Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mkn4mkn4 Posts: 2
    I am in MD. Can you please let me know the dealer/sales reps information who gave you $23,365 including destination. for EX..? I will buy in heartbeat.

I am having hard time matching the prev. MD poster of 23,561......

Please post or send info at sar_somu at yahoo dot com
  • djocks123djocks123 Posts: 4
    Thanks for the input. The nav does nothing for me but I definitely hear you on the stereo. what type of mileage have you experienced. Unfortunately I have a little commute and my wife is in a SUV with terrible MPG's
  • kcatkcat Posts: 3
    I was quoted $24,392 + TTL for a 2009 Honda Ody EX in the Houston area. The price includes a "free" lifetime powertrain warranty, but I don't know how much value to place on that.
  • jeremyazjeremyaz Posts: 15
    Even as I write this, my Odyssey EXL is undergoing a good "pimping" at my local Auto A/V Installers shop. I went with the EXL because of the following:

1. Price. EXL deal I got was about $26,300. Touring would always be $6,000 more.
    2. I'm having a Kenwood DNX8120 installed up front which includes DVD player, Garmin NAV, Bluetooth, Ipod audio/video and more. $950 + Install ($200)
    3. Alpine 10.2 drop down tv installed in middle, controlled by the Kenwood or itself (I can choose). $550 + install ($200)
    4. Parking sensors for both FRONT AND REAR. $350 installed.

So for about $2250 I have everything in there that really want/need. Yeah, i don't have auto seat memory (wife drives it 99% of the time so I can manually move forward and back), auto headlights, mechanical gas/break foot pedal adjustment, 17" tires (I like those but not for $4000).

Besides, Garmin NAV updates are less expensive and I like having bluetooth to the front speakers while the rear speakers continue playing the kid's DVD's. I also installed Sirius radio instead of XM and my sound quality will be equal for both satellite and for radio--no turning up/down the dial when changing sources.

Just my .02 cents, but I can definitely understand just getting the touring and being done with it. I had some time and with a little effort am happy with my result.
  • 2002champs2002champs Posts: 11
    You definitely saved lots of money by doing it your way, and obviously the manufacturers count on most of us being too lazy to do what you did. But like I said, what I went through on the pros/cons may be different than what others would consider.

I had seat memory on my Lexus for 15 years, then sold it and bought a Highlander that did not have it and I had no idea what a pain in the rear it is when 2 drivers 9" in height drive the same car on and off. So for me, that is a huge plus in the Touring.

And it depends on how aggressively the Honda dealer prices it to make it worthwhile. Some dealers in SoCal have few if any Touring left but are loaded with the lower cost models. I found a couple of dealers in lower income areas that had few low cost models but 10+ Touring, so they really wanted to move those this weekend. It definitely pays to do the online research of existing inventory.
  • freffref Posts: 4
    Jeremy,

I've seen your posts in this topic and see that you are in AZ - I wish I had seen them sooner as the deal you got in CA seems to be pretty good (although we purchased an EX).

Somewhat off-topic, can you share where you are having the dvd/monitor/parking sensors installed? If I recall from previous posts, you are in the Phoenix area. These are all items I am interested in adding to our EX and am looking to do it for as reasonable a price as possible. Perhaps this is information best shared off-forum; if so, let me know and I will get in touch with you via other methods.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • gl14534gl14534 Posts: 7
    Hi, I am in the market for an Odyssey EX-L or Odyssey EX-L/RES within driving distance of upstate NY (NY, Ohio, NJ, DC, MD, PA). If you have recently bought one at a good price in these areas, do you mind e-mailing me the dealer and salesperson information? Thanks!
    (peaceinjune@yahoo.com)
  • lyaolyao Posts: 71
    Hi Jeremyaz,

Do you mind to tell me where did you installed the parking sensors for both Front and rear for $350. Is that the color match backup sensors from Honda? I wish to get one with that!

Wow! I did not even realize the tech is great now for having the Kenwood DNX8120 for that cheap though.

