Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• andy603andy603 Posts: 54
    36.8 +/- $300 is about what i'm seeing out there now in my area. Given no incentives and low inventory (at least around here) unless Honda surprises folks, its prob as low as its gonna get. That said the inventories of EX-L seems MUCH higher...who knows!
  • cm111cm111 Posts: 7
    Just purchased an EX-L with RES two weeks ago. It came with two sets of headphones.
  • jbihun1jbihun1 Posts: 16
    does that include tax? I have the guy here in town at 37,100 for the Touring with splash guards and the cross bars included. Plus tax, title, doc fee, filing fee.

The 37100 includes the 400 under the invoice plus destination fee.
  • jbihun1jbihun1 Posts: 16
    just got another quote, 36,436 with destination,+ TTL. Cross bars and Flaps. Is that a deal? I can't tell. It should be a couple hudred below invoice.
  • hoosbesthoosbest Posts: 39
    Not a great deal for those considering a Touring at $36-37K. I walked away from out the door for a Touring in June at $35K OTD. You would be foolish for spending $36 or $37K now for a 2009 model. That car will be a year old in two weeks with the debut of the 2010 and your depreciation hit will be large. Unless you are getting a better deal that that, buy a 2010 for basically the same price next month. New car sales are not great - and Honda made no changes to the 2010 to enhance demand. There will be plenty of 2010 around shortly.
    you really think you can get a 2010 for about the same (36 +/-)? What exactly would the depreciation difference really between the 2 years anyway?
  • ncmvasdjncmvasdj Posts: 2
    I know that some dealers already are getting the 2010 Honda Odyssey. We are planning on buying one in the next week and want to know what recent OTD prices people have paid for a 2009 Honda Odyssey Ex-L near the Macon, Ga area. We are not interested in getting the Nav/DVD system with the car. Thanks.
  • and5555and5555 Posts: 1
    I was looking at getting an 09 Odyssey and then began to look at getting 2010 as time went on.

My concern is that the 2011 Odyssey is supposed to be completely redesigned.

I'm concerned for two reasons:
    1) Depreciation: In the year 2016 (when I could theoretically sell this vehicle) why would somebody want a 2010 "old" style Odyssey instead of a 2011 (one year difference) "new" Odyssey? For example, why would anybody want a 2004 Odyssey when the 2005 (new, better design) costs a little more?
    2) Introduction of 2011 next year bringing 2010 prices way down: I would expect that when the newly designed 2011 is introduced, there will be HUGE incentives to get rid of the 2010 models (since their designs would be "old").

It seems that this same kind of thing happened with the Civic in 06. I have the new Civic, and I can definitely see a difference between the 05 and 06, at least in "hotness factor".

For these reasons, I'm considering buying used until a few years down the line when I would upgrade to the new Odyssey.

Anybody have any thoughts, similar concerns, or reassurance?

Thanks,
    Andy
  • caseyjrcaseyjr Posts: 9
    I wouldn't buy a 2011 because you risk new problems with a new design.
  • I agree. Wait until 2012 models.
  • smadhusmadhu Posts: 16
    How much did you paid for EX-L/RES.
    Pls state where and when you saw. thx
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Posts: 70
    I'm concerned for two reasons:
    1) Depreciation: In the year 2016 (when I could theoretically sell this vehicle) why would somebody want a 2010 "old" style Odyssey instead of a 2011 (one year difference) "new" Odyssey? For example, why would anybody want a 2004 Odyssey when the 2005 (new, better design) costs a little more?
    2) Introduction of 2011 next year bringing 2010 prices way down: I would expect that when the newly designed 2011 is introduced, there will be HUGE incentives to get rid of the 2010 models (since their designs would be "old").

You might be over thinking this. You'll be looking at selling a 5 or 6 year old minivan. It's not like we're dealing with collectibles or supercars. :)
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,196
    If the drivetrain stays basically the same without anything revolutionary -- then the revamp may be more cosmetic with lots of hype. Would buy if that is the case but will be interested to see what develops.
  • mohanpmohanp Posts: 26
    You put this in Brilliantly.. !!! Perfect thought Odyssey is not a rare entity...

"You might be over thinking this. You'll be looking at selling a 5 or 6 year old minivan. It's not like we're dealing with collectibles or supercars"
  • nobonobo Posts: 305
    If they follow the footsteps of the upcoming Toyota Sienna, they should have a 6 speed transmission in 2011.
    You are almost always better off financially waiting to buy a car. Having said that, we purchased an EX-L w/RES two weeks ago (incentives were still on) in the color combo we wanted at the lowest quote I had received on an Odyssey in the 4-5 years I have been checking. We plan to keep this for 10+ years, a minimum holding period for a new vehicle if you want it to make financial sense. My take - In 2020, both the new and the old style will be old styles, and the value will be about the same, give or take a few hundred bucks.

Other considerations should be a priority, not the "style" unless you are one of the folks that likes a new car every three years. Most Honda owners are not in this boat, however. The current model has most of the bugs worked out and is a functional, good looking car. With current pricing, we thought purchasing now made sense for us.
    We had a trade so the price is tough to compare on an apples-to-apples basis. Based on my estimate of the fair-trade value of my vehicle, we paid about $28K. Could have been a bit more or less depending on the trade value though it's a bit tough to judge in this used car market. Incentives were still on at the time ($2,500 dealer cash).
  • At this time, understanding there aren't any incentives, what do you feel is a fair price on the 2010 EX-L model w/ RES?

I was going to get a 2009 model, but just missed the incentives by 2 days....no point in paying the 2009 prices when I can get the newer model. My dealer has the 2010 trim I want coming in Friday/Saturday. He is calling me tomorrow w/ a quote and I wanted to get feedback to know what is reasonable. Thanks!
  • dbtdbt Posts: 298
    The 2010 Acura MDX and ZDX will have shiftable 6 speed auto transmissions. Quite possible that they will migrate (perhaps w/o the shifters) to the Odyssey & Pilot for 2011.