Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• familyguy123familyguy123 Member Posts: 4
    where u from? $28,600 is a great price for ex-res.
  • familyguy123familyguy123 Member Posts: 4
    i wish ican get this price in NJ.
  • xoomercomxoomercom Member Posts: 2
    I paid less for Touring including destination. I recommend you shop in NJ, I feel you'll get a better deal provided they still have stock.
  • cilcia96cilcia96 Member Posts: 3
    We're in the Chicago area.
  • pdesai1pdesai1 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2010
    We are going to pickup a 2010 Odyssey EXL with RES and NAV. Got 31,589 including destination charges, splash guards and all weather mats. Does not include tax, title and $399 processing. We were also able to get 3.19% from Honda and the $1500 incentive. Economy Honda in Chattanooga has been great. Did everything over the phone and email with no hassle. I highly recommend them!
  • stlminivan10stlminivan10 Member Posts: 5
    Purchased 2010 Honda Odyssey Touring in the St. Louis area on May 29 2010 from Bommarito.

MSRP = $41,465
    Invoice = $37,800
    purchased = 35,688

The $35,688 included:
    Destination fees
    Mud flaps
    first 2 year no charge maintenance
    5 year paint and leather protection
    non Honda remote start to be added later = $400
    rear cargo tray = $100
  • keyser_sozekeyser_soze Member Posts: 2
    i was looking for the same and was targeting inside of $35k before destination for the same vehicle. on a fluke i got one up near albany for $34,687 that included destination. poor area and few sales of tourings so that is why. No one in the NYC/NJ area was able to come within $1000 of that price. I even showed metro honda in jersey city my paperwork from upstate and they couldnt do it.
  • psuchitpsuchit Member Posts: 1
    Cilcia96 can you tell me which dealer did you finally bought your EXL-RES from ...I am buying one in next one week or so ...would like to get a similar deal ...
  • scifi1scifi1 Member Posts: 1
    I got quote for Honda Odyssey EX-L for 31,000 OTD, I live in TX, is this a good deal?
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    I have no idea. OTD can very from county to county, let alone state to state. Too many fees, local and state taxes can change the number for each buyer.

My wife bought a 2010 EX-L 3-31-10 with no other options and freight included for $28,510.00 plus tax, title, and fees.

What is the price of your van without the taxes and fees?
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    in bay area, have emailed many dealers for base EXL, consistently getting 28450 or so (this is without doing much work). How is everyone else faring?
  • andagaandaga Member Posts: 23
    that's an awesome price!!! did you have a trade? what was OTD price? lowest i can get here is about 32,400 base incl destination.
    i am wondering when the best time to get a new car will be. i can wait the week for my ex-l nav and res. though they'll probably be out of the color we want, i bet we could get a good deal on a touring. some places have tons of those.
  • cro372cro372 Member Posts: 11
    Where in AL have you received those offers? We're in Tuscaloosa and are starting to look for a '10 EX or EX-L.
  • odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    The best price came from Sunny King in Anniston, but Brannon Honda in Roebuck (off I-59 not too far from I-459) came close. Tameron Honda in Hoover talked like they would match another price, but I do not like the way they do business, especially with all of their useless add-ons jacking up the sticker about $1500 so the uninformed think they are getting a bargain when they knock off a few dollars. Guess that was too much information. Anyway, I began with getting quotes online through Edmunds or Overstock.com, then talked to them. Please be sure to have them provide the out the door price, because the price they provide will easily go up $2000 of more with add-ons, etc. If we were to buy today, I'd probably just offer them $27,000 out the door for an EX. And, they might accept. Oh, and the Tuscaloosa dealer told me I should take one of the offers I had because they sounded good to him. Good luck.
  • cro372cro372 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for all the information. I'll check out the dealers that you mentioned.

You may also want to check out Precision Honda in Jasper. I haven't called them yet, but I purchased my '07 Pilot EX-L from there. I have nothing but positives about the dealership. They gave me a great on-line/over-the-phone price (thanks Edmunds forum!), an unexpected value on my trade, and worked out an excellent financing package.

