Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ssanjussanju Posts: 24
    Hello Guys,

Today I just got my Honda 2009 EX-L with DVD for 28K. ( 99 for service and 5% sales tax + 94 for plate transfer). Dealer did not come down not even for single penny - in fact he let me go out. Then my wife wanted to drive car today home. We are happy with car - ofcourse really nice...

Thank you all/edmunds forums for support - hope this information may be useful...

PS : I am in WI and no trade ins..
  • chereyachereya Posts: 11
    Which dealer did you end up buying from?
  • Sounds like really good price. Is $28K including service and tax or not?

Thanks
  • tangjctangjc Posts: 7
    Guys,

I also get my car at this price. well sort of.:)

In my case, I have a trade-in. I was quoted for $280,000 for the car EX-L+DVD, and later I said I want to try trade-in, they quoted me a price. I did not agree because that is the first dealer I tried.

I went back home and called a couple dealers, essentially no one could beat that price. I went to another Honda dealer, they could not match the sale price of the car, but they managed to give me a higher trade-in. Overall it is almost the same price but I am more familiar and thus comfortable with this dealer.

The one quoted me $280,000 is Continental Honda in CountrySide, I think it is really nice price, the sales person is Chris a big guy, he is nice in my opinion, not very pushy. I felt a little sorry I did not end up buying from him.

It is really a great car.
  • tangjctangjc Posts: 7
    A bit clarification, that is the price before tax, title fee and document fee.
    Since I did not end up buying from them, I don't know if they have any hidden fees.:)
  • ssanjussanju Posts: 24
    Yes 28K is before tax - On road it came to me around 29.5K.
  • av8terav8ter Posts: 1
    What is the dealer name and the salesman or woman that you bought from. Thanks!
  • technoztechnoz Posts: 34
    Anybody know when the 2010 is coming out? I am wondering if we will see such a deep discount with the new model year??
  • graceo1graceo1 Posts: 9
    St Louis Honda, salesperson was Josh. Very nice, don't let his age fool you he knows what he is doing.
  • great deal, did they have the color you wanted? in general did they have a good selection?

thanks for your reply
  • mplsownermplsowner Posts: 3
    I've read tons of these posts & some of you seem to really know a lot about this process and price deals. We don't really need to buy immediately, so we could defer this a few months or even until later fall. We've done a lot of price checking and comparison shopping in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul). I've found a dealer who will get us any color EX-L (no RES or NAV) we want for a quoted price of $27,995, and he said he could probably sweeten the deal a bit when we talk again tomorrow. This is the best price we've found so far in our area other than one that is about $500 less because it is old inventory. Unfortunately, that one is not a color we want because it has the ivory interior that I am shying away from due to worries about dirt with that color. We had been planning on paying cash but are now tempted to use the 2.9% financing deal.

Bottom line: what does it seem as though the overall price trends are? Should we buy now or wait a couple months in the hope that prices may drop another $1000 to $1500 or so after the 2010s are in stock? We are somewhat flexible in color choice. Also, it is now only 10 days until the end of the month. Could we push for a little better price more towards the end of the month? Thanks for your thoughts.
  • lyaolyao Posts: 71
    Hi poohsavybear,

First, Congrats to you!
    Next, just wanna tell you that I don't think you got a great deal for being a VA resident.
    I'd this OTD price (included TTL, destination, wheel locks, etc) since May 1, 2009:

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L $28,580.94
    2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L DVD $30,012.45
    2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L Navi & DVD $31,980.77 (I ended up bought $100 less) 2009 Honda Odyssey Touring W/O PAX $35,156.93

I even got an email sometime in end of May for $300 less.
    Besides, I got a dealer that even offer me:
    free lifetime oil changes.

For Landmark Honda, I swear I'll never visit them again in my life due to bad experiences (even reported to American Honda).

Thanks!
  • mrthnmanmrthnman Posts: 20
    which dealer are those prices from ?
  • pb95pb95 Posts: 2
    any NC prices? First quote is 29,650+TTL
  • isles22isles22 Posts: 5
    pb95,
    Price seems a little high, I think you could do better. Depending where you are in NC- I received approx 9 internet quotes back in April ranging from $29,900 to $33,500 out-the-door! I'm in the Raleigh area and despite a ton of Honda dealers in my area, I purchased from Sanford Honda (approx 1 hour away). See details at message #22155 and 22219. Good luck.
    Those prices were actually from Herson's Honda at Rockville, MD for VA residents.
    But I ended up bought my minivan at Ourisman Honda at Bethesda, MD.
  • Reporting the purchase of an Odyssey EX at $22500+TTL and OTD price of 239XX in Boston MA.
  • We bought a 2009 EXL Odyssey with RES & NAVI (with dealer installed pinstripes and splash guards) on Saturday at St Louis Honda for $30,061. We paid $1230 for the 7yr/100K extended warranty, which I have since discovered isn't the best deal in the world (I used Curry's price in our negotiation) but I'm happy with it. We dealt with the Internet guys at STL Honda. Very good transaction, from a person to person perspective. I am a woman and was a bit nervous to buy my first new car.

I think we got a very very good price. Any thoughts?
    Hi Goldengate99,

I need you to clarify the $30,061. Is it the OTD prices included TTL & fees?
    The Extended Warranty is supposed to be $1235 for $0 deductible/120K miles/8 yrs on the web. You can still backup your extended warranty program from your dealership.

Sorry, I don't know much about your area. I'm in Northern VA (Fairfax County).
    The auto tax here is only 3% for VA residents.

Thanks!
  • That's a really good price. Please share the dealer name that you bought from. Thanks.