Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Kia Sportage

1235»

Comments

• just bought my daughter a 2011 Sportage LX AWD. I needed AWD because she lives in the New England area. It was difficult finding an LX AWD (here in Florida for obvious reasons) but the dealer found one on the west coast (of Fla) with just an upgraded mirror and floor mats - exactly what I was looking for. The only AWD's most dealers in my area had were loaded EX models (and substantial higher prices). Also the EX models came with 18" tires that while cool looking cost an arm and a leg to replace. What sold me on the Sportage was 1) great warranty 2) reliability ratings 3) value for the price and 4) safety (curtain airbags all around; ESC). And the redesign makes it a sharp looking vehicle in my opinion. This was a replacement vehicle for another AWD vehicle that was totaled (by my daughter's friend - a story for another day). The cost wasn't that much more than a used Rogue, Rav4 or CRV.
  • I am a first time buyer interested in gathering some information for a 2011 Kia Sportage.

1. What oil filter number fits my car?
    2. What is the pounds per square inch to tighten the brake caliper bolts?

Rick.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    odd request, but you can find out full details on the Sportage and you can also download an owners manual

http://www.kiatechinfo.com/
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,017
    Anybody have any idea as to when the turbo is going to be in dealers and specs ie. HP/torque and MPG?
  • Have any of you bought a 2011 Sportage EX AWD with Premium/Navigation, and what did you pay for it? I looked a t a dealer in NYC and they were selling above MSRP! I wont pay 30K for a Kia; 25-26k, yes... Any insight?
  • I hear July and about 250 HP
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,017
    Who would have thought to look there.(wink). Tks for link!
  • albe2albe2 Posts: 1
    Bought an EX FWD w/nav about a week ago (don't need AWD in Calif). Paid $26,500 including destination less tax/license.
  • Just picked up a new LX awd Sportage. About 150 miles on it so far. White with the black trim.

So far so good. Only negative would be the radio sound quality. I may jsut have to fix the settings.

Leased from Quirk Kia in Ma no high pressure did most of the work via email.

FRank
  • maringamaringa Posts: 36
    Any test driven or bought a turbo version of this car yet? Interested in hearing perceptions.
  • Pretty bad in the Boston area this AM. The new AWD Sportage handle it well. I was quite pleased in the snow how well it did.
  • bstoeckerbstoecker Posts: 10
    Test drove it two weeks ago and again last night and today and decided to buy it. They had to hunt down the silver one for me but should have it Monday night. I loved it, the engine is super quick and very impressed. I still can't believe I just bought a KIA.
  • jthewoodjthewood Posts: 6
    Test drove an AWD SX the other day and WOW! Really nice vehicle. I've been in the market for a small CUV and love the performance aspect of the new Sportage. Very nice interior with some cheaper plastics but not over the top (like Honda). Steering felt good, but I wasn't really able to open it up or really test it on twisty roads. The engine is great...plenty of oomph to get it moving and should be enjoyable on the backroads. Not sure about the auto-manual shifter for ex-manual types like myself, but I'll test it out again before I buy. I'm comparing it with a Tiguan, so build quality is a high priority for me. Also, I love the way it looks, great lines.
    J
  • CapeCodCapeCod Posts: 117
    From the different review sites I keep hearing how the ride in the Sportage is too stiff. Since I am often overwhelmed by the newness of a vehicle this is something I might misjudge. Especially if I did not test drive on the right roads. Can any one offer a comparison between the new Sportage LX and a Toyota Rav. Will the Sportage really be a harsher ride??? thanks. Also, what are the spring season MPG readings? I do a fair amount of highway driving and hate to settle for less than 28 highway with a combined 25... fingers-crossed.
  • corby2corby2 Posts: 2
    My wife just bought the Sportage SX in Mineral Gray. She was originally looking for an EX AWD in the same color but the dealer couldn't locate or trade it so we stepped up to the SX Turbo. Originally thought it would be more car than she needed but it must have been fate because the SX is so much peppier than the EX in addition to better handling when you compare the two. KIA has a winner with the Sportage. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a CUV in this segment. The only thing I don't like about the Sportage SX is that she won't let me drive it.
  • jerry158jerry158 Posts: 5
    edited May 2011
    Sportage - LX, EX
    Exterior:
    Standard 17-inch alloy wheels (LX; previously optional)

Interior

Available UVO in-car hands-free entertainment and communication system package (optional EX and SX)
    New YES-Essentials seat treatment (integrated new anti-soiling, anti-static, and antibacterial fabric properties)
    Added low washer fluid warning (with Supervision meter cluster only)
    Added standard floor console and cup holder rubber mat
    Added folding key (with keyless entry vehicles only)

Mechanical

No changes
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,295
    "Have you held off on a car purchase because you're waiting for a better deal? Or did you go ahead and buy because you assume car prices could just rise even further this summer? An Associated Press reporter would like to talk with you. Please send your contact information to Aaron Lewis at pr@edmunds.com."

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• jerry158jerry158 Posts: 5
    2012s are being built and will be shipped soon.
  • corby2corby2 Posts: 2
    No dealer should be quoting prices above the MSRP. Check out a dealer in the Boston area. I bought an SX and it was way below MSRP and it was in Mineral Gray which is one of the colors that are in the most demand.
  • As an FYI I was able to secure a new Mineral Silver 2011 Kia Sportage SX Turbo at about 12% below the MSRP... With the 2012 version starting to appear it looks like a good time to pick up one of the remaining 2011... even if there are few if any rebates. My walk out price was abt $2,000 less then the MSRP and that included the states 6% tax. :shades:
  • regy65regy65 Posts: 6
    well its been a year now and 11000 miles on it, the new intake is doing well even though I see the misfire code now as a software problem in the tsb page. So far so good , still a rough ride my wife calls it a jeep style ride. I will be back again for yearly reviews on this vehicle. have a great day
  • Hey me again, update on sportage at 19000 miles so far so good, just a stiff ride with alot of front end suspension noise still, might have to get it checked out!
1235»