Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Rio 2011-2012 Replacement ?

phill1phill1 Posts: 315
Now that Kia`s sister company Hyundai has revealed at the Bejing Auto Show in China its new replacement for its aging-dated Accent with the new 2011-2012 Verna,which IMO looks even better then its new 2011 Sonata ,when will Kia announce its plans for its replacement for its Kia Rio? Refreshing and updating is long past, time for a total replacement like Hyundai is doing. Hope KIa also brings back a 5 door hatchback along with the 4 door sedan. I love my 06 Kia Rio5 SX and if Hyundai decides to only offer the 4 door sedan and 3 door hatchback, hopefully Kia will still offer the sporty versatility of the 5 door hatchback which offers the convenience of a small wagon.
Tagged:

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,675
    edited July 2010
    it has more of the Subaru WRX taillight thing going for it now, not necessarily a good thing. Hard ta tell 'cause ya can't see the whole body shape, so I'll reserve judgement on the makeover for now.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    Found out that's the present car. Found the exact same shot on another site. Thought the changes looked pretty small.
    so that pic was of the latest Rio bodystyle? That tall looking taillight. Spose it could be. I still haven't seen an '11-'12 Rio bodystyle shot anywhere. Have I?

• himi1himi1 Posts: 25
    Here are the very first shots of the next-generation Kia Rio:

http://www.kia-world.net/index.php/2010/08/31/2011-kia-rio-ub-spy-shots/
  • masked up pictures are so frustrating to try and distinguish key points on a new automobile, huh?

• phill1phill1 Posts: 315
    The picture of the upcoming 2012 Kia Rio both Sedan, 5 Door Hatchback, and possibly 3 Door Hatchback to follow have been posted on Accent Planet. Very much like the pictures of the 2012 Hyundai Accent which was unveiled first in Jan at the Montreal Auto Show in Canada and next in Apr at the NY Auto Show, (BUT) what a big improvement on the rear of the 5 Door Hatchback on the Kia! The upcoming Accent hatch looks like a Fiesta wannabe but the Kia hatch looks IMO super. I think Hyundai will be selling first in North America the Accent so depending how much patience one has, may not be able to wait on the Kia Rio....what a shame!
    latest model of Rio...YouTube video. Beautiful new hatchback Rio from Kia for 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Hu4S7-Gm8&feature=player_detailpage

at the new 2012 Kia Rio hatchback.

edited March 2011
    in white color. Or is not the color of white...color?

The "eco" 2012 Kia Rio will get 73mpg in the U.S.? What?

http://www.thecarblogger.net/2011/03/geneva-2011-2012-kia-rio-ecodynamics.html

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,515
    From all angles but the front, that's really not bad at all, and light years ahead of the current penalty box. It is somewhat European, Fiat-ish in my eyes. Headlights are Asian-freaky and I don't know if the grille translates well to that size of car...but you can't get perfection at that price range :shades:
    I think both the 2012 Kia Rio and its twin sibling the 2012 Hyundai Accent will sell like crazy. I like the rear of the Kia Rio Hatchback much better then the rear of the Hyundai Accent Hatchback which looks too similar IMO to the Fiesta Hatch, however I like the side styling and grill better on the Accent and lack of the Fiesta like small front mini-quarter window. Guess you have to see both in person when they finally arrive and judge which negatives bother you least or which one gets released first and how much of a wait the other will require before it hits the Dealerships. I think the Hyundai Accent Sedan looks the best but I want a Hatchback because its so practical.
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    If gas prices stay up, I'm giving serious consideration to going to a B-Class car for my next purchase. This looks like one of the best.
    The long term outlook for gasoline prices well probably head towards $5.00@ gallon or Higher! The irrational dip in Fuel prices last Summer during the peak demand driving period was only due to the Oil Refinery Companies artificially keeping prices low due to the Oil Rig collapse and Spill in the Gulf of Mexico, PERIOD! They did not want anymore negativity focused on them at that time that might hurt future deep well oil drilling off shore. I`m going to grab a 2012 Hyundai Accent or Kia Rio Hatchback as soon as they are released. My 2011 Ford Fiesta B-Segment vehicle gets over 35 m.p.g city and an amazing 41 m.p.g. highway with hard driving. I`m sold on the comfort, drivability and fuel economy of B segment size cars.
    dudes. Here is the 2012 Kia Rio hatchback.

phill1...did you buy a 2012 Ford Focus? Any pics you could upload here fer us? :)

iluvmysephia1: I posted that I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE hatchback that I`ve had since last July. Nope, no 2012 Ford Focus here. I going for the 2012 Kia Rio5 Hatchback in the Fall when it finally gets launched and retiring my 2006 Kia Rio5 Hatchback that I`ve owned almost 6 years with 67K mileage. Time for a new one!
    edited May 2011
    there was a time that I fancied owning my own 2006 Kia Rio5. Has she treated you well? Obviously well enough ta buy another Kia product, eh?

