Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Hyundai Elantra

Comments

• drew11mdrew11m Posts: 85
    -The radio controls are a stretch for those who have the seat back a bit, you have to actually reach forward to access them.

Doesn't the Limited have audio controls on the wheel?

Yeah, dumb me forgot to finish the thought. Hard to reach but thankfully i have the limited with the controls on the wheel, otherwise tall people like me would be hosed.

I really like the Bluetooth setup. Nice to play my Iphone music and take calls without any cables
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,680
    Saw a few of these at my local dealer on Thursday and fell in love...nice alloys & loved the interior in that everything was right where my hands needed them to be & the seats were a bit more comfortable than my current Civic's. Titanium with the gray interior is a nice combo & the one the wife would probably get. Sat in the new Equus and it was amazing! The thrones were extremely comfortable with the perforated leather...very soft & buttery feel to them with so many adjustments...my spine would love it! Loved the Genny also...a nicely put together vehicle but too big for our needs.

The Elantra or the new Accent would be just perfect for the wife...hopefully the new Accent will have a prefered package with more goodies on it...mt kids is nice & is the top of the line for the '08 Accent but lacks cruise which I just found out on Thursday. Hopefully the new one will have it plus more upgrades.
    The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,632
    The elantra limited I drove (just before Xmas, when first out) was very impressive. I imagine the Accent will be too, and possibly even better MPG.

Now they just need to make a wagon (or at least a hatch) version of one of them!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,728
    There is a hatch version of the new Accent, but it's called Veloster vs. Accent. A hatch or wagon version of the new Elantra has been rumored, and is likely given there's already an Elantra wagon (Touring).
    I want to see the next touring. I kept seeing the velostar referred to as a replacement for the tiburon. No way I am interested in something like that.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

It's really a much different car than the Tiburon--really a more highly stylized Accent hatchback, with a third door (on passenger side). I saw one at the local auto show today, in lime green. It looked better up close than in photos.
    I didn't mean it was the same car, more that it was taking over the market slot (spiritual successor?)

I'm not into a little sporty coupe. I want a station wagon, and since those are hard to find, a 5 door hatch would be close enough!

• ondamanondaman Posts: 21
    Hi,
    I have a month old 2011 Elantra (GLS Preferred A/T trim), lately I'm noticing wheel is slowly veering left when driving on straight, flat roads. It is very noticeable. Anyone having this issue as well?

** Added info: In 4 weeks, I've been back to dealer service shop twice. On first week, both front power outlets stopped working (busted fuse). On 3rd week, the passenger side power outlet again stopped working (another busted fuse). So I bought 2 spare fuses from service in case fuse blows up again. I have regular iphone chargers on both outlets. Same chargers I've been using with my '07 Honda Pilot the last 4 yrs with no issues.
  • pud2pud2 Posts: 20
    edited March 2011
    Made a deal with the dealer today, for a 2011 Limited--- loaded, in that beautiful cherry red metallic color(Sorry, don't know the "proper" name of the color!), with the dark leather interior...
    Absolutely stunning car, supposed to pick it up after work tomorrow. Dealer is gonna' pin stripe it for me, and get it ready.
    I have a 2008 Sonata, which has been fabulous, main reason I looked at Hyundai again.
    I cannot believe a car as nice as that Elantra gets the fantastic gas mileage also :)
    Appreciate hearing from any Limited purchaser's out there!
    Umm...heated seats, front & rear!!
    Hi,
    I have a month old 2011 Elantra (GLS Preferred A/T trim), lately I'm noticing wheel is slowly veering left when driving on straight, flat roads. It is very noticeable. Anyone having this issue as well?

Hi, I had the same problem with my Elantra at first. I took it back to the dealer, and it was slightly out of alignment. They did an alignment at no cost and everything has been golden since.
    edited March 2011
    Hi,

Hi, I had the same problem with my Elantra at first. I took it back to the dealer, and it was slightly out of alignment. They did an alignment at no cost and everything has been golden since.
    Love my heated seats, love my steering wheel audio controls and bluetooth. Really nice little car. I got the dark blue with gray interior. That red looks REALLY nice
  • yennhi2yennhi2 Posts: 11
    Hi, how much you paid for the limited?
  • Congrats on the new Elantra!
    I'm also looking for the Limited out here on the west coast. What kind of deal did you get?
  • I also just purchased the red Elantra Limited with navigation. I should be picking up the car in a matter of 48 hours or less. I'm also adding an OEM wing to the back, window tint, woodgrain dash kit and upgrading the Nav to XM Everything with weather.

I compared to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Cruze and Mazda 3. There was absolutely no comparison in price and warranty. The Chevy Cruze had just a little bit better interior with remote start. The Mazda 3 was a little more fun to drive.

