Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Modifications/Aftermarket/Accessories

Comments

• paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I come up with this:

245-70-16:

rev's per mile: 683.5

diameter: 29.5

sidewall: 6.7

265-75-16:

rev's per mile: 637.2

diameter: 31.6

sidewall: 7.8

7.27% too slow on the speedo/odo

-mike

• sdc2sdc2 Member Posts: 780
    I have gone by those radar speed warning signs that tell you how fast you are going, and a reading of 7 percent low on my speedo seems to be right on compared with actual speed as reported by the radar...

And as far as looks, the 265s look just right! I always felt the stock tires look a little small anyway...
  • gpm5gpm5 Member Posts: 785
    I have the P265/70R16 Dunlop AT21 on my sequoia, and they are good tires. Side by side with the trooper they do look bigger than the stock trooper duelers. Also, Bridgestone has a P265/70/R16 Dueler that toyota puts on the sequoia that might be worth considering. Just some other options.
    I think the Dueller 684s are not AT tires, that is probably the reason they don't look so meaty.

-mike
  • raydahsraydahs Member Posts: 449
    I've been pricing different tire sizes lately, specifically LT245/75-16 (6 ply sidewall) and P265/70-16 (4 ply sidewall). These (2) are almost identical in circumference, the width is a little wider on the 265 but that's o.k. My question is: with the LT's, am I going to feel more of the road because of the 6 ply sidewall. The guys at the tire stores are saying, If I don't plan on towing alot, and don't subject the sidewalls to alot of rocks, then I should go with the "P" tire. I'm thinking about taking the sidewall flex out of the equation of everyday driving by going with the LT's. What do ya think?
    I'd go with LTs cause these are trucks, not cars :) I believe the LTs handle heat far better than Ps as well as any extreme conditions such as towing, loading, etc. Had Explorers been fitted with LTs they may have not blown up. The Ps will have less of a load rating, therefore you run the risk of over-loading them by piling stuff up in your truck.

-mike
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Member Posts: 843
    You would need to fill your Trooper with lead to overload p265/16s which aretypically rated for well over #2000 each. The Trooper itself is half that so you could add #4000 evenly distributed inside the Trooper and not overload the tires. That's like 5 guys each weighing in at least #800! One would have to be loaded in the back door to make it evenly distributed. I guess if you load these five guys in and then add a #5500 trailier the tires would be overloaded. Even a Trooper might have some difficulty with that load.
    IMHO, you can never be too safe, not to mention hitting some stuff out there that is un-accounted for that those extra 2 plys would help you out. I know I personally have at least 500+lbs of additional weight on a regular basis. (Tools, hitches, bars, etc. etc.) above the standard weight of the vehicle. Most of the people I've spoken to say that most suvs should be equipped with LTs from the factory, but the Ps give a softer ride so they put the Ps on from the factory.

-mike
  • sdc2sdc2 Member Posts: 780
    It all depends what you are going to do. I was glad I had LTs at Moab, after seeing the way the sidewalls get abused off-road!

I agree with Mike. Why skimp on tires to save a very small amount of money over the long haul?
  • danmardanmar Member Posts: 7
    I Bought sets of Pirelli Scorpions-AT 265/75-16 at sears yesterday for $109.00 each. Pretty quiet and stable in highway for such an aggressive tread. trooper looks better w/ this bigger tires , kinda makes the truck more brawny. It may be my imagination but felt like troopers leaning on sharp turns seems to improve with this tires wider treads. I will install rancho 9000 this weekend, got it off internet at $58.95 each. 'hope it'll help w/ the leaning too. I have 4 lux. '98 mesh rim anybody intersted ?
  • conman2000conman2000 Member Posts: 158
    Contact Paisan at mike@iace.com. He is looking for them for his rig.

Cheers,
    Con
  • keepontroopinkeepontroopin Member Posts: 297
    How much do you want for the rims?
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    Has anyone installed their own aftermarket lights? I purchased IPF 130W lights. I don't know if they wire directly to the high beams or somewhere else? If so, would I overheat the wires/circuitry?
    I have the Hella 4000s. Did the IPFs come with a harness? What you need to do is wire the trigger wire of the harness (or make a harness) for the IPFs, and you take the trigger wire and wire that to your high-beams. That is what I did with my Hellas. Let me know if you need any help on em.

-mike
  • emiuraemiura Member Posts: 59
    I have a question after reading about P & LT tires. Some tires come in both P and LT types; are there any other differences other than # of plys? I’ve searched for some info on this subject without any success. Most of the info I got says P=passenger tires, LT=truck/suv, but they don’t explain in details. I appreciate if someone would point me to a good site on the topic.

For replacement tires for the Trooper, I see many P rated tires that are same as the stock Duellers (P245/70-16), but I don’t see any LT tires in that size. Has anyone found any?
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    They are due in this week. How many watts are the Hella 4000's?
    The Hella 4000s I have are 130w each.

-mike
  • fiveharpersfiveharpers Member Posts: 53
    The last time I researched tires I used http://www.tirerack.com I found the site very helpful.
  • danmardanmar Member Posts: 7
    $40 each
    Send me a pic. Are they 5 spoke or something else. My e-mail address is chapla.t@mellon.com

Also does that price include shipping?
    Hi,
    Just want to verify some info about the rims. Are they the same rims (mesh silver color) as the current 2000-2001 LS rims? I think on the 98-99 years, the centercaps were two different sizes front and rear? I am interested in one or two as I want to replace my steal spare rim with a matching to do a 5 tire rotation. Thanks.

