Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Rio 2011-2012 Replacement ?

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,675
    that's just because 2013 is when I'm gonna start looking in earnest for a new rig. Maybe. The '08 Lancer GTS just passed 70,000 miles. We're probly set for years still without needing ta buy a new rig.

At $200 a pop I decided two was going to do for tires a couple of weeks ago. There is some definite tire whine going on but not that bad. I'll watch the situation like a hawk, though.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• phill1phill1 Posts: 315
    Just got a reply from a Kia Motors America "Media" Spokesman about option packages, colors,and prices. Said that might be released sometime this Summer, July-Sept. As of now, (subject to change) they are looking at a Launch date of LATE Oct. 2011. Might have to jump on the new 2012 Ford Focus, not sure if I have the patience to wait that long. As far as its sibling, the new 2012 Hyundai Accent, I`ll pass on that one for sure and might consider the Elantra if I don`t go for another Hatchback.
    edited June 2011
    so we're lookin' at July-August-September 2011 until we find out if Kia is going to offer that creamy off-white color I am digging so much on it?

Then?

2012 Kia Rio hatchback in creamy off-white
    that iluvmysephia1 likes so much

As of now, (subject to change) they are looking at a Launch date of LATE Oct. 2011. Might have to jump on the new 2012 Ford Focus, not sure if I have the patience to wait that long. As far as its sibling, the new 2012 Hyundai Accent, I`ll pass on that one for sure and might consider the Elantra if I don`t go for another Hatchback.

All-righty, then. Hey, phill1...the new 2012 Ford Focus is worthy of our rapt attention, it really is. I have liked that car since I first saw're it. Really. I have.

I`m really confused. You posted your not going to be in the market for a new vehicle for a few years and your quite (excited) if that cream color, Dune Sand will be offered? In several years, even if it is offered in 2012, it probably won`t be offered when your ready to purchase. Perhaps you will then be looking to find and purchase one used, I guess. I actually don`t like that cream color at all. Its on the Kia Soul and a lot of Chrysler products and it just looks old to me. Its not a rich soft elegant white, but an odd yellowish, light tan/beige, IMO.
    And by the way, the artist picture depicting the new 2012 Kia Rio5 Hatchback is (not) a rendering of that cream color Dune Sand. It looks completely different, more like some kind of beige or off white. I do like the color thats depicted in the posting.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    Models:
    Rio – LX, LX+, LX ECO; EX, EX+, EX Luxury
    Accent – L, GL, GLS

Rio advantages:

15” wheels standard (vs 14” L, GL)
    alloys available in 15” LX-E, 16” EX and 17” EX-L (vs 16” GLS)
    electric assist power steering (vs MDPS)
    heated and powers mirrors standard (vs std on GL, GLS)
    turn signals in door mirrors standard on EX series (vs GLS)
    power folder mirrors std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    fog lights std on LX+ (vs GLS)
    automatic headlights std EX series (n/a on Accent)
    rain sensing windshield std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    twin-tip exhaust std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    power moonroof std on EX series (vs GLS)
    heated seats std on LX+ and EX series (vs GLS)
    heated steering wheel std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    leather seats std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    centre console armrest standard (GL, GLS)
    manual a/c std on LX+ and EX series (vs GL, GLS)
    auto climate control standard on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    cruise control std on LX+ and EX series (vs GL, GLS)
    ISG – idle stop and Go system std LX ECO (n/a on Accent)
    push button ignition with smart key std EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    steering wheel audio control standard (vs GL, GLS)
    satellite radio standard (vs GLS)
    Bluetooth hands free std LX+ and EX series (vs GLS)
    UVO infotainment opt EX, std EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    rear view camera opt EX, std EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    telescopic steering std on EX series (n/a on Accent)
    dual illuminated visor mirrors standard (n/a on Accent)
    cooling glove box std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)

I have the feature specifications for the Canadian Rio 5, but no prices yet. Any questions just fire away.
    Since your comparing the 2012 Kia Rio5 "Canadian" version vs the 2012 Hyundai Accent "Canadian" version. Hard to cross reference anything against US Spec Models. Any news on Color Selection availability? Usually Kia offers a few different colors then the Hyundai line. Still late Oct or Nov launch planned for Canada?
    The Rio 5 in Canada is expected to be launched in September.

