Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Does anyone know if Honda is going to have a finance special for the upcoming July 4th weekend like the deal during the Memorial Day weekend in Southern California area? My husband's car got total lost past Sunday and we're looking for a 2011 Odyssey EX-L w/ Nav. Recently, Honda doesn't have finance special on Odyssey and they said the APR is 2.99% for 60 months with good credit. We want to find out if anyone knows if Honda is going to have finance special for the July 4th weekend thus we can wait for that. Also, California may be increasing the sales tax and license/registration fees again soon, we'd better hurry to get a car. Thanks for your help!
  • rservissrserviss Posts: 2
    I have never met a dealer that would talk about upcoming sales. If you can afford to wait, I would say hold off until July 4th to see what's offered. The EX-L's are beautiful. I love mine. I bought it May 28th. It's the one with Nav. Dark Cherry Pearl.

You might experience a problem with the XM Radio receiver cutting off so you're getting no signal, even on an interstate. My dealer said he's replace 4 already. Guess mine makes number 5.
  • clarodriclarodri Posts: 1
    What year was the EX-L with RES? Where did you price it @ 31980?
    thank you.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Posts: 490
    Wow you are giving up a Lexus RX350 for a Honda? I know this is the Odyssey forum but have you cross shopped the Sienna? The ride, quietness, and reliability should be similar to your Lexus. We owned both so talking from experience.
  • philsguyphilsguy Posts: 3
    I'm a NC buyer that was looking for the best Out-the-Door price on a 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES. The best I received, and the one I went for, was from Steve Padgett's Danville Honda in Danville, VA. Sorry, but I don't have it itemized. This price includes tags, title, taxes, etc.

$34918.75
  • urglieurglie Posts: 20
    philsguy,

Does that OTD price include any accessories like wheel locks, splash guards?

Thanks,
  • dtoccidtocci Posts: 3
    I'm in central NC too. What's the salesmen you work with at Padgett's? Was it a haggle-free / internet deal or did you have to work for it?
  • jm77jm77 Posts: 1
    I got a great deal from these guys at Fladeboe Honda. 29,150 was the final price for my EX. We saved almost 3 grand. I emailed all of local dealerships over the course of 2 weeks, and I kept on getting better and better offers. For the last few days, 29,400 was the lowest, but finally one dealership said they would give me an extra $250 off. I went to Fladeboe and asked them to match it because its right near my house and they did.

However, they did quote me above MSRP on accessories. I believe they do that to make a little extra on the side. I called back the parts department a few days later and the prices were below MSRP, which made me a little upset. Good thing I didn't buy any accessories yet.
  • Can you let me know what dealership and salesperson you worked with for that price? Thanks!
    No, it does not include any accessories.
    It was an internet/email negotiation process. Really, I didn't haggle down on price b/c their offer was the best among about 15 I had received. The only time I had to really get firm was in my refusal to put down a $500 deposit for them to look for the color I wanted. No way I was going to do that. Let them find the car first, then I'll put down the deposit to do the dealer transfer.
  • newmexesnewmexes Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I was happy with the deal I got at Chapman Honda in Tucson, AZ. (It was worth having it shipped to Albuquerque, NM- it saved me $1350 even with shipping costs.) Best deal I got when checking dealerships in ABQ, Phoenix and Tucson

EX-L Taffeta White
    $32,935 (includes destination and $350 shipping charge to ABQ)

no wheel locks, splash guards, or extra tinting had to be added
  • I have been casually looking for a Odyssey Elite, my first vehicle in some 20 years (I've had company cars up until now), both in store and online. My husband suggested I get a price via Costco and the very next day I got the lowest price any dealership would give me, $41,436. I narrow my search to 2 dealerships and they suggested, if I can get a price that low then they'd go with it too. I'm also getting a discounted price for aftermarket accessories (ie. tow/hitch kit) without needing to haggle.
    I'd start my search here and THEN use that number to see if you can get a better deal. Keep in mind, $41,436 is still a pretty good markup from dealer cost and whatever other kickback/incentives are offered.....
  • cee1jaycee1jay Posts: 4
    Hi all, after many emails, my sister in law and I lucked into a alabaster silver odyssey touring at Freeman Honda. We paid $40,887 + Tax, Title, and Registration. No hassles when we turned down the extended warranty and lo-jack. Car was washed and came with a full tank of gas.

Most of the Dallas dealers are still quoting either MSRP or higher than MSRP. They're justifying this to the demand and the tsunami in Japan. When I asked why then do they have EX-Ls despite the tsunami, a lot of them evaded the question.

Ola was our salesperson and he gave us excellent service. I guess purchasing a touring can happen, but luck has a whole lot to do with it.

Good luck everyone!
  • Hey - yes we drove both the Sienna and the Odyssey on the very same day. Initially I felt sure I wanted the Sienna because I have owned 5 Toyota's in the past and I think they look nicer on the outside. But the interior of the Sienna was cheap, cheap, cheap looking and we were test driving a higher end model. The dash looked like plastic, the seats were not comfortable at all and the roar of the engine was awful. Now my husband thought it sounded good (men) and he also thought it had more pick me up which it does. The model Sienna we were test driving also did not have a fold down mid section on the 2nd row and our son really liked that in the Odyssey. I also wanted a blue van and right now Toyota does not even offer a blue one. We left the Toyota dealership and went right back to look at the Odyssey again and my husband agreed that it looked and felt much nicer than the Sienna. To be quite truthful - I have never really been very pleased with my Lexus. I LOVED my Toyota Highlander way better. Thanks for the response.
  • We just got our quote and I noticed that they want $189 for splash guards but the honda site lists them for $72. I also like the door visors but those are $252 and I like the look of the body side molding but that is anther $205. Anyone had any luck getting a dealer to throw these in for free (I know, nothing is really free). Just thought I would ask. Thanks

EX-L RES
    MSRP $36,830
    Sale price $34,722
    Mud guards $189
    + tax, DMV fees, Doc fee for total out the door price of $36,259
  • ekonopinekonopin Posts: 3
    I have a quote for 2011 Odyssey EXL with RES for $34,106 plus dealer fee of $250 and taxes. I have a 2008 Odyssey EXL with RES that I am looking to trade, needs about $500 in body work, and has 46,000 miles on it. Any idea if that is a good price? Also, any idea what I can expect on a trade. I haven't told the dealer yet that I have a trade.

Please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • Wow, I wish I could get that price here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I really wonder if I should just wait until prices drop. I can't imagine that the demand for large vehicles could be sustained at these gas price levels.
  • cardeal22cardeal22 Posts: 2
    Has anyone recently close the deal on EX model in TX please?

I am in the market and things does not look any where near the prices in this forum...:( is it the bad time to buy it?

I got a internet quote for:
    $31,730.00
    Add protection package $309.00 installed
    Add Window Tinting $99.00 installed

SUB TOTAL $32,138.00

same story that no more odysseys coming to the dealer so what ever is left is what you got :(

any advice?
  • cardeal22cardeal22 Posts: 2
    Hi nayigadi,

I had a question on how could you do that transaction from TX and bought the car in NJ? don;t you have to be present at the dealership to sigh off the contracts and all the papers?

please see if you could share some more information!