Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Can you pl. fwd me the email quote or some kind of written info on this deal so that I can try my best . I am getting the quote for 31000 in Wa state (the tax here is 9.8%) to krushi at gmail dot com

Thanks in advance
  • pray4allpray4all Posts: 11
    online purchase is just fine as long as Honda has not disallowed it.

The contract is in effect after your purchase. and once in effect, no one knows if it's purchased from internet. (at the end, it's through some honda dealer, just as your local dealer purchase)

He should be fine to cancel his extended warranty (way 2 expensive) and then buy online..Don't think there should be extra charge...
  • Hey, I'm living in a suburb about 45 minutes away from Pittsburgh PA, and I'm hoping to get a new Odyssey EX, or a new Odyssey EX-L or EX-L with RES since so many people are getting such great deals. Can You tell me which dealer you got this quote from? I'm hoping to get out and check out some new vans this weekend! I don't mean to steal your car though
  • gopalangopalan Posts: 6
    congrats. It is worth buying extended warrenty with that price.
    I would ask whether it is transferable to other owners if yes then need to ask there are any fee.

Extended warrenty is bumber to bumber or for transmission and engine stuffs.
  • lyaolyao Posts: 71
    Hi pray4all,

Just out of curiosity (no defends at all).
    How are you so sure for that?
    Are you an insider (one of Honda employees)?
    How do you know whether the dealerships or American Honda won't know if you're purchased from internet?
    :confuse:
    Hi rim936,

Check the eshop at dealers' website, then compared to honda.com accessories MSRP. Then quoted more dealers and told them you're going to buy a new Odyssey on..... with options you wanted. Tell them to give you the best offer (OTD with breakdown prices, including options you wanted). Printed out in B&W would be the best tools for you to deal with your dealership. So, be prepared to do so.

Also, you can go online to buy it(ex. ebay, amazon.com, or other websites). It's cheaper to do so if you're not in a hurry.
  • Did your OTD price include RES, NAV or any extras?
  • mynuacctmynuacct Posts: 21
    Hi lyao,
    I read about the case that is going on between American Honda and Saccucci. It looks like that last year Honda announced a set of guidelines for Dealers which prohibits the sale of Honda Care on internet. Saccucci Honda (the dealership) sued them, since they have a major business of selling these warranties from the internet . http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090129/ANA05/901299967&noca- che=1 has the last legal info on this matter. The article states that -

Honda said it still will allow dealers to sell the contracts online.

"We're not taking any action until the suit is resolved," said Honda spokesman Chris Martin. "We don't want to confuse the dealers."

which is consistent with the fact that all the waranty selling sites are still active. The sites that are selling them are Honda dealers, once Honda decides to enforce the rule after winning the case. These dealers will have to shut down these sites or risk loosing their Honda franchise contracts.

So, I don't see how Honda can not treat the current purchasers of Honda Care from these dealerships on par with others.

Moreover, if you are paranoid about not buying online you can still phone the dealers up and buy it over the phone. Since, there is no rule (made by american honda) which states that you have to buy the warranty from the same dealer from whom you bought the car. If they make any changes in the future in this regard, they can not enforce it retroactively to older warranties.
    Hi mynuacct,

Thanks for the info. Personally, I felt like $260 had flown away! :cry:
    My hub and I spoke last night whether or not should we backup the contract with local dealership for that extended warranty (for saving of $260). The decision: we decide to keep the contract ($260 is not a big deal to us) with the local dealership though!

Btw, the Navi is great! We love it! Especially the voice command (can be very complicated, we still haven't have time to look at the menu), amazingly the navi could still catch what we're saying (since we're Asian, got strong accent)!
    The backup camera is a plus!

Thanks!
  • thetruth1thetruth1 Posts: 4
    Here are the details that matter on my deal.
    First, since some dealers talk about "dealer fees" or "service fees" or whatever they want to call it, I just told them that this is my offer and it had to include whatever fees they like to add. So they could write up and structure any way they wanted to, but my offer was the botom line (sans taxes/title/tag).

Second, in Florida there is a couple of very minor state fees that amounts to about $20.

Third, beyond the basic vehicle price, and these $20 worth of state garbage fees, we pay 6% sales tax and title/tag which varies according to the overall price of the vehicle and whether or not one is getting a new tag or transferring the tag from a vehicle that is being replaced by the new one.