However, the overall winner went to the New Hyundai Elantra Limited. The car is incredible!
    OEM wing?
    Tell me about this!
    Any links to go see one?? :confuse:
    In Missouri in January, paid 19500 for limited , no nav. MSPR was 20,800 .
    edited March 2011
    MSRP was 23900....Got the car for 21500, before taxes & fees....total was $22,400 out the door.
    Drove it 40 miles home tonight in the rain, I think it is gonna' be around for a LONG time!
    Very nice, still have a lot to learn about the nav,(although got started on it), and surprisingly, the sound system isn't bad either!
    Still can't get over how good looking that red with the black leather interior looks....dealer did a kinda' charcoal pinstriping, looks VERY nice!!
  • sounds really nice. I hope to be driving the same car out in california. If this elantra is anything like the previous two generations your right about driving this car for a long time. I've purchased two new elantras and they were virtually repair free, a 2003 for my son, a 2007 for my daughter. now its my turn...buying a 2011 for myself!
    Again, congrats!
  • $23,900?

Was it loaded with dealer extras? Normally it would be around $22,880.
    edited March 2011
    Yes, it had $900.00 and change on for stuff like lifetime state inspections, nitrogen tires refilled, car wash's for life, etc......Dealer just threw that in no charge.
    So, overall, I think my price was good. Maybe not rock bottom, but for today, not too bad..... ;)
  • You got a pretty good deal! We got our for the same price off the $22.880 MSRP. We were happy with that considering a limited with navigation was could not be found in our area in December.

Enjoy your Elantra!
  • imkramerimkramer Posts: 26
    I might pull the trigger on the following purchase tomorrow:

2011 Elantra Limited w/ Prem Pkg, Floor Mats, and iPod Cable
    Titanium Gray Ext. / Black Leather Int.
    MSRP $22,830

Deal:
    $21,250 (Car as noted above)
    $249.95 Doc Fee
    $1505 Tax
    $18 Tag/Registration
    $23,022.95 Out The Door

Only thing is I have to travel 100 miles to this dealer. Only one other dealer can get the exact same car and color combo for me. That dealer, who is about 15 miles away, is asking exactly $700 more for the exact same car (it'll be arriving any day now on his lot), and he won't/can't match the other's price. These 2 dealers are the only ones within a reasonable distance who have/can get the car and colors I am looking for anytime soon. Seems to be worth the extra drive to me. What do you think? I'm gonna sleep on it tonight.
  • samm43samm43 Posts: 195
    Assuming both dealers are good and competent when the chips are down (you need them and you need them to be honest and responsible) then I would go to your closest one and say: "Are you sure? I am about to drive up there after I hear your 'nope'". Then show them a wad of bills. But then, if he still says no, go to the car and leave and get a coffee. Don't be too quick to put your seat belt on etc. Then come back and say, look my wife says we might as well offer $100 more because it will cost us that just to go to the other dealer. Wait and see, then up it to $200 if need be, and if they call your bluff then, tell them to go stuff themselves in the nicest way you know how (because you might need them in the future). Before you do any of this, make sure other dealer isn't pulling a bait and switch on you once you have driven the miles.

If they stand firm, they likely think they have the car sold to someone else for the extra. But they should remember the old saying, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Ask them if they know that saying LOL. :shades:

Good luck.

Sam
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,027
    ....everything about the 2011 Elantra except one thing; the price. It used to be one of the things that made Hyundais so attractive was the fact they were priced considerably lower than their competitors. They must have let all the good reviews go their heads because Hyundais are now as expensive as all the other brands...
    All the other brands except... Honda (Civic). Toyota (Corolla). Chevy (Cruze). Mazda (3). Ford (2012 Focus). VW (Jetta). And about the same as Nissan and Kia.

So go ahead and go down to your local Hyundai dealer and lay a big smootch on the hood of that shiny new 2011 Elantra! :)
    you also have to do the math comparing features. Comparably equipped, the Elantra is still a bargain.

edited March 2011
    Something else to consider... back in 2000, I bought one of the first all-new 2001 Elantras to hit the USA. It was a GLS with stick and Package 2 (cruise, remote keyless entry with alarm), and mats; MSRP was $13,412. Adjusted for inflation, that's $17,237 in 2011.

The 2011 Elantra GLS with stick, PEP (includes A/C and cruise) and mats lists for $16,895. So in fact, the 2011 Elantra costs LESS than a comparable Elantra from ten years ago! But the 2011 Elantra has a lot that the 2001 Elantra didn't at that price:

* ABS
    * ESC with traction control
    * 4-wheel disc brakes
    * 6 airbags (vs. 4)
    * 6-speed stick (vs. 5)
    * 16" wheels (vs. 15")
    * Telescopic steering column
    * Audio system with CD player, satellite radio, aux input and iPod input
    * Fold-down rear seat center armrest
    * Trunk release on the keyfob
    * Trip computer
    * 29/40 mpg EPA rated (vs. 21/30)

And not to mention, a much nicer car inside and out. To its credit, the 2001 Elantra did have an 8-way adjustable driver's seat and a spare tire.

So, a lot more features for less money than in 2000. What's not to love?
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,027
    If you look at some of the early posts in this thread you'll see that people are paying $22-$23K for the '11 Elantra. That's more than fully loaded Civics, Corollas, or the Cruz. At that price the Elantra is no longer the bargain it once was...
  • I thought fully loaded Corollas and Chevy Cruze (and yes, the Ford Focus and Honda Civic) were thousands more to a comparable Elantra with navi. Ok, maybe not the Corolla......Can you even get a Civic with navi? Too lazy to go the each website.......