Here are the colours for the Canadian Rio 5

Graphite (ABT) **
    Silverstone Beige (FDP) **
    Chestnut Brown (DBS) **
    Deep Blue (BLA) **
    Electronic Blue (FBD) **
    Clear White (UD)
    Bright Silver (3D) *
    Midnight Black (9B) **
    Signal Red (BEG) **
    Caramel Yellow (F2G) **
    How disappointing. Most of these colours are old Kia paint from previous year models. Clear White is just what is states. A White Paint better suited for a Utility Truck or Police vehicle. Even Hyundai offers a luxurious soft "off white" on its Tucson SUV. The trend now is most upscale cars is going away from the old traditional drab ordinary (white) but different hues of creamy white. No offering either of a light metallic Frosted Glass Green like Ford offers on its new Focus either. What happened to the Light Metallic Silver Blue? A dynamic new vehicle like the 2012 Kia Rio5 needs a few non traditional colors besides, Dark Grey, Silver Grey, Utility White,Black, Dark Blue,Electric Blue, and Beige. Guess I will have to pick from one of the above since I love the looks of this car regardless. A Stand Out vehicle deserves a few non traditional Stand Out Paint Colors too.
    edited July 2011
    all the colours with a ** are pearl Metallic, * metallic. With the exception of Clear White, Midnight Black, Signal Red all the other colours are new to the Canadian market for the 2012 Rio. Don't forget in the US they tend to not use the same colour name descriptions as we do in Canada and not necessary all the same colours.
    There are three new colours on the 2012 Soul "saddle brown" (pearl metallic); "Misty Green" (metallic); "Olive Green" (metallic).

I presume you are from the US as you have not filled out your location in your profile.
    Your correct, I`m located down at the "end of the road" in Key West, FL 90 miles from Cuba, which curiously Canadians can visit but American citizens cannot unless they are Cuban and have relatives living on the Island, but thats another matter. I won`t go (there) because the "politics" of the matter really irritates me to no end. That said, on the matter of the Color availability for the upcoming new 2012 Kia Rio, I do realize that Canada often gets different model trim, content, and colors that the US never has access to. Using the color names you provided, a Google searched showed most have already appeared on previous US version Kia`s. I might be wrong, hopefully I am. I really was looking forward to a (White) Rio5, but it appears its going to be the same boring utility white that Kia has used before. I`ll have to find another color selection. I`m personally really tired of Black, Dark Grey and Silver Grey which are the top selling colors of (every) brand vehicle as well as some shade of White. Oh well, the car still looks fabulous.
    edited July 2011
    here's a one page summary of the main features of the 2012 Rio 5 for Canada. MSRP has not yet been announced.

close. This one blows the socks off of anything else in it's size range. The Ford Fiesta is the closest serious competitor, I would think, and the Mazda 2. But this one looks the best, can't wait to see one in person here in Idaho!

LX MT - $14,095
    LX AT - $15,395
    LX+ MT - $15,395
    LX+AT - $16,895
    LX ECO AT - $17,695

EX MT - $16,995
    EX MT w/UVO - $17,495
    EX AT - $18,295
    EX AT w/UVO - $18,795
    EX Luxury AT - $20,795

the base LX models starts off at the same MSRP as the 2011 model, auto $100 more
    Looks like Canada is going to get its 2012 Kia Rio5 earlier then Kia USA. kia/media.com has no information on either trim level, options, or prices. Either they are waiting till the last moment to release the details or its going to be late Fall or Winter for US residents. Local Kia Dealerships said they have received (no) advance media materials and are still taking delivery of 2011 Kia Rio`s being dropped off by car carriers. You would think that Kia Canada and Kia USA despite having some trim & color differences and prices would be rolling out this highly anticipated Model about the same time, guess that does`nt appear to be the case.
    don't feel so bad, Kia Canada has not posted any of this on their website either, looking at their website you wouldn't even know there was a new model coming out.
    conwelpic, Well safe to say that your (source) for all your "classified" information must be kept secret. Assuming your Canadian, I`m not sure if you would be eligible to get into the US Justice Department`s, "Witness Protection Program" and secretly given a new identity and living location. Maybe Canada has a similar program. Guess us American`s, if we survive the current "Debt Ceiling Crisis", will just have to be patient and await Kia Motors America to reveal specifications,option packages, and prices of (our) version of the 2012 Kia Rio5 whenever they decide to do so. The 2012 Hyundai Accent is going to be a "hard sell" once it`s sibling, the Kia Rio5 finally arrives. Hyundai aught to start rebates and low cost financing immediately (before) Kia launches its new 2012 Rio, IMO.
    Yes I'm Canadian :)

here is the one page summary I did earlier but with the MSRP now shown.

Say It`s Not So! Only "Black" Cloth Interior? No Beige/Tan Cloth Option? The following (colours) would look much better IMO with Tan/Beige Cloth Interior.
    1. Silverstone Beige 2. Deep Blue 3. Clear White 4. Midnight Black 5. Signal Red.
    Even the stripped down US version of the Hyundai GLS Sedan offers Beige/Tan Cloth Interior Option although for some odd reason, the Hyundai Accent 5 door Hatchback only offers 2 tone Charcoal Grey or Black Cloth. If one, (like myself) does not want Black Cloth Interior, guess we will be forced whether we like it or not to upgrade to the Leather Interior Option and all the bells and whistles that go with it. I DO NOT want a built in Navigation system which will add over $1000 additional cost, as my portable Garmin GPS works fine and can be removed and transfered to another vehicle and it only costs $80. Maybe the US version will have a Beige/Cloth Interior Option, I hope!
    don't judge this has being the same for the US, you get more interior colours choices that we do in Canada. The 2012 Accent in Canada only comes with black cloth interior.

I use a Garmin, so can't see any reason for Nav in any vehicle I would purchase. You notice that no NAV is offered on the Canadian model.