With that in mind, the offer they accepted for my EX-L was $27,940. The car was NOT in stock, they had to do a dealer trade to get the color my wife wanted.
  • hondavan2hondavan2 Posts: 5
    Anybody knows whether the end of the month will be better for negotiating the price? I got the EXL price down some but wonder whether I should wait till the end of the month...Thanks!!
    As far as I know, it's a pretty decent price for now. Also, it's in limited stocks now since Honda is no longer making 2009 models (waiting for 2010 models to come out in fall 2009). Since you're not buying the one with Navi/DVD, you could possibly wait. Chances are: the price may not go down b/c highly demands (EXL are the best and the most popular models for 2009). Maybe you could get some best deals in GA (depends on the economy).

In Northern VA, it's difficult to get the price down. The housing market here is great! I even heard people is willing to bid up the price for a house here (Townhouses sold out here in Ashburn or South Riding, Loudoun County of VA).
    Good Luck! ;)
  • pray4allpray4all Posts: 11
    Exactly, internet sales is just to use internet as marketing method. even if Honda ban internet marketing, you still can call those dealer to negotiate the price and buy from them.

those contract is valid same way as your local dealer contract.
    Hi mynuacct,

Guess what? We're changing our minds now for the $0 deductible/8 years/120K miles extended warranty. $260 is a huge amount of $$$ ($1495 - $1235 = $260). So, we just spoke with our local dealership and Saccucci Honda (as long as you're not the residents of CA or FL). There's no extra charges or penalties or so. So, we'll save that $$$ for other options like all weather floor mats, or so. The dealership said the monthly payment would still be the same though (no deduct since they already mailed out the forms to American Honda). The only differences would be the loan amount that we financed. So, that's mean ---> if paid by 36 months, then you could possibly pay less on your last 36th monthly payment.

Sounds great! :D
    Thanks a lot!
  • artgpoartgpo Posts: 483
    The Honda Care warranty is entered into the Honda computer system whether or not you buy it at the time of purchase or online or over the phone from another Honda dealer. I verified this when I went to a local dealer, not the online dealer where I purchased my Honda Care, for service and asked him to check to see if my Honda Care was in effect, it was.

You can buy almost any extended warranty up until the factory warranty expires and some even after. Be careful of third party warranties as they might ONLY be honored at the selling dealer. There are also financial concerns as these private companies have been known to go belly up and leave the policy holders with an expensive but worthless piece of paper the dealer is under no obligation to honor. Buying a manufacturer's extended warranty is the safest bet because Honda is not about to got out of business. Even with GM and Chrysler the government will back the warranty but not so with Joe Blow Warranty Company.

The dealer's price and the online dealer's prices can have a huge difference for the exact same product.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    You have to get the Honda Care Extended Warranty within the first 6,000 miles.
  • erntrisherntrish Posts: 4
    Just signed contract with Freehold Honda in NJ for '09 EX-L with RES and NAV. Was quoted 29,825 (before dest, TTL, fees) by internet dept.

Had 6PM appt, but was kept waiting until 6:20 before I met a salesperson. Once I did, though, process was acceptable. Took a decent test drive (both my wife and I) and was pleased with both the vehicle and the salesperson- who literally dropped his jaw when he heard the price the internet dept quoted. When it came to deal time, they honored the price, and only dinged me a bit on my trade. No high-pressure tactics at all...just a professional, easy-going but well-informed presentation of the vehicle and its features. My only real complaint was the 3hrs they kept us there unnecessarily- which was likely not entirely on purpose (used car appraiser was running around crazy from car to car, etc.).

Details:
    '09 ODY EX-L, RES, NAV (Slate Green- which does not look at all like green, btw)
    Price (Incl dest) 30,475
    Doc Fee: 195
    Tax, Title: 2,458
    TOTAL OTD 33,128

Qualified for honda's 3.9%/60 mos financing. With my net from trade at 3,588, my monthly pmt will be 543.56.

FYI, excluding mine, there are only 2 RES/NAV equipped EX-Ls remaining in stock...1 in Gray and 1 in silver.
  • tradepartradepar Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I am planning to buy an EXL with RES. I like to have blutooth capability so I can use my blutooth enabled phone to make calls. Do I have to get NAV to get bluetooth?

Is ther an option to get blutooth capability without NAV?

Thanks
  • fillykonkfillykonk Posts: 17
    You must have the NAV unit to get bluetooth as bluetooth operates through the NAV system. I know of no option otherwise although someone else may be.
  • cshondacshonda Posts: 12
    you either work for Rick Case and are BSing or it was a full moon that night. I've been to rick case 4 times in person over the past 8 years and they were always much higher than everyone else on the car I was getting quotes for, but they promised some special waranty. They could never beat my quotes from other dealers.