Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could leaking Autoride shock be due to accident?

rcmjamannrcmjamann Posts: 1
I have a 2004 GMC Yukon Denali that has the Auto Leveling system. A few months ago, I was hit from behind, on the drivers side. The car went under and hit the tire. Immediately, I notice the compressor coming on a lot more and when I put on a trailer, it was every 3 or 4 minutes. The compressor was replaced, but problem was still there. Now I can't pull a trailer at all. I say the impact cause this. The Dealer that had it said they had never had to replace that shock on any 2000 or newer auto... Insurance said the shock is not scratched so they are not paying... So, can an impact on the tire cause damage to the shock???? Do the air shocks fail often on the yukons??? Help please...

Comments

• rshtrsht Posts: 277
    Sorry to hear about the accident. I am sure that is frustrating to you. From your description of the situation, it sounded to me, there is a small air leak rather than damage to one of the shocks... Check each hose connections from the compressor to each shock using some soapy water, hope that will help to find the leak (BTW, also make sure none of the air hose got nicked - if yes, replace it).
    Good Luck and Best Wish.