Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Owners Maintenance and Repair

1103104105106107109»

Comments

• I had the check engine for a while until I had the spark plugs and wires changed, I tried everything else before I did that with no luck. Hope that helps.
  • So, I've always wanted a Trooper-it's my dream car...really I've always wanted an older 2-tone one, but a '95 w/ 186k is what's available. They are asking $2,200, I know nothing of what to look for, I don't know if this was a good year for Trooper's or if there were a bunch of problems....I see hardly any posts on here about them...any suggestions?
  • I need to pay more attention next time it happens. I don't think the wheels are spinning. The revs are going up, either without movement or with less movement than you would expect given that the revs jump up to 2500-3000 RPM pretty quick. It's almost like the engine is getting ahead of the transmission or something. I thought the fluid level check was with the engine running, but I didn't remember anything about the "trans in Drive" requirement. That's not how I checked it last time; maybe that meant my reading was off?
    You never should check the fluid in drive there is no reason to the only requirement is that the tranny is hot and the engine is running it makes no difference what gear your in how much fluid will register when checking it only different levels when coldor hot and or running or not running this insane what if you ran your buddy over cause he's checking the fluid and you have it in drive n something happens lol