Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 2012 EX-L RES Celestial Blue
    $32,600 + state sales tax +DMV
    (that price includes destination, doc fees etc.)

I tried for an EX-L without options, but only found 1 in my area in the color we needed... I say needed since my wife was completely set on that. That dealer wouldn't play ball, the pricing was the same at that dealer for the 2012 base EX-L as I was getting quotes for 2013s. So rather than going 2013, I opened it up to RES models, and got the above deal. Overall, I wanted a bit better pricing based upon what I've seen here, however, I'm in an area that was affected significantly by the Hurricane, and 2012s were in short supply and dealers weren't being super aggressive in pricing. So considering that, I'm pretty happy with my deal, got the car I wanted, in the color I wanted, and basically got the RES for free, considering that 2013s were priced at the same amount.

the other weird mix in the market place, you'd think with the Hurricane that used cars would be selling great, not the case on the private party side. it wasn't easy, and people seemed scared about flood cars, even if there is nothing wrong with the car, I am about 3 miles north of the areas affected at all. Although I did better than the low ball trade price I got at 1 dealer.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Are you getting quotes for a 2013 TE for $41,500 out-the-door (taxes, doc fees, freight and tags included)? Even at Virginia tax rates, that's a great price.
  • That's what they're claiming!
  • I am in the market for EX-L RES and in NJ. Have couple of questions for you.
    1. So your 2012 EX-L RES was same price as 2013 EX-L(not EX-L RES)?

2. which state and dealer?

to everybody else:
    Should i expect 2012 to be $6000 less that similar 2013 model? as $6000 seems to be the yearly depreciation for these vans? if price difference is less that that then looks like it is better to get a 2013 model.

Wanted to get a realistic view from others. :confuse:
  • Vinny, I think that pricing is dependent on taking Honda's holiday financing promotion (0.99% APR / 60 months). Otherwise the price goes up $500.

I'm still waiting for a full quote from two dealers who've promised this price, btw.
  • That price did not include sales tax which is 6% ($1,980.00) processing fee ($368.00) and license transfer ($31.00). The OTD price was $34,879. I also added an extended warranty for $1,388 which took the full coverage from 3 year 36,000 miles to 7 year 80,000 miles. Of course you are not obligated to take the extra warranty, but I thought it was a good deal. I definitely feel there was still plenty of wiggle room in the deal, but for me a few hundred dollars was not worth the aggravation. Plus my wife wanted celestial blue and this one was celestial blue. With an eprice in hand from another dealer they will definitely do whatever it takes to give you a lower price. Without the eprice they tell you your number is absurd. 32,500 OTD is definitely possible without the remote start.
  • cars like stocks, houses and anything you buy the depreciation value only matters when you sell. As far as I know the 2012 is the same as the 2013 except one is sold as 2012 and one is sold as 2013. As soon as you drive off the lot a new 2013 is now a used 2013 and worth only slightly more than a 2012 with the same miles. The warranty is the same on both and if you keep it for 5 to 10 years or longer you pay taxes on the lower amount. For me age is nothing, but a number. The $6,000 depreciation is assuming you drove the van 15,000 miles which if you're buying new you obviously did not
  • I received an initial offer of $30,996 for an 2012 EX-L w/NAV in the DC metro area. Went there and foudn out this did not include processing fees and destination charges, so the total price without tax and tags 32,700. They said they would throw in wheel locks and mud guards for free.

I tried to negotiate but they would not budge. They had a lot of 2012's in stock, but all were silver with grey interior, which I don't want.

Is that a good deal? The lowest quote i received in the region was $32,600 for a 2013 EX-L without NAV not including taxes and tags.

Should I jump on this, or is there more negotiating room elsewhere? I dont see many 2012's around, unless they are silver.
  • Dealers aren't allowed to solicit business here.... and, members aren't allowed to solicit dealers, either...

Thanks

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'm in the market for a 2013 EX-L Odyssey or 2012 EX-L the lowest i have been quoted is 32,500 for 2013 in Fredricksburg, VA , local dealer in Richmond wont give me a price on the 2012 ex-l without going to the sales manager and Im not in a rush for a headache so i passed Im willing to travel two hours from Richmond, VA in any direction to get a good deal. I travel to DC daily so its not out of the way. I may settle for a 2013 because I want taffeta and truffle interior the 2012 models are limited If you purchased in VA please share your dealership location Should i wait until 12/30 to purchase. Also I have a trade in should i not mention it until we have settled on a price, I probably should get a quote on my trade in at a dealership I'm not interested in buying at just to know what I'm up against.
  • what dealership is this also did they give you a quote on 2013 models ?
  • I would like to thank everyone on here. I was able to get a lot of good information from on here and was finally able to get the VAN I wanted. I got the 2012 EX-L for $30,550+TTL. I also got the following accessories included in that price:

