Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• You can also try out Albany Honda in Albany, GA. They sold me a Silver EX navi for $750 under MSRP and delivered it to Atlanta for $100 bucks.
  • Great responses. I've got an e-mail out to Albany Honda and will let you know what happens. Thanks.
  • mr_dmr_d Posts: 10
    On April 4, 2000 I was placed on the United Buyers Service waiting list at Browns Honda in Arlington, VA for a GG 2001 Ody EX/NAV. The price is $26,182 including dest. (msrp -$2,658). I waited 5 months to be offered a TW 2000 EX/NAV. I declined. At 6 months I was offered a MB 2001 EX/NAV. I declined. At 7 1/2 months I was offered a SS 2001 EX/NAV. I declined again (uggggg!). I am now still waiting for my Granite Green EX/NAV.

The wait is fairly long but the price is good, if you can wait. The UBS manager (Zubair) is very helpful and friendly. The salesman (Gabe) is less than enthusiastic. But hey, at this price!

Hope this helps.

Don

PS: United Buyers service is in the Wash. D.C. area and is available through you credit union.
  • How many Ody's do you think that Browns has gone through since April?

It would seem to me that UBS is doing you a disservice at saying you can get Odysseys at a unrealistic price and then not being able to deliver.
  • mr_dmr_d Posts: 10
    I don't know how many Ody's they have gotten since April. They get 1-2 EX/NAVs per month for the UBS program. Remember that they still have their regular customers that are not part of the UBS program and that I have been offered about 1 van per month since month 5. A 5 month wait for that large a discount is not a bad thing. I think that expecting a waiting period that is the same as someone who is paying MSRP or higher in unrealistic (IMHO).

Don
  • The Honda Dealership on Route 1 in Alexandria, had a GG 2001/nav on Saturday that was not spoken for. I test drove it. As I was test driving, I did not talk price. I spoke with Ms. Lloyd. I doubt, they will come down to the UBS price. I still am driving my 1986 Honda Accord which is going strong. However, I'm not sure I want to wait a year for my Odyssey. I have not heard any plans by Honda for a special edition 2001 Space Odyssey coming out (it would have been a great marketing tool- buy I guess they can sell all they make), so have settled on GG. I'd be happy to find someone to sell it to me for $500 or so under MSPR. Did you find anyone in the DC area that was close? The other buying service through my credit union could get me an Odyssey through Hersons Honda in MD (we bought through them the last time we bought a Honda - 1995 and they were great) at MSPR.

Thanks for the info.
    Eleaner
  • Anyone have some info about Southeast MI Honda dealers and Odyssey prices? There are two in the Ann Arbor area, but I'm not sure where I'll get the best price and/or service. Any help is appreciated.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Stay away from the Lansing dealer, they are jerks. They will sell you what they want to sell you. No color choice and their service sucks. I drive 60 miles to Grand Rapids for all mine.
  • jbg1jbg1 Posts: 1
    We're starting the search for a minivan and would appreciate any advice on dealers in Washington State. Also what are prices being generally quotes for either an EX or LX and the waiting period if any?
    Thanks in advance.

jbg1
  • Looking for an L.A. dealer who will sell a 2001 EX below MSRP and without dealer add ons. Carsdirect.com's price is $965. above MSRP. Wow, what a bargain! Please share your experiences.
  • It would be great to find Odysseys at ANYTHING below MSRP, however, with supplies being low and demand being high prices seem to be at MSRP. The problem we are having is getting enough Odys to satisfy current demand.
  • ....without leather. It included cloth seats and dealer threw in seat covers.
    Leased for 48 months (dealer gave ma 48-month warranty) and 15K per year from South Motors Honda in Miami.

$477/month including tax. Compared it to other dealers and this was about $20 cheaper than anyone else. And Honda's fiscal year ends in November, not December.

What do you all think?
  • we just bought an ex a bellevue off the lot. they had several in and seem to be getting them in often. Renton honda also seems to get them often and do nto do a waiting list. they were having a sale for $600 offf over thanksgiving weekend and Seattle Honda was $1000 over msrp. I think there is a little room to bargain because they arenn't preselling as much as they were 6 months ago.

good luck
  • giaongiaon Posts: 1
    I've been on the UBS waiting list since June 2000. Contacted them once a month which they continue to say that the wait was 4 to 6 months. Just called them last week, now they say that I may have to wait to June 2001 before getting my EX. Has anyone run into this situation?

I'm not in a dire need to get the van, but the way they play this game makes me mad. They have you wrapped around their finger when you're on the UBS list.

Jim Coleman Honda has many EX 2000 and 2001 available, but are selling for $28,000. Whoa!!!
    I guess because they are located in a somewhat $ area gives them the right to sell it at that price. Maybe when I hit the lottery then I will buy it at that price.

Sorry, I'm just griping. Hope everyone gets their van.
  • I see a whole new group of names hangin around here these days. Haven't posted since the summer, and my original search started back in the spring. This is economics in the U.S., the old supply and demand again. Figured I would wait it out, thought for sure by this time of the year prospects for a 2001 might be better, but unfortunately nothing has changed. Still hearin from the internet managers, 'one on the lot and if you want it's yours for $1000 above MSRP', heard it all before!! Another thing, more and more commercials on the tube, more and more Odys on the road. Anyone shoppin in the NY Tri-state area, have any luck with any of the dealers round here?
  • I would like to know where I can get a Green EX at $500 over cost. I am willing to fly/drive to any location within the USA or Canada!
  • Please contact me at LesSilber@aol.com

I am looking to buy a green 2001 EX with no additions for $500 over dealer cost and will be will to fly/drive to the location for pick-up.

I need a bonifide written agreement e-malied, faxed or mailed to me.
  • You will be lucky to find an Odyssey for $500 under MSRP! These things still sell as fast as they come in (and often with waiting lists, so darm near before they come in!). Many dealers are still asking for a premium over MSRP. Supply and demand will most likely keep you frustrated in fulfilling your stated desire for a couple years to come....
  • Rpeiper,
    Contacted Albany Honda yesterday. They are holding firm on MSRP plus $190 for Mud Flaps and Roof Rails and $249 for Customer Services. Did you have a good experience with these guys?
    Thanks
  • Aberdeen washington will sell for 500 over msrp
    Also a dealer in idaho will sell for msrp 1 888 30 honda. ask for jerry mcconnel. although you may have to wait a couple of months