does not work while driving this will cause I big deal for them. They go out too often. I can't afford to pay every other year nor can I afford to have an accident with my children.
    hcrossing,
    Let us know if you would like for us to check into this further. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (please include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• buzzr1buzzr1 Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado crew cab. Last month I spent $500+ to have the front driver and passenger electric door locks repaired. Two weeks ago the rear passenger side door lock also failed. Now the rear driver side lock is balky.
    buzzr1,
    Was this work performed at a dealership? If so, and if you would like for us to follow up on this, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
  • crazyhorse4crazyhorse4 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I've had 2 fail on a 2008 Suburban, one failed under warranty, one failed a few months after my warranty expired. I fixed myself.

I wouldn't pay a dealer $100 to tell me the latch was bad for this common problem.

For you do it your selfers, the repair is not that bad, latch part is about $115 shipped, takes about 45 minutes to do.

Tools needed:
    Pick tool to remove access panels to bolts
    10mm socket (3 bolts)
    Pry screwdrivers (for door panel separation)
    Needle nose pliers (inside door hand clip removal)
    T27 torx (latch removal)

My latch part numbers on a 2008 Suburban (you should always check with VIN lookup)

Front Left: 25876386
    Front Right: 25876388 (Warranty Replacement)
    Rear Left: 25876391
    Rear Right: 25876392 (I Replaced)

And here's a great video set to watch on the repair:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgf0S6x0-lM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCbufraxXto

Cheers.
  • It appears that this is a universal problem. I have replaced every door lock on my 2009 Yukon Hybrid. Love the truck, but that is very frustrating. Especially since I drive a lot and the warranty is out. Roughly $250 bucks a door. Seems like this is poor design and should be handled by GM.
  • At the dealership right now and they are perplexed. It consistently make a noise that sounds like a grinding gear when changing from gas engine to hybrid. It is coming from the front right side of the vehicle. They have never experienced this before and don't know how to fix it. It happens every time so it is not like they can't replicate the issue.
    I am sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating situation @09yukonhybrid. I can assure you that we take your feedback very seriously and use is to continuously improve our vehicles. Without you there is no us. Please email me at socialmedia@gm.com if there is anything I can do:-)

Crystal-GM Customer Care
  • elvis56elvis56 Posts: 3
    Well, I bought the 2008 tahoe for my wife, she loves it. I personally think the new chevrolets are the nicest looking vehicles on the road. I had been searching the forums and doing my homework before I bought it. Its got just under 90,000kms (canada) and has been ok so far. It does eat a bit of oil with the 5.3, and usually only on the highway. Well last night we went to the store and when I tried to get in the passenger side of the truck, I nearly tore the door handle off. The door was locked, but the truck was running so the door should have unlocked. Wont work with any switches or key fob so guess what, actuator is toast. My factory warranty is up in 1 month so Im going to call the dealer today and see if its covered. I have an aftermarket warranty that may also cover it so no big deal but I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I am currently looking at getting an avalanche and dont want these little ongoing problems.