Con
    conman2000@onebox.com
    01 Trooper LS
  • gtroopgtroop Member Posts: 85
    They are not the same rim as the '01 LS rims. A friend of mine bought a 98 Lux the same week as I bought my 01 LS and the design is different. I have four 01 LS rims I am trying to sell to Mike, at least one is for you and another for your neighbor. Check with your dealer to verify that the rims are not the same.
    Sounds good to me. I know you were looking to unload all four at the same time and we only have three buyers so far. Keep me informed if you can get a fourth buyer as I hate my steal rim spare. :(

http://www.isuzu-suvs.com/gallery/conman.html for my pics at Paisan's website.

Thanks,

Con

How do you post the pics here. I tried to follow the help Edmunds have but was not getting the pic to post, just a link.
    < img src= http://yadda yadda yadd >

-mike

< img src= " http://yadda yadda yadd " >

But together include the quotes as well.

Con

Hi all,

Another option for you: Same company that makes my Spare Mounted rack.
    http://www.swagman.net/

You do have to reverse the swing down mount(non swing-down then) but works.

Cheers,

Con

• jglasmannjglasmann Member Posts: 13
    After scouring all the web sites and Bike Rack Speciality stores, looking for a hitch mounted bike rack, I came across a model from Swagman that is called the "Towing Rack". This was sold through Camping World. This rack holds up to three bikes. It looks just like the one in the previous posting picture, however the only difference is the base. The base has about a 4-5 inch long piece of square tubing welded to it and has 3 set screws to tighten the rack over an extended ball mount or 2" square tubing. I bought an 18" length of 2" square tubing which allows the rack to clear the spare tire cover. All together I invested less than a $100.00 in the rack and the tubing. The rack works great!
    see his web site--linked from Paisan's site
  • cwmosercwmoser Member Posts: 227
    Thanks for the mention, gpm5.

Click on the following for a description and pictures how I got a hitch-mounted bike rack to work.

http://www.isuzu.8k.com/BikeRack.htm

• teacherjimteacherjim Member Posts: 52
    I would be interested in one of the 2001 LS rims at $40 if you still have one and it can be shipped. Let me know what shipping would be and if you still have one.
    Thanks,
    Jim
  • mhiggins2000mhiggins2000 Member Posts: 17
    I'm looking to buy a second 12-disc magazine for my 95 Trooper's CD changer. Does anyone know a good source? Does anyone know who makes the CD changer?

Thanks in advance.
  • gtroopgtroop Member Posts: 85
    I still have one rim left for sale. $150 plus shipping. Rim and centercap, no tire. My new rims will be here this week!!!
    Gtroop,
    Post a pic when you get your new rims. Can't wait to see them!

Con
  • joel52joel52 Member Posts: 5
    I need the address of the reasonably priced parts supplier for Troopers. I am looking for the center cap (the deep one) for the 5 spoke wheel and got a quote of $45 from a supplier in California. There has got to be better prices out there.
    Someone else bought one for $75 bucks so 45 is a steal.

Cheers,
    Con
    is the dealer price at all the dealers I've checked.

-mike
  • wildbucwildbuc Member Posts: 88
    Anyone know where I can buy some boulder bars/step for my 99 trooper? Tony
  • justdrivinjustdrivin Member Posts: 17
    Finally received my Lund Interceptor bug shield from J.C. Whitney...it had been on back order. Have to say it is very nice. Great mounting system.. last one I had used rubber bumpers to keep it off the hood. This one mounts very secure and stays out from the hood. Looks great on my 2000 S.
  • pinoy99pinoy99 Member Posts: 79
    Calmini also sells bars... image

see http://www.pureisuzu.com/nurf_bars2.htm for more info
  • mtrionfomtrionfo Member Posts: 20
    Matt - The manufacturer of the 12-disc changer is Fujitsu Ten. It is the same changer I have in my 95. They do not sell directly to the public but provide OEM audio components for Isuzu and other Japanese brands. They also market high-end car audio to consumers under the Eclipse brand, but I'm pretty sure that none of the Eclipse stuff is compatible with your changer.

Your only option may be to order a magazine thru a local dealer, but that's ** IF ** the magazine is available separately from the changer itself.

Also, here's a phone number for Fujitsu Ten in California: (800)233-2216. You might give them a call and ask about ordering parts directly. You could also try the Eclipse website (www.eclipse-web.com) and submit an inquiry there.

Good luck, Marty
    95 Trooper LS
    When did you order yours? I ordered mine from them about 3weeks ago so I hope mine is comming in soon as well.

Thanks,
    Con
  • cwmosercwmoser Member Posts: 227

It works and I can see the pic. But I linked some pics from my free server site and they blocked them after a few days.

Con
    The walmart here does not carry those bike racks. Are they available on the web?
  • justdrivinjustdrivin Member Posts: 17
    I ordered mine 3-4 weeks ago, also. I did receive a letter a week or so after my order stating it would ship the 28th of June. It is nice, although it does vibrate a little from the wind. No slapping the hood or anything like that. Nice install, also.
  • mhiggins2000mhiggins2000 Member Posts: 17
  • mndugganmnduggan Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know where/if a removable hardtop is available for soft-top Amigo's? Any help is appreciated!
  • ryanendresryanendres Member Posts: 122

Fleet Air makes a top for the second Gen Amigo's for 899.00 Shipped

http://www.mjw.com/amigo/hardtop/index.htm

Also, if you want a factory Isuzu Top check http://www.car-part.com

and search for Roof

This discussion has been closed.