Roof Rails Installed
    Body Side Moldings Installed
    Front Mirrors tinted
    Splash Guards
    Wheel Locks
    Door Edge Guards
    Trunk Tray
  • what region did you purchase it in?
  • The 2012 EX-L w/NAV was from Joyce Koons Honda in Manasses. This dealership had by far the most 2012's in stock I have seen anywhere. most of them silver with grey interior. but they had a couple of black and grey's also. Most other dealerships in the area had none, or maybe 1 of the 2012 Odyssey's in stock. I only saw 1 or 2 2012 models with truffle interior in the area.

The 2013 EX-L quote I got was from Honda of Tysons Corner, and I didn't a quote from Joyce Koons on this model year.

From what I have been seeing, there is much less negotiating room on the 2013's and no financing promotions. If you see a 2012 you like, I would not wait because inventory will run out.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Sorry. i was just kidding...I know that no dealer is actually going to make that deal!
  • I got mine from Oklahoma City, OK.
  • karaymakarayma Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    FYI,
    2012 EXL 30,450 including destination charge+ tax and fees, some free accessories such as cabin mats, mud guards, wheel locks, tray tub

Thank you for all the wonderful reviews and sharing your buying experience. It was extremely helpful in terms of negotiating and getting a deal. With all your help and reviews, my husband and I were able to get a deal very close to the lowest offer I received on email. Our buying experience was pretty pleasant with the Honda dealer on Convoy St in San Diego.

But the true color came out when I referred my friend's family to this same dealer. If you want to be treated like a s***, please go ahead and experience it yourself. This dealear does not know what a customer service is. Especially the so called "manager" named Paul and Salesperson Robby. After buying the Odyssey at this dealer, I referred my friend's family who was also looking into buying the same vehicle. When they went and told Robby that their friend(me) bought the vehicle at $30,450 which included the destination charge and some accessories the week before, the Salesperson did not believe them and accused them of lying. My friends felt very disrespected and mistreated by this salesperson and the manager. So I went with my friends to the dealer the next day to prove that I was the friend who bought the vehicle there the week before. My friend's couple and me and husband were not even welcomed. Paul the manager came out at the door said he was not willing to make any offer. He lied by saying that his salesperson spent the whole day with my friends trying to negotiate the price when it was only for an hour. The manager was NOT willing to hear any of my friends had to say and only believed what his salesperson told him. Paul did make a ridiculous offer saying that my friends would have to pay $400 more if they wanted to buy the vehicle. When I complained that this was not what I had expected for my friends to be treated, the manager didn't care. He said there were eight other Honda dealers in San Diego that my friends could go to. This so called manager didn't even seem to care whether I go on all the car sites and yelp leaving negative comments. He said I could go and complain all I wanted. This dealer is full of crap and disrespect for customers!!! And you know this dealer had the guts to call my friends that evening saying that they were willing to make the offer. Who in the world want to go back to the same dealer that treated like you a piece of s*** and not welcomed into the dealer would go back and buy the car. That was even more humiliating and disgusting getting a call back from the dealer. I still get very upset and infurious when I think about the treatment that my friends and I received at this dealer.

If you are in San Diego and looking to buy a Honda, The BOTTOM LINE, DON't go to the Honda dealer in Kearny Mesa.
  • There are few dealers who still have 2011 models in their inventories.
    Is it worth buying?
    The price of those leftovers are not even close to competitive.
    Some are listed even more expensive than 2012 models.
    How much of a discount do you guys think is possible?

I would like to hear your opinion.
    Thanks.
  • Hi Ryan, I've been burnt before and taking a cautious approach to negotiate in advance with dealers. I tried negotiating at your price but getting stuck without any proof. I really appreciate if you could send me a picture or copy of your invoice. You can black out identifiable information or I promise I'll do that before taking it to a dealership. It was nice of you to share this information. Thank you for your help.
  • subicsubic Posts: 2
    This is what a Phoenix Honda dealer offered for a 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L no RES/no NAV:
    MSRP: 35,855
    Invoice: 33,171
    Internet price: 30,921
    Plates: 613.86
    Tax 8.8%: 2764.78
    FCC: 368.80
    OTD: 35165.45

They won't budge on the OTD price to bring it down to 31/32K. Is $35K OTD still a lot for this year and model???

Thanks in advance.