Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX vs Lexus IS250 vs BMW 325xi vs Honda Accord

Comments

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    So the Mini is a luxury car and the Acura RL isn't?

I'm confused.
  • j1huynhj1huynh Posts: 28
    I've never said mini is a luxury car. please read carefully. I've said acura is branding it's cars to be luxury without the features of start button engine (which is something that's becoming standard).
  • kenu1kenu1 Posts: 5
    I test drove a BMW 325 and it had the key insertion (not turning the key) and push botton. I thought what's the point of this? The wireless key (fob) you leave in your pocket is the way to go.
    I love this keyless technology! It's not a deal breaker for me, but I'd pay hundreds for this feature if not a $1K. Admittedly, it's mostly a toy.
  • billpaulbillpaul Posts: 103
    edited June 2010
    Wireless keys are a safety feature if you are in an uncomfortable or unsafe situation, and they make it easier to get into your car when your arms of full.

After awhile, you take this convenience for granted, and recoil when you try to use a car that actually requires that you use or access a key.

So, in 2010, I don't think there is any excuse for upscale cars (e.g. Acuras) to be without this feature.

I recently bought an Infiniti G37S 6MT sedan and am enjoying conveniences like this in a car with excellent sports car performance. I came very close to buying a TSX or TL, but decided that they don't match the G37 (and the ugly snouts, especially on the TL were unacceptable).

However, I am thinking about buying the upcoming TSX station wagon. This is something I have been hoping Honda/Acura would do for a long time. I would put up with the snout in order to have a station wagon (which are rare these days). The only alternative I would consider is the VW sportwagen, but their reputation for poor reliability scares me.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    when car shopping a few months ago-the first thing the salesman showed us was the wireless key. (hyundai, subaru and mazda) Yes it is a nice feature to have but I could manage very well without it. Things I was disappointed with on the 2010 tsx were the gas tank cover that you now push on to open (like being able to open it from the inside) no memory seats, no longer offer the red with MT. I could live with the ugly snout. I decided to keep my 06 tsx-love it- Bought it new 11/06-It now has almost 107K problem free miles. It still has the original brake pads and rotors-all service is done by a acura dealer. Enjoy
    Your TSX is a great car. I admired that model for years. I was interested in buying, but being aware that the 09 model change was coming, I held off on the assumption that the new model would be better than the old -- I was wrong.
  • gbosilgbosil Posts: 88
    edited June 2010
    CORRECTION MEMORY SEATS: I have a 2010 TSX w/Tech and mine DOES have Memory Seats Position 1 Driver and Position 2 Driver :) .
    edited June 2010
    thanks-thought they did away with it- good thing to know
    My first experience with a wireless key was with the Toyota Prius. I thought the whole idea of never having to pull out your keys and inserting them into the ignition is very convenient. (Usually I'm fumbling for my keys.)

It's interesting that you say the TL/TSX has an ugly snout. The exactly the same thing I thought I have. The G37 is nicer looking to me. Still I may still get the TSX because I like Accords so much. But it does bug me that the TSX doesn't have a wireless key either. So I'm not so sure anymore.
    Wireless Keys are nice but just one more thing to worry about like system malfunction down the road or the damn key falling out of your pocket while driving and can't find it between the seat when you get out :mad: I love my 2010 TSX! The beak isn't as bad as the TL. Not as pronounced as the TL. The new TL is too bloated and just plain huge! I had a new TL as a loaner and man is that thing huge and ugly. I also own a 2007 TLS and will be holding on to it until the next gen TL is released! :P The new TL is just plain UGLY! Transformer looking! The new TSX lines will keep current for years to come. I have had 0 problem free 9K miles so far. Love the TSX! The G37 gets pretty $$$$ once optioned out! Also the reliability of Nissan/Infinity has gone down hill just spoken from a few of my friends that own the G37. Quite a few problems with them. :sick:
    While my 06 tsx was being serviced I had use of a 2010 TL/wtech as a loaner car. I was able to keep it overnight. I put the keyless remote on top of the center console. It ended up getting caught between the seats. My mom has hip problems, thought the seats were very comfortable. She owns a 08 accord. I really did not think it was that huge and with certain color the beak is not that huge looking. How many miles are on your 07 TLS. Hoping you continue not to have any problems with your tsx-mine has almost 107K problem free miles.
    My 07 TLS now has 58,900 problem free miles. I purchased it new back in April of 07'. I love it! It's a good balance of power and looks. The car hauls! Mine is Alabaster Silver Met with Black Leather interior ASPEC Kit with ASPEC Body Kit. I consistantly get positive comments from other people on it. There isn't many on the road which is nice. Maintenance has been very cheap compared to owning BMW, LEXUS, Audi etc... You can find a 07' or 08' TLS with low milage used out there. I think it's the best bang for your buck! I know when I purchased it new sticker was 42K with everything now you can pick em up for around 26 - 29K. They are still holding their value.
    edited June 2010
    Since I put on lots of miles I prefer new. I am planning on hopefully buying a new car June 2011 so I have some time to decide. I still love my tsx. Right now my one requirement is having 6 speed manual transmission. I agree the maintenance has been reasonable so far. I purchased my tsx new November 17, 2006.
    Yes, wireless key may fail some day. Counting on acura overall reliability to make this a small chance of occurrence. But keeping key in pocket is the best idea which is possible with wirelss. I have a tedency to misplace keys, or not put it back into my pocket well enough so it does fall out later.

I agree that the 2010 TL is too large. That's another reason to lean towards the TSX for me too.
    I like to walk up to my car, hit the remote to open the trunk, put my stuff in there and then with the same remote open the door, put the key in the ignition, start car, drive away.
    edited June 2010
    Actually, when I referred to the wireless key in the Infiniti G37 some posts ago, I should have clarified that the key does not have to be touched.

The car senses the proximity of the key, so that all you do is press buttons to open the door, trunk, or start the car. The key sits in your pocket or purse untouched. Makes for very convenient & rapid car access.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    So in many instances, it's harder to use the "wireless key" than a traditional fob.

With a wireless key, you have to reach out to the car while your hands are full and push a button? For me, it's easy to carry the fob in my hand or dangle it from my pinkie so when my hands are full, I can open the trunk from several feet away.

Again, I can see how the wireless key might be nice in some instances, but many times, when you're carrying something heavy, it's easier to push a button that's in your hand than reach out to push a button on your car.

I guess it's a personal preference.
  • bimmer4mebimmer4me Posts: 266
    I have a 08 328i. With my wireless key, there is no button to push, I just pull on the door handle and open.
    another thing I like with having the fob-being able to open the car windows on hot days using it.