Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Modifications/Aftermarket/Accessories

Comments

• sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    At the end in order to really screw it down, I added "C" clamps to the top and bottom, I forgot about those...looking at the last picture in the ones I put up reminded me.
  • That's a mouthful to say. Does anyone know the current status of the ARB buy that was in progress until the thread got " terminated" on 4x4 wire? I'm interested. Thanks.
  • sbcooke-Thanks. The detailed information and photos you provided will be helpful to me as I am leaning toward making my own. I really thought yours was a prefabricated holder because it looks so good painted! I've done some searches online and have found a few holders that might work but I think I will enjoy making my own based in part upon your plans.

Now, I wish I could rationalize getting an ARB bumper since the group buy price is so reasonable (and they are NICE) but I just can't since I have no need for a winch. I guess I'm a light weight off roader at best ;-)
  • sdc2sdc2 Posts: 780
    If you are interested in the bull bar group buy, send a private message to Wareagle on the 4x4Wire. They should have included that direction in the Sticky.

One thing the ARB will do is increase your angle of aproach before hitting the (plastic stock) bumper. And of course it is more resistant to damage even if you do hit, compared to the plastic stock bumper.

I have no plans to get a winch, but plan on getting the bumper anyway.
  • Hi,

I am interested and considering getting the ARB bar. I would like to get the details and possibly get in on the group buy. I tried to email Wareagle at 4X4 forum but his email function has been shut off. Does anyone know who I can contact about this ARB group buy? Thanks in advance:)

-Jim
    Make sure you click on the Private Message icon on one of Wareagles posts, not the email icon. The direct email function is disabled to discourage spammers.

Are you "dctrooper" on the Wire? I am BigSwede - just had this same conversation over there...
  • There is a brown wire that is powered when the stock head unit is on the tuner function only. I just ran a wire from there to the power ant wire on my new head unit. Reception is now as good as the stock unit.
  • jslakiejslakie Posts: 9
    sdc2 that is me on the other board. Thanks for your help:)

sodaktroop-thanks for the information. I think I have it figured out and will see tomorrow. I'll post the results. As you note I think the brown wire with red stripe from the Trooper gets connected to the blue alpine "power antenna" wire. I think that should do the trick. It sounds like you connected this wire to your power wire which also seems to be an option.
  • jslakiejslakie Posts: 9
    Thanks to everyone for the information and advice. I connected the brown wire with red stripe to the blue power antenna wire on the Alpine and now have excellent radio reception:)
  • ilitilit Posts: 71
    My cassette player doesn't work but my cd changer and radio still work fine. I wonder if any body has ever replaced the Isuzu stereo deck (with cd changer control)with another brand such as Sony. How is the cd changer connected to the new deck, is the connection standard. Where can I find schematic diagram for making correct connection?

Thank you!
    Hi all,
    I found a cassette player to replace mine.
    This seller still has many more. Just in case you need it:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3012517501- &category=3288
    I'll be darned...for $7, it might be worth picking one up just 'in case'...thanks for the heads up ilit.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I have to put my headunit and CD player on Ebay soon. I want to get the JVC MP3 Player for it and VDO guages.

-mike
    Buy a receiver with "Auxiliary Input" where you hook up sound output from another device, i.e. DVD player and listen thru your car speakers. It's really neat!
    sdc2:
    how do you like your I35?
    Yup I have a JVC one like that in my SVX http://isuzu-suvs.com/svx (see the guages install) and it works nicely.

-mike
    Not sure what you mean...maybe I'm a little slow today (just coming off a nasty cold/fever)? I'm guessing you are not referring to Interstate 35, which goes through my area...
    Oops! I'm sorry, I mixed you up with ratledge who has an Infinity I35.
    Paisan, what model JVC do you have? I am looking to upgrade my stereo in my Trooper this year (I decided against a snorkel in 2003 for now). How does it perform? Delay between mp3 tracks? Any skipping, does it skip offroad?

BTW when do you get your bullbar?
    Well we get the bars 4-6 weeks so we'll see how that goes... Probablg in 2 months if I'm luckly I'll have it.

I'm checking on which JVC unit I have. It is very smooth and works well, no skipping except on realharsh stuff.

Edit: JVC KDSX-990 http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-9Rt04POIPX1/ProdView.asp?s=0- &c=3&g=62700&I=257KDSX990&o=m&a=1&cc=01

The reason I liked this unit was that it had a lot of black in the face rather than silver so it would blend with the dash better than a lot of the new funky ones out there. Price was also very good, and now even better than when I got mine. I'm gonna likely get this unit for the Trooper as soon as the weather breaks, and throw my stock head unit and 6-disk player up on e-bay.

-mike
    I ordered the JVC kd-sx990 today from etronics. $159.00 + $12.00 shipping. It was 4 dollars more than the cheapest place on the web I could find, but I have dealt with them before and they seem to deliver as promised, so I didn't risk a new vendor.
    Sean, did they include a wiring harness? And do you have a link? My auction ends on the stock stereo today so I want to order the replacement this week.

-mike
    Got it off epinions...There are cheaper ones available on ebay, but shipping is slightly more, so net I went with the people I am comfortable with.

I don't know about the cable, They didn't mention, and crutchfield didn't have one listed for this model? I am hoping it is plug and play, but figure worse case is I have to hit radio shack or bestbuy.

link:
    http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=jvckdsx990&SVBNa- me=279
    It lists a wiring harness as standard equipment.
    Are you gonna put it on the top or the bottom?

I think I'm gonna mount mine on the bottom and the VDO guages on the top. Still debating though.

-mike
    What are the VDO gauges for? Air locker? Maybe that turbo you are putting in?

If you are adding round pressure or related gauges I might try mounting them in the plastic center console near where the buttons are?

Probably the top, I like the space for holding sunglass cases and such.
    Gonna get Oil Pressure, ATF Temp and Volts. Always felt they were lacking in the guages. I'm gonna try to put the stereo on the bottom and the guages on the top.

-mike
    There is an ATF temp idiot light on dash. Does the 4L30E have some place to attach a gauge to, or is the electronics already in the trooper, but you need to tap into it?
This discussion has been closed.