I did not purchase from Townsend Honda in Tuscaloosa, as they could not match Precision's price. They provide great service for my Pilot, but do not seem to budge much on their new car pricing (I've been to see them about the Odyssey).
    Does this seem like a good deal?
    In most cases it would be, and I might buy if someone offered me $6,000 off MSRP on an EX. Was that offered somewhere, and was it before the dealer jacked up the price by $2,000 or more? I guess it should be since it stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, but who knows what dealers will do.
  • indianakripsindianakrips Member Posts: 7
    I have a quote of $31,497 + TTL for EX-L R&N in Raleigh area. Have any one seen better price in recent time?

Also will the Quarter End/Month End (June 30th) help to negotiate further?
  • sjerlsjerl Member Posts: 3
    Hi

That is a good prices for 2010 EX-L at $27,495 is this an email offer because I am in discussion with a dealer in New Jersey and is willing to match that offer. If so can you forward that email to sjerl168@yahoo.com much thanks
    That sounds like a great deal! Does that price include destination? Can you tell me what dealer? I am in NC looking to buy soon! What's the OTD price?
  • carhunt1carhunt1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the same boat.

So far I have the foll. quotes (excluding TTL)

DMD frisco: 2010 ex for 27k
    JE dallas: 2010 ex w/res for 28K
    2010 ex-l 29740

cowboy toyota: 2010 xle for 40 K :)

what do you think is a good price for odyssey exl. I am thinking abt 28K OTD. reasonable ?
  • 4odysseyex4odysseyex Member Posts: 8
    I had similar quotes for EX, about 27K. The next lowest was 26.4K but about 70 miles away, and had not even discussed the trade. The lowest was Pohanka Honda in Virginia (25501 for EX), but they were about 220 miles away. Piazza Honda in Reading, PA was the only one who agreed to match the 27K and also give 10K for my trade (2006 Dodge Caravan SXT (not the Grand Caravan), with almost no other options. The book value was anywhere between 9000 and 9800. I fought for 10K, it too a few days to get to 27K and 10K, but I got it in the end. MOst other local dealers were offering a maximum of 9K for the trade. This is what I paid:
    27K for 2010 Odyssey EX (Polished Metal/ Dark Gray), no options added
    10K for Trade
    123 Doc fee (lowest in the area)
    6% Tax on the 17K balance + Registration and other DMV fees
    Total came to just under 18200. Financed at 3.9 APR.

They didn't push too much on the extended Warrenty or Simoniz system 5, they did let me know but no pressure at all. The whole process was fast and no nonses involved at all. They didn't hold my registration or treade car keys, etc. etc. all. They were quick with the first price, and the negotiation on the first day was fast also. I walked out when I could not get the 25.5K for Ody, 10K for trade was agreed on Day 1. Finally after shopping around for 3 or 4 days, I called Piazza and talked about the other two lower offers. He gave me his rock bottom price of 27200, and I brought him down to 27 over the phone. I went in, the car was washed and inspected, but not prepped. Checked the Odo and it had 8 miles (that seemed standard), especially because it was inspected on that day. Took it for a spin, did a walk around, and sat down to get it all done. They did not do another inspection on the trade and just took my word for it. We wrapped-up pretty quickly too. I like how they treated me, so if you value that then I think this is a great place to buy your next car. If price is the biggest point, then they are not the ceapest.
  • pdesai1pdesai1 Member Posts: 5
    No we didn't have a trade and the price included destination but not tax, tags and registration. I would highly recommend going with Economy Honda. They will even deliver the car to your home.
  • ingolla2ingolla2 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    i am looking for best value on EX-L in northern VA area.
    Best quote i have received so far is as follows:

$28295.00 plus $710 freight before TTL.

OTD price for VA: $31125.30

Is there anyone in VA/DC/MD who purchased EX-L recently, and can share any great information?

