Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stevekalstevekal Posts: 13
    i recently hired authority auto (i found them through an article about them on the edmunds site) to help me with my 09 odyssey purchase. I was ready to by in June but a personal issue delayed my purchase (in june they were to save me $600 from the dealer's internet price, and approx $500 on my trade)... but I'll be using them to buy an Odyssey later this month, assuming Honda re-introduces the incentives later this month. IMO, I'd be shocked if the incentives didn't come back in full force, as my local dealer's inventory hasn't dropped much, and the '10's are coming soon ... plus doesn't the "honda clearance" event happen usually in august?

My experience with Authority Auto has been great ... they handle the whole negotiations and its so empowering. I figure the car dealers are all professional negotiators; its time they met their match with a pro on the buyer's side. : )
  • bamboo222bamboo222 Posts: 20
    What should I do? Does any one have any advice? I live in Southern California and can travel to any dealership that's within driving distance.

Thanks!
  • Please post your experience with authority auto. There are buyers (including me) who missed out the June incentives/rebates offer and waiting to see similar rebates in coming months.
  • bamboo222bamboo222 Posts: 20
    I need to buy a mini-van by end of this month. does anyone have recommendation for San Diego or Orange County or Riverside Area?

TIA
  • We purchased an Accord from Spreen Honda a few years ago. We were happy with our purchase, but we go in with numbers ahead of time. These dealerships are all in the business of making money and you want to be as informed as possible.
  • That sounds like a great price! Where are you? Did you have a trade? If so, did you feel like you got a good deal for it? I'm hoping to get the kind of deal you got on a 2009 EX-L, but I also want to get good $ on my low mileade 2004 Odyssey...
  • Honda is willing to sit on inventory this month and make a higher margin on lower volume. They are hoping people who missed June will panic and just pay more. Of course no one on this site will do that.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    When you post a message you should see this ...

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.
  • maestrox2maestrox2 Posts: 9
    avoid spreen honda.

good for you but I had opposite experience. First of all, they gave quote without destination fee. They tack on later. Almost all dealership will give quote with destination fee. Shady business practice.

I went there to test drive Odyssey EX-L. Young dude just as fast as he could to show the van without allowing me to test drive. Reason, he has no EX-L for test drive and doesn't want to add mileage to brand new EX-L. WTF kind of excuse is that. His manager told him to do quick transaction.

Try Diamond Valley Honda at Hemet. Their internet guys have been with the company forever and so far, they give better price.
  • What about the fact that the 2010 Odysseys should be out soon? Do you think the dealers will be offering any discounts? What about incentives next month?
  • stevekalstevekal Posts: 13
    will do .. i'll be buying in approx 2 weeks, assuming the incentives come back by that time. Otherwise I'll either wait until August/Sept or get a sienna.
  • nobonobo Posts: 305
    I really can't see Honda sitting by the side of the road while other auto manufacturers have model end closeouts in July and August. Every '09 sitting on a dealer's lot is taking space a 2010 could be available .I think they will have another incentive soon to stay competitive. Just my thinking. I could be wrong.
  • jpfnjpfn Posts: 6
    I shopped in cook county IL mostly. I got the price at Community Honda in Orland Pak. I got the price of 26914 from River Oaks Honda in Lansing, IL, then I called Community and asked if tey could beat it (I bought my accord there prior) and they did but only by 100. We did trade in a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 103,775 miles. I got the price for the Odessy before I let them know about my trade in. They at first offered me only 2k for it, but I got it up to 3400. I researched the trade in value of my care and took the print outs with me from edmunds and kelly blue book. They said I would get between 3-4k for it. I got my odessy when they had 3500 in insentives. The price includes the destination fee of 670. I had to pay tax and financing on top of that. Got the 3.9 financing. Also had to pay 151 doc fee, I think you can negotiate it lower to almost 50 with finance guy. I hope this helps. My EXL did not have RES/NAV b/c I didn't want it. They had quite alot more left with those options.
  • venumvenum Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a 2009 Honda Odyssy EX-L W/RES and NAVI in SoCal area. Did anyone buy this vehicle recently? If so can you please let me know the OTD price you bougt for?

Thanks
  • calnativecalnative Posts: 6
    I'm with you Stevekal. If the Ody doesn't come back w/ some serious discounts we are getting the Sienna. Besides my wife loves the little push button auto door closer the Sienna has adjacent to the side door frame to keep our toddler twins inside. Why doesn't the Ody have that feature?
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,194
    All of us who post on these forums are generally well informed on prices, discounts, rebates etc. A car manufacturer [honda] has a national perspective and knows that there are enough folks who are lambs to the slaughter when it comes to car buying. Those folks don't frequent these forums. They see an ody in a parking lot and like what they see. They pack up the kids and go to the dealer and say I can afford this per month -- I want an odyssey real bad. Hard to believe but this still happens and while honda may sell fewer units without price support the ones they sell will bring in way more in net profit to the dealers. A friend of my wife leased a murano in 06 -- she paid msrp + 1k for wax and scotch guard, put 10k down, and bought a 7 year extended warranty on a 39 month lease. She follows the dealer recommendations for all service -- $450 for each 7500 mile service. Not lying. Instead of turning it in she paid 20k and bought it. Welcome to the real world. :confuse:
  • hot2004hot2004 Posts: 26
    I do not agree with you completely. Even the uninformed buyer do little bit of shopping and check the prices of other models/manufacturer. Just remember, it's not just Odyssey, but Honda pulled the rebate for other models too (example: Pilot). At the current price Honda vechicles are not competitive with other manufacturer. Honda will loose it's market share a big way if they continue like this and no manufacturer want to see that.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,194
    Your point is that uninformed shoppers check prices. Some do and some don't. Based on my experience, I know some don't. But the key here is you do and so you will wait for a fair deal -- congrats. Never under estimate the power of emotion when it comes to car buying. To a very few a car is nothing more than an appliance that gets them from place to place. Most get caught up in the bells and whistles and judgement is easily clouded. Look at the new dealerships. All modern with an ambiance that targets sales. Why not have a warehouse with bare walls and card tables. Pass along the savings to the buyer. I vote for that. But the bean counters know human nature all too well. The term "a sucker born every minute" still applies-- not to everyone but to just enough to offer a jackpot from time to time. That is the american way -- god bless america -- we can choose which club to join.
  • cam18cam18 Posts: 2
    Just closed the deal on a 2009 ex-l no res or nav for 26900 plus 195 doc fee and 100 title. does not include taxes. we purchased from hyannis honda in mass, boch honda in boston was about 500$ cheaper but they were about an hour away so we stayed local. thanks to everyone on the forum for there info it really helped. we made the purchase on july 3rd so the incentives were still good then. good luck everyone!:)
  • andy603andy603 Posts: 54
    congrats....thats about $3800 under invoice. nicely done!