Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tonyl1tonyl1 Posts: 53
    :P $29,059 (31,532 OTD with TTL) for an EXL R/N is more what I would expect very soon in this economic climate. '08 or '09.
  • Hey,

First of all, thanks to all you are sharing vital information for each one's benifit.

This is my first posting as upto now only on ROM :).

I am looking for Honda Odyssey EXL + DVD 2008 and nonetheless, waiting for a right price.

I am in Seattle, WA and today I got a quote from a dealer in my area (this guy is in touch for sometime with me and sharing the rates, though not useful) for $31,222 OTD (including all charges). He said, the van all season mats, wheel locks etc.

Is this a better deal to go with?
  • Alig26Alig26 Posts: 7
    Hi All,
    Need your opinions, I found a 2008 Odyssey Touring at a dealer in Cincinnati, which has a MSRP 40,645, and invoice of 36,000. When I called the dealer up, he gave me a sale price of 34,000 and he said that's including the 3,500 dealer incentive. Plus it's a demo model with 4,500 miles on it. Is it me or does that sale price seem too high. :confuse: And he didn't seem to be budging on the price either.

Thanks,
    ALIG
  • That's about $2,000 too high if there's no Navi and it's a 2008.
  • $34000 out the door or 34000 before TTL? I'd ask for a 2 year honda warranty extension in there because of the demo status. Also, does this Touring have PAX? If it does, walk away as quickly as possible. It's a very expensive option to maintain, and you cannot go non-PAX.
  • That's the game. Wait too long and the 08's will be gone. Wait for 09 incentives and you may be disappointed. We got about $7000 off invoice and 3.9% financing and that was plenty of incentive for us. We're completely happy with the purchase.
  • Alig26Alig26 Posts: 7
    Well he said Sale price of 34000 so I'm assuming that's before TTL. And it's non-PAX, no way am I getting PAX. How do they take the dealer to cash incentive into play? Is it MSRP-Incentive? or Invoice-Incentive?
  • deshsdeshs Posts: 10
    I bought it
    Georgia 2008 EX-L out the door price 27850.00. I also spend 895 for Extended 7 year 100000 miles warranty. Do think its good deal? I am not sure about the extended warranty but I got it under employee program for half the price
  • mogpodmogpod Posts: 7
    Dear Car_man and kyfdx or anybody.
    I'm reposting my question to you since I haven't gotten any good response.
    I'm in the process of negotiating a purchase price for 09 Odyssey LX (standard) with a NY dealer. I was quoted $25,795 + tax + dtitle. Basically this offfer discounts the MSRP price ($30000) to about $4200 or %14.
    Is this a fair deal?
    If not what is?

Thanks to all.
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Posts: 70
    Dear Car_man and kyfdx or anybody.
    I'm reposting my question to you since I haven't gotten any good response.
    I'm in the process of negotiating a purchase price for 09 Odyssey LX (standard) with a NY dealer. I was quoted $25,795 + tax + dtitle. Basically this offfer discounts the MSRP price ($30000) to about $4200 or %14.
    Is this a fair deal?
    If not what is?

Where are you getting the $30,000 MSRP for the LX? I think it should be $26,925.
  • mogpodmogpod Posts: 7
    Sorry, I meant EX.
    Agreed. I almost bought a 2008 touring at 32,600 incl. freight, but didn't like the colors left and decided I could wait. BTW you list 7,000 off invoice, do you mean 7,000 off MSRP?
  • deshsdeshs Posts: 10
    Georgia 2008 EX-L out the door price 27850.00. I also spend 895 for Extended 7 year 100000 miles warranty. Do think its good deal? I am not sure about the extended warranty but I got it under employee program for half the price ..Is it fair deal? Anyone
  • I live in Bay area and am planning to buy a 2009 EX-L without DVD/GPS.
    The lowest quotation I have received so far is 28.9 K including destination charge.
    Is this a fair price ? Has anyone received quotes lower than this ?
    Any inputs? Thanks.
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Posts: 70
    It looks reasonable to me. Invoice + destination ($27,362) minus the $1250 cash to dealer is $26112. So, at $25,795, your dipping below invoice a little bit, which is always a good thing.
  • I have found a demo oddyssey that has 5000 miles on it. I'm hesistant to make an offer because in my mind this is a used car that the dealer is passing off as new. They said they'll give 10 cents/mile credit, but that doesn't make it enticing at all. I'd appreciate anyone's feedback on what they know about dealing with a demo car and why you would buy it or stay away.

Thanks,
    Howdy400
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Would you take $500.- and let different people drove it for 5,000 miles and feeling comfotable?

Plus they charge you $0.15 (for car MSRP -$30,000) $0.20 per miles (for car MSRP +$30,000) in excess if you lease the car, now they only pay you $0.10 per mile. I don't think it's fair. Demo still is considered to be new car since it's not been registered before.
    Any Ideas (or leaked info) on Feb or March Cash incentives and Financing deals. I'm surprised Honda can keep this as quiet as they seem to be able too. Same with the new Model info. There must be alot of people who already know. :shades:
  • krh294krh294 Posts: 11
    Just received a quote for an EX-L w/ RES no Navi for $30,095 +TTL. This seems like a pretty good deal if you take these figures invoice (32,060) - $1250 dealer rebate - $715 dealer holdback = 30,095. Not sure I can get much lower than this unless Honda increases incentives. Any thoughts on this price - seem good to you?

Thanks for any input.
  • It sounds to me that you shook all of the money from the tree. For reference here in the Twin Cities we're offering the same van for $30210.00

Pull the trigger :)