Thanks!
  • dt2dt2 Posts: 1
    Jeremyaz,

I'm looking to purchase a very similar Odyssey either in AZ or SoCal (and possibly do some custom audio/video as well in AZ). I would appreciate hearing what dealer you worked with and recommendations regarding after-market equipment. I'm new to the forum and hoping to make a purchase within the next 2-3 days.

Thanks in advance.
  • azelizabethazelizabeth Posts: 11
    Does anyone know the redesign date of the odyssey? I have heard both 2010 and 2011?

Elizabeth
    They did a fantastic job installing my audio/video and parking sensors. Creative Audio Werks in Phoenix. Email me at jerfrance at yahoo dot com and I will get you all of the information needed. I think I posted the prices for installation already. I can fill you (or anyone else) in with more details if you want...just send me an email and I'll elaborate.
    Jeremy
    Lyao,
    Please email me to jerfrance at yahoo dot com and I will send you all the information that I have. Another forum member just closed on their Odyssey EXL no RES no NAV purchase today for $26,350! Beats AZ by almost $2k and then their doc fee is $350 less than AZ to boot!!!! Plus I can tell you what I know about audio/video which is good enough to get started--but I'm no expert.

BTW--someone else asked about the backup sensors. They are black so they matched my vehicle nicely as my minivan is Nighthawk Black. It will take a week or two before I can give my opinion of the sensors, but after driving it home they seem to look and work well. They were not Honda parts, some other brand--and has both sound and a neat little video display detailing the distance from objects (I think 2 or 3 feet and less).
  • dbtdbt Posts: 298
    Current expectation is for the 2011 model year (appearing sometime in calendar year 2010). However, this is subject to slip, as we have seen the Toyota Sienna slip one extra year (now MY2011 for Sienna).
  • ashu010ashu010 Posts: 3
    Can you provide the dealer name that gave you a quote of $23670? I am in south Jersey area and was about to pull the trigger on $24200 base price. Please post the dealer name or send an email to me at ashu010@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • rpr851rrpr851r Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I am looking to buy an EX-L. I am located directly between Philadelphia and Baltimore, MD and willing to drive that far to get a good deal. Anyone know of dealers in the Philly/Baltimore/Delaware areas matching prices ($25K to $26K) that have been reported in the forum?
    Thanks,
  • woz2000woz2000 Posts: 2
    Also looking to buy an EX-L. I live in the lower Westchester area and willing to drive about 1.5 hours each way to get a great deal. If anyone has any referrals for dealer, please PM or post. Thanks.
  • pp_ng2pp_ng2 Posts: 4
    $29,580 quote
    adding dest 670, doc fee 100, sales tax 1821, 2yr tag 289... .. final take home price is $32,565.

Any comments on how good this is?

Any suggestions on how I can negotiate to improve this deal? i.e. what I can possibly ask for.

Thank you.
  • erntrisherntrish Posts: 4
    Had a very pleasant experience buying from Freehold Honda on Rt 9 in NJ. Got a great quote from internet dept that required no haggling once we came in. Purchase/F&I process was smooth and not aggressive in the least.

Our price for EX-L with RES and NAV was 29,825 before 670 dest charge and TTL.

Freehold is about 35-40 mins away from Staten Island, and is right off the Garden State Pkwy, so relatively easy access from lower WC.
  • erntrisherntrish Posts: 4
    Tax and tags are linked to your geography, so you can't really negotiate those. Doc fee is quite low already. And your beginning quote is $245 less than mine was 2 weeks ago. Looks good to me...

Perhaps you can ask them to throw in scheduled maintenance? Mine was preloaded with wheel locks that weren't ever mentioned as a cost, but only shown to me at delivery, so I imagine they were thrown in.
  • ddnjddnj Posts: 1
    I got deal of $23,900 in North/Central NJ, they did not have my color on Monday, going to pick up on Friday. I believe you could get even 200 less then this. deal is including destination and doc fee is $199.