Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tahoe New Engine Start and Fuel Problems

saltflysaltfly Posts: 4
edited July 12 in Chevrolet
Just had a jasper engine installed. Its hard to start. Did a fual pressure test. 55 psi engine off key on. With engine running 52 psi. Engine off sitting. 55 psi at first 1/2 hour down to 39 psi one hour down to 21 psi. 2 hours down to 0. Spec. on pressure that I read is 50 to 60 psi with 55 being ideal. Before pressure tested Mach. said its the fual pump. I had it replaced 3 years ago. Whats your thought as to whats wrong. I do trust this mach. But he didn't have time to check it till next week. So I did the test with my guage. If its something I can fix I will. if its relayed to the engine job I what him to fix it. Also it was a long block that was installed.

Comments

• saltflysaltfly Posts: 4
    Almost forgot. 1996 tahoe 350 vortec.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    edited April 2010
    doesn't sound like fuel delivery is the issue.........

you could verify by pulling a plug.
    I'll pull one or two today. Other then looking for a fouled plug. What should I be looking for? Color or just looking for one no firing? I have a plug firing tester. Should I check for that?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    edited April 2010
    Takes compression, fuel, and fire to ignite.

From a fuel perspective, your pressure seems okay, just verify that plug is a little wet. That would confirm that you're getting fuel to the cylinders.

If you paid someone to put this engine in, why aren't they trouble shooting this?
    He will be when he get back from vaction. We talked at the end of last week and he thought it was the fual pump. I need my truck so I thought I would get a jump on this. So the truck isn't in the shop any longer then nessary. That way we won't waste time on that and spend the time looking at some thing other then the pump. Also I thought it maybe something simple and could just fix it myself. but it now dosen't sound like it. Their was a time I would have put the engine in myself. But age is catching up with me. So I now take it to the pros. Thanks for the ifo.
This discussion has been closed.