2012 Kia Rio hatchback in that famously famous CREAM COLOR that
    iluvmysephia1 la-la-loves! YES! Bring it on South Korean dudes!!!!

Or is this simply some sort of Kia white color (come on white isn't a color!!) and not the "cream" white that I might just think I'm seeing? Can anyone splane it fer us?

Whoo-hoo! Get revved up and get excited about something Edmunds members!

SCHWEET-this is the only rig out there that could entice me back to owning a Kia product again

I think I want one of my own. phill1 are you going for the 5-speed stick for your '12 Kia Rio HB? I would think the 5-speed stick would be mandatory.

Host-I would think we could drop the ?-mark and The Centurions at the end of this thread, too, as Kia has confirmed this business with this Rio hatch and a sedan with a similar FE as this, so it's a done deal. I vote fer droppin' the question mark.

First of all, the 2012 Kia Rio Sedan or Rio5 Hatchback is only available in a 6 speed manual transmission I believe or 6 speed automatic. Secondly, the color shown is probably not accurate but an artist rendering. I hope they make available a really nice "expensive" soft/off white colour like Hyundai offers on its Tucson SUV. I personally hate drab Oxford White. Looks cheap like your driving a utility vehicle. I`m myself am not crazy about Kia`s Cream colour either. Sure, its soft but does not look expensive, looks like an old color that Chrysler put on its PT Cruiser and its Chrysler 300. Hope they have a nice light Sea Foam Green or Frosted Glass like Ford is offering on its 2012 Focus. I`m so tired of Black, both Graphite and Silver Grey, and Pure Oxford White. And IMO opinion, you can kill off Shocking Yellow and Anti-Freeze (Apple) Green too unless your under 21 years of age! The 2006 KIa Rio 5 has been an excellent vehicle and with it 5 year 60 K bumper to bumper warranty has cost very little except for usually maintenance and tire/brake replacement. Just 2 lower seat cushion air bag sensors requiring the entire seat cushion being repaced (under warranty) and 2 electrical engine coil replacements @ $300. One under warranty and one paid out of pocket. All in all, great car.
    edited May 2011
    phill1.

I going for the 2012 Kia Rio5 Hatchback in the Fall when it finally gets launched and retiring my 2006 Kia Rio5 Hatchback that I`ve owned almost 6 years with 67K mileage. Time for a new one!

Wow, your 2006 Kia Rio5 HB only had 67K after 6 years! Our 2001 Kia Sportage 4X4, purchased on Sept.29, 2001, and traded in on our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS on March 21, 2007, had about 130,000 miles on it when put in for the Lancer GTS. And a lot of those were gentle highway miles, yes, but nonetheless they were miles. Avondale Mitsubishi of Avondale, AZ, just a few miles west of Phoenix, gave us great trade-in value on our '01 Sportage 4X4, making the '08 Lancer GTS deal really happen for us.

Yeah, the '13 Lancer GTS Hybrid (or standard ICE Lancer GTS for 2013), the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and the 2013 Kia Rio Hatchback are my finalists for futures purchasing for 2013. Of course, I always start by saying that I would want a stick, but in reality, our '08 Lancer GTS has an automatic CVT transmission and we are enjoying it just fine. My son and I are the only people that drive it, I recently just purchased 2 Hankook 215 45R18's for it from Discount Tire in Hayden, ID. Good tires-the new ones went on the back per Discount Tire policy and the 2 older Pirelli's went up to the front. Drives and behaves better now. After another oil change or two I'll want to take a look at the disc brake pads and maybe have brakes done.

Been a great rig, the '08 Lancer GTS. But I will take a good, hard look at the 2013 Kia Rio HB in off-white or cream or polar white (polar white would not be my top choice, indeed) and take one no doubt for a spin here in northern Idaho. 6-speed manual would be preferable over the 6-speed automatic.

You got me confused, you kept making reference to a 2013 Lancer GTS Hybrid or 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander and a 2013 Rio Rio5 Hatchback? I was referring to the upcoming 2012 Kia Rio5 coming out this fall, Sept/Oct 2011. As far as tires go, I ALWAYS replace all 4 at the same time with the same brand,model, and size. Miss matched tires always cause vibration, road noise caused by different tire tread design.