Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX vs Lexus IS250 vs BMW 325xi vs Honda Accord

13»

Comments

• billpaulbillpaul Posts: 103
    edited June 2010
    On the G37, you can also push a button on the fob if that is your preference.

bimmer4me's BMW with the door that opens without even pushing a button sounds like the easiest.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    When I had a 2010 TL as a loaner car-I only had to put my hand thru the door handle to get it to unlock-no buttons to push. I owned a few Nissan vehicles and had lots of problems with them so I am still leary on owning them.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    edited June 2010
    A true luxury car will not have door handles. The door will automatically open when you approach the car and the seat will rotate 45 degrees and slide 12" outside the car so you don't have to climb in.

And you won't have to carry a wireless fob in your pocket. Sensors near every door will scan your retina.

There will be no buttons inside the car either - every control (HVAC, radio, nav, etc.) will be voice activated. In fact, you will vocally tell the nav system your destination and the car will drive itself there.

Actually, this technology has been around for years. If you want to use transportation that requires no control inputs or manual manipulation, just ride the bus!
  • bimmer4mebimmer4me Posts: 266
    ride a bus, what's that? ;)
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    out of curiosity I was planning to go to a nearby infiniti dealer to check the cars out. I found out the closest dealer is about 150 miles away-it will have to wait.
  • billpaulbillpaul Posts: 103
    Well, speaking of true luxury, I don't think you go far enough.

I expect mechanical arms to reach out, gently put me in my seat, adjust the seat belt, etc. My route will be selected by computer, which will track traffic congestion and unerringly alter course so as to get me to my destination as quickly as possible. While at my destination, the car will stop at a local gas station, where the car will fill the tank & pay for the gas. The car will follow with a complete wash & wax, and the car will be waiting for me when it is time to leave.
13»