Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Kia Sportage

Comments

• conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    on the wire service today direct from KIA.

Kia Canada hopes to build on this momentum with the launch of the all-new Sportage that will arrive in dealership showrooms within the next 30 days."
    just found this all new microsite for the Sportage (looks like it was launched today), not yet fully developed, that will be in July.

http://www.kia-sportage.com/
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Thanks for the link, looks nice but I can see where visibility will be a problem although lately that design seems to be common these days.
    got production figures and it looks like the Sportage production has now gone into full gear with the new 2011 model as it had dwindled down to 43 in March, slightly up to 166 in April (probably doing tests and getting ready for full production) because in May its shot up to 5,113 units.

So they are on there way!
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,897
    edited June 2010
    I've read several articles that mentioned that the 2011 Sportage, shortly after introduction, will be getting the 2.0 turbo. None state just how much hp/torgue this engine in the Sportage would have but it should be substantial as I believe it's a derivative of the turbo that will be going into the Sonata and Optima.

Haven't read anywhere that the Tucson will be getting this turbo engine. 270+ hp with well over 30mpg hwy(supposed to get 34mpg in the Sonata) would make this new Sportage a little rocket. Is KIA trying to make this a performance vehicle? All the reviews I've read about the Tucson state that the 2.4L is "adequate" but a little short on oomph. The turbo would make this a very inviting little CUV.

Anybody have any good info that this engine is for real in the Sportage and what kind of numbers it will come in at?
    according to Kia Media the 2.0L turbo will be available in the Sportage at a later date, but at this point I haven't come across any info as to when or specific details on it.
    I have the 2.4L in my Rondo and with the new Sportage in the same weight area and with the newer engine with more hp than mine, it should handle it very well, as I find the 2.4L more than adequate with great performance. I guess it all depends what you are used to or expect.
    It's kind of like the Sonata and Optima. What, isn't 200hp enough? However, people are used to a certain amount of grunt and acceleration and if the price is reasonable and the mpg is just as good......why not have some fun at the same time. :)
    I have the full Canadian specs and features on the 2011 Sportage, if any one has any specific questions.
  • markleungmarkleung Posts: 44
    Did you get a brochure from your dealer already? Did you sales guy tell you anything about the 2.0T? Will it be out this year?
    there is no brochures out on the vehicle that I am aware of yet. This is another reliable source, but there is no mention of the turbo in the info I currently have, but I do have all the details you normally see in a brochure as to colours and how each model is equipped.
    Excellent sir. How can we get hold of this information then? A website? PDF? Please let us know!
    sorry you can't its not on a website and its not pdf. However, I have posted all of the information on another website (higher Canadian traffic), but unfortunately I can't provide the link due to the agreement on this site - they won't allow you to mention competiting sites. Tried it once before and got told about it.

But, like I said if you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them.
    edited June 2010
    I have mentioned competing sites in these forums many times but I have not provided a direct link. Maybe that is what the problem Edmunds had with your post. I have mentioned cars.com, autoblog.com, motortrend, etc. etc. and I know many other poster do the same and many include links to competing sites when they want to refer to photos. So you could just include the website in your post and there should be no problem.
    okay, its on kia-forums.com there should be enough info to keep you going for a while. :)
    2.0T out in Jan 2011?

I am not sure if I can wait that long...
    Thanks for the links. The turbo model sounds like a little jackrabbit. Interested to see what kind of mpg figures that model will have. Always liked V6 in the RAV4(it can really scoot) but just can't stand the rest of the vehicle, especially the way rear door opens and the spare tire mount. This may be worth a serious look.
    MotorTrend First Drive

Again, late availability of the 2.0T. Sigh.
    on the whole new redesigned KGIS site http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ you can download a pdf file on the Features and Functions Guide on the 2011 Sportage. Its under Publications and Glove Box Material.