Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• beachmumbeachmum Posts: 1
    I am also in LA and am looking for the same thing. This is the best price I have seen in our area. Can you post the dealership info? I am looking to purchase this weekend also. Thanks
  • CTRollCTRoll Posts: 8
    How are people getting prices that seem lower than $invoice - $incentives -$holdback? How can the dealer sell at these prices?
  • I have been lurking for months on this site and find it incredibly valuable, so I thought I would contribute with a data point.

I pulled the trigger on an 09 Sterling Silver EX-L RES/NAV today. I had been shopping around and received several online quotes in my area of $30,400 -30,600. Then I spoke to my German car dealer and he called up one of his Honda sister companies. They offered me $29,200+TTL and I jumped on it.

It seemed like a decent deal...or at least until they come out with a better incentive program next week!

I believe this deal was only possible because of the long standing relationship I had with the German car dealer. I hope this data point helps others.
  • jmlwjmlw Posts: 2
    Great deal and pleasant internet buying experience:

29,200 OTD

was also offered EX-L with RES for 30,500 but I declined.

For color I went with Nighthawk Black Pearl and it looks pretty slick. :shades:

This forum was great. Thank you!

Herson's Honda :)
    Rockville, MD
  • mentatmentat Posts: 4
    Is this a good deal?

$24,225 for new 09 EX (includes dest. fee) in Los Angeles. TTL extra. No extra options.
  • All,
    Does anyone have any information on what the April incentives are going to be? Will the current $2500 Cash to Dealer incentive go up down or stay the same?
    Thx
  • Hi txminivanmom:
    I am trying to wrap up the purchase on 09 Odyssey as well. You seem to have gotten a very fair deal. I am not having luck over here in Tampa, Florida, the best I can get on an 09 EX, with no options is 24900 plus 599 dealer fee and TTL. In comparison you seem to have gotten a much better deal. I was trying to keep costs down and min. down payment. Maybe this is the problem.
    Any info would be great.
    tradermom
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Posts: 53
    I'm also looking for an EXL RES/NAV and that sounds like a great price. Does that inlcude Destination charges?

What area and dealer is that from? I'm outside Chicago and not seeing prices that are that good. Enjoy the Van!
  • They really can't, and per Honda are not supposed to. Dealerships actually get in trouble from Honda for selling behind invoice. Honda also does not allow dealerships to advertise prices below invoice in commercials/paper ads/etc.

If you have a Honda deal into holdback you have a phenomenal deal.

I am in Honda sales and my employee price is $200 over invoice minus any incentive money.

It kills me when we're at invoice or below and people are still harping to get more and more off the car.

Sometimes I just want to say, "You're getting a great deal, take it! Quit treating me us like we're trying to rob you!"
  • Thanks Hondaintl, very helpful to hear the other point of view.
    I am being quoted 24,500 for an EX plus the dealer fee. The dealership is telling me that this is less than their invoice. Is the 2500 dealer cash back already subtracted from this amount or do I than subtract??Since I am leasing the Ex is rather expensive (but better than the Sienna LE).
    Thanks,
    tradermom
  • aan1234aan1234 Posts: 31
    >Sometimes I just want to say, "You're getting a great deal, take it! Quit treating me us like we're trying to rob you!"

Ok. A dealer has 6 2008 Odysseys and did not sell any of them in last 2-3 months.
    When they offer me invoice-$3500 incentive for EX it is more expensive than comparable 2009 Sienna LE. It is not much cheaper than 2009 Odyssey, but it was sitting on the lot under Arizona sun for a year or more (judging by delivery charge of $635 instead of $670 for later 2008 Odysseys) and it already has 50+ miles on it. Why would anybody even think about it?
    I understand your perspective and I'm sure most are honest. However, I've had quotes from dealers who say they are making $150 on this sale, but then I see their quote is $1,500 higher than others have been able to obtain in this forum.
  • Castle Honda and Mueller were both at $30,400+ttl. Destination is included in that price.
    Wow, So you are in the Chicago area. Can you please share the dealer and sales person what you were able to get $29,200 incl. dest.

Thanks!
  • aan1234:
    What price were you quoted for the EX vs Sienna LE? I have gotten a price from Coggin of Honda in St.Augustine Florida for 24,500 for the EX and they are telling me this is the lowest they can go, The lease price they quoted me is $400.00 per month with 6% sales tax and zero down. The problem is when I use a lease vs purchase website to calculate the payments using the dealer stated.0025 money factor and 52% residual the numbers are off by a lot. What am I doing wrong, can anyone tell me what the payments should be with zero down for the EX??
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,876
    "Dealerships actually get in trouble from Honda for selling behind invoice. "

Is that the line your boss tells you to use? Because that isn't accurate. Honda can't control the price negotiation between a dealer and customer. That would violate any number of federal and state statutes.

If that helps you sell cars, have at it... but, you'll probably get called on it someday, and might lose more sales than you know, from customers that know better.

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• aan1234aan1234 Posts: 31
    I've got a quote of $23626 for 2008 Odyssey EX and $24200 for 2009 Sienna LE8 EVP2. One of dealers here is offering 2009 Sienna LE7 EVP2 for 22988.

The first Sienna quote I've got during a test drive and did not even discuss it further, so it is more of a starting point than a real quote.
  • fmichaelfmichael Posts: 95
    As the title suggests - does anyone else think Honda may offer lower financing options if Toyota were to lower theirs in order to move the remaining 2009 Sienna from dealers lots to make room for the all-new 2010 Sienna this summer?
  • fmichaelfmichael Posts: 95
    In the same boat you're in; would rather wait until September when Honda starts their year-end clearance drive (better finance rates), but the economy may turn around just enough, and/or others may see the current deals as well, and sales could go up leaving little to no 2009 Odysseys in dealers lots...Right now I'm watching a few dealers inventories via their websites (how accurate they are :confuse: ) to keep track of their numbers.