Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Kia Sportage

Comments

• markleungmarkleung Posts: 44
    Excellent sir. How can we get hold of this information then? A website? PDF? Please let us know!
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    sorry you can't its not on a website and its not pdf. However, I have posted all of the information on another website (higher Canadian traffic), but unfortunately I can't provide the link due to the agreement on this site - they won't allow you to mention competiting sites. Tried it once before and got told about it.

But, like I said if you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,017
    edited June 2010
    I have mentioned competing sites in these forums many times but I have not provided a direct link. Maybe that is what the problem Edmunds had with your post. I have mentioned cars.com, autoblog.com, motortrend, etc. etc. and I know many other poster do the same and many include links to competing sites when they want to refer to photos. So you could just include the website in your post and there should be no problem.
    okay, its on kia-forums.com there should be enough info to keep you going for a while. :)
    2.0T out in Jan 2011?

I am not sure if I can wait that long...
    Thanks for the links. The turbo model sounds like a little jackrabbit. Interested to see what kind of mpg figures that model will have. Always liked V6 in the RAV4(it can really scoot) but just can't stand the rest of the vehicle, especially the way rear door opens and the spare tire mount. This may be worth a serious look.
    MotorTrend First Drive

Again, late availability of the 2.0T. Sigh.
    on the whole new redesigned KGIS site http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ you can download a pdf file on the Features and Functions Guide on the 2011 Sportage. Its under Publications and Glove Box Material.
    Just got an email from my sales guy in Toronto. He said that the Sportage has been delayed until September...this is not confirmed though, but I am certainly disappointed.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,713
    for the Toronto market, you do want Kia to get it right the first time, don't you?

I know about being anxious to buy a new car, yes. I really do. Look at my Edmunds nickname. I love Kia Motors.

But just be patient and let them build it Kia-right. They will, they're on a nice roll in the past ten years.

2011 Kia Soul Sport 5-speed

I posed this question to Kia Buzz a while back and just recently got this reply:

when will the 2.0 GDI turbo be available in the Sportage for US and Canada?

answer:

As for the 2.0 TGDI Sportage in Canada and US, you should begin to see them become available in January or February of 2011
    May 5,113 units, June 6,730 units
    courtesy of a member on another forum, we were informed that maybe 800 - 1000 units have landed at the Port of Tacoma.
    edited July 2010
    http://www.kiamedia.com/secure/sportage2011-features.html

US prices $18,990 base, $20,990 LX, $23,990 EX (includes delivery)
  • vcarrerasvcarreras Posts: 247
    Visited the local Kia dealer and they had received their 1st 2011 Sportage. The salesman took me to see it where it was being serviced. I sat in it and must say it's very well finished. I asked about the turbo and was a bit taken by what the guy said, you will have turbo problems at around 60K! Is this true? Also, direct injection has been in Europe for years! Better gas there? Is there a possibility of problems with direct injected engines here in the future? Will Kia keep their warranty the same with the turbo?
    edited July 2010
    the? The Kia salesman told you that you're gonna have turbo problems at 60,000 miles? I know nothing about turbo problems at 60,000 miles. And possible direct-injection problems...is it U.S. gas? Someone else come on and edumacate us, please.

the 2011 Sportage owners manual is now available for free download from KGIS
    http://www.kiatechinfo.com/. It's in pdf format and about 9mb. Excellent way to find out about all the details on this new model :)
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Posts: 519
    edited July 2010
    Don't be suckered. This is known as the "trash the other vehicle in order to get you to buy THIS vehicle" ploy. The other vehicle could be a competitor's, or anything else the the salesdouche can't make money on at the moment - like his own line's future vehicle that's months away. I would politely go to the sales manager there and request another salesperson. If he asks why, tell him what his employee told you. Or, find another dealer.

I've personally owned 3 turbocharged cars, the first one in the 80's. I bought them all used, with > 50,000 miles on them. I had zero turbo or turbo-related problems with any of them. I did use synthetic oil, and have on all my vehicles since 1987.

Direct Fuel Injection is not quite mainstream in the US, but with major-brand gasoline, and proper maintenance of things like fuel filters, there's no reason to fear any problems from DFI. I believe most cars will have this as standard in the next few years, to meet the recently upgraded fuel economy standards.
  • vcarrerasvcarreras Posts: 247
    Thank you for the information and this is good to know. I will be taking a good look at the turbo Sportage when it comes out in a few months plus will be reading the reports on the Sonota turbo since it's the same engine!

Expect DFI and turbos will be the future since it does not look like the US will accept diesels!
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Posts: 519
    Diesel acceptance is related to fuel availability. Europe has better diesel fuel, and you need good fuel for long life. I looked at the VW Jetta Diesel, and almost bought it. Waiting for the Tiguan to get the Diesel now.

The Kia Sportage is related to the Hyundai Tucson. I haven't heard that the Tucson is getting the 2.0 Turbo - I think that's exclusive to the Sonata at Hyundai. I'm considering the Sportage, but don't need the Turbo. Just in a holding pattern for now...

Hope it turns out that it drives a good as it looks.
    I had the opportunity to take a close look at the EX Sportage today at my local dealer - very nice. Also took lots of pictures, but didn't get the chance to take it for a drive.
    I also saw a new EX AWD at my dealer today as well. Well finished interior and spacious enough for me. I am still waiting for the 2.0T though.
    edited July 2010

• radiowcradiowc Posts: 16
    Looking at this pic, it must be the European version that you have. Does the side signal indicator mirror power operated? Too bad, over here in US, you have to fold it yourself. I really like this Sportage...looks very awesome. I went to the Kia showroom near the place where i work, and it just arrived 4 hours ago. Even the salesman doesn't know much abt this car, and i have to tell him what his car have or not. hahahah.
    Also when asked abt the Turbo version, The Manager also don't even know it exist, hahaha. Kia should educated their dealer more. LOL.

Anyway...nice car. I will wait for the Turbo version, hopefully by Jan 2011 it will arrived. :)
  • radiowcradiowc Posts: 16
    Hi,

Anyone came across how the new Kia Sportage 2011 Turbo pictures leak?? or also how different does it will be compare to the existing LX or EX like spec, options, etc.

If not sure it is worth of waiting, unless we want the Turbo engine. :confuse:
    how did you post this picture on this forum? It's not user friendly compared to other ones, I just can't figure it out. Thanks.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    To add a photo to your Forum post, first click the “Img” button beneath the text box; this inserts the beginning of the standard HTML tag for an image. Next, add the URL of the photo, e.g. http://url-location/photo.jpg (Note: the photo needs to have been uploaded to a Web site, such as your personal CarSpace page, or to a photo hosting service in order to have a URL.) Finally, click the “Img” button again to insert the end of the standard HTML tag for an image. When you post your message, the photo will be included.

Please note that very large photos (dimensions or file size) may cause our pages to render poorly and will be removed by the host.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper