Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Golf Lease Questions

Comments

• hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    edited April 2012
    Hi Car_man.

I would like the April residual value and base money factor for a 3 year lease of a Golf 2.5 Automatic, 4 door with Convenience Package, 10,000 miles per year.

Thank you!
    Hi Car_man.

Could you also please provide me with the April residual and base money factor for a 4 door base Golf TDI, automatic, for 3 years, 10,000 miles per year. I'm shopping around!

Thank you!

hpowders
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I would be happy to help you out, 1949. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Golf 4Dr TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey hpowders. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf 2.5 w/Convenience and 10,000 miles per year are .00014 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure hpowders. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf TDI with 10,000 miles per year are .00164 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • 19491949 Posts: 59
    Thank you, Car man, I really appreciate the info you provided. This helps with my leasing decision.
    Thanks for your help, Car_man, with the base Golf and TDI. I will be looking at the base Golf this Monday. I notice there is $750 cash toward the base Golf lease. :)
    You're very welcome 1949. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Any time hpowders.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    Hi Car_man.

A VW dealer has a 2012 2.5 4 door Golf with Convenience and Sunroof, but I'm not sure if the money factor and residual for 10,000 miles a year, 3 years are the same as for the Golf with Convenience only, which you recently told me are 0.00014 and 53%. Would you please check on this?
    Thanks! :)

hpowders
    Hey hpowders. I've seen .00021 and 52% for all 4-door Golf models with 36-months and 10,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • maggie49maggie49 Posts: 1
    hello - I would like to know where this information came from, because my dealer quoted me .00021 and 52% (on a 4 door Golf Automatic 2012 with sunroof & convenience package) BUT I don't believe him based on what you had written (.00014 & 53%)

Can you help me or provide your source of knowledge?

I already tried contacting VW Credit directly.

Thanks!!!
    Hi maggie49. The numbers that you were quoted are correct for June. You may have been looking at a post with old information. Manufacturers change their programs from month to month.

Car_man
    Host
  • trmiamitrmiami Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man!

can you please tell me if there are any dealer incentives (i.e.: cash back, rebate, loyalty, etc.) this month for either a Golf TDI or Jetta Sportwagen TDI?

I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing one with financing from my local credit union (or the other...comes down to available color), but want to make sure I am not missing out. Thanks!
    Hi trmiami. Volkswagen typically does not provide any cash incentives on TDI models and unfortunately this month is not an exception.

Car_man
    Host
  • chad75chad75 Posts: 19
    Are there any lease specs available for the Golf R? Specifically, the 4-door with sunroof/nav., 10-12k miles/year, 36-month? This would be for the southwest Florida area, 33901.

Thank you!
  • vhill33vhill33 Posts: 1
    Hi Car Guy,

I'm interested in a 2012 4 dr Golf. Just the basics. On the VW main site it says priced from $19795 (not including $770 dest charge). Can I order this car without all of the extras you find from a car already on the lot or are those easy to negotiate down? If I can order it, how long should I expect to wait? Also are there any dealer or manufacturer incentives/rebates?

I'm looking to lease - 12K or 10k miles and a 36 month or longer lease. I'm trying to stay under $250. Is this possible? If so, do I need to put money down to stay in that range? What is the money factor and residual on this car for Santa Monica/Los Angeles?

Thanks!

Vanessa
    Yes, chad75. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf R with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Vanessa. You may be able to find a dealer that will order you a stripped 4-Dr Golf, but there might be a few fairly basic ones out there on dealer lots already.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf 4-Dr with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The MSRP of a fairly stripped 2012 Golf 4-Dr with an automatic transmission is $20,565 and its dealer invoice price is $19,773. Let's say that you were able to negotiate a selling price of around $19,500. Using these numbers, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $259.

Car_man
    Host
  • Does anyone know the July 2012 lease parameters for a 2013 2-door TDI? The residual appears to have risen from the 2012 model according to the dealer (52 to 56%?). Any incentives available? What money factor is being used for the 2013 model in July? Thanks