Thank you!!!
  • charncharn Member Posts: 17
    Ingolla2, i'm pretty much looking for the same deal as you are. EX-L model. Still stuck on whether I should go for RES/NAV or not. Wasn't crazy bout the new 2011 look so am leaning towards purchasing a 2010 model before they go. Would appreciate any information you have on the dealership you find the best deal at. Good luck.
  • hacfredhacfred Member Posts: 2
    We're interested in getting the 2010 EX-L (we decided that we don't like the 2011) in Houston. I e-mailed several of the local Honda dealerships in the city and got back the quotes from them.

The quotes range from $28,243 to $30,487 (all of these quotes are excluding TT&L).

Based on the tax in Houston, to get OTD price we would need to add roughly $2,000 to the above numbers. Basically the best OTD I'm getting is $31,783.

One dealership said they'll match that amount and give me lifetime warranty (I guess the typical 5 yr, 60,000 miles will be extended for as long as we own the car).

I'm surprised at these numbers - I thought people were getting quotes as low as $27,500 (excluding TT&L). I e-mailed back the dealerships and I said that I wanted $27,000 and they almost laughed at me. I said others around the country are getting such quotes and they flat out said these people are lying!!!

What is going on here? Are 2010s getting more expensive now that Honda is almost out with 2011? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have a good quotes from a Houston dealership?
  • cilcia96cilcia96 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. 2 dealers were willing to go down to $31,750 OTD on the EXL-RES....Schaumburg Honda and McGrath Honda in Elgin. Good Luck.
    Why are you not all over the $28,243 price. Add 2K for taxes and you are at $30, 243.

My wife bought the 2010 EX-L for $28510 + TTL 03-31-10. She also did not like the 2011 exterior styling. Behind the sliding doors the 2011 looks like a badly repaired wreck.

There will be a lot of buyers "on the fence". Once they see the 2011, many will want the 2010. Dealers know this, and I think some of them even like the 2010 better.

Good luck with your purchase. Don't wait too long as color choices will get limited.
  • emm1emm1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, that's an awesome price for EXL. do you have email quote for that. am negitiating. Thanks!
  • emm1emm1 Member Posts: 2
    Do you have the email quote from dealer? this is great price. Thanks!
  • hacfredhacfred Member Posts: 2
    Hi nobo,

Thanks for the feedback - the reason I'm not all over the $28,243 is because of the numbers you see on the discussion board. Some people talk of quotes that are as low as $27,500 so they're getting OTD < $30K!

I asked the various dealreships for $29K OTD but all said no and one actually told me he thinks the price of the 2010 will go up as supplies dwindle which I have a hard time believing especially that the 2011 will be coming out soon.
  • joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    28,243, if it includes destination is a great price, and DONT let them put in that BS document fee of anything more than $75 (that's another way they get you).

I bought an EXL 3 weeks ago for $29k, $75 doc fee, plus tax and title.

Im another one that was'nt crazy about the 2011 AT ALL! I was expecting something cooler looking.

As for the RES, not worth the the extra $1300-$1500. The ipads will be $300 in about 6-9 months. I'd rather buy 2 of those and keep the kids busy, and INTERACTIVE.

As for the NAV.....looks cool. But how many times do you use it? I might use it 3-5 times a year. Save your money.

As for the car?
    It's great. Very happy, now considering the Extender warranty.
  • sjerlsjerl Member Posts: 3
    Just made a purchase for EX-L for 28700 with freight in Staten Island NY taking deliver tommorrow.
    Some of you who are on the fence (like me) might need to keep in mind that the $1500 marketing support the manufacturer is providing expires on July 6, according to Edmunds. Will they extend it? Who knows, but that might save you some money if you buy before it expires. Just a thought. Tom
    Every dealer I have spoken to has said 32,200 is the lowest pre-TTL that they can offer for the ex-l nav and res. Should I pull the trigger?
  • dofastdofast Member Posts: 6
    Honda had great marketing support in 2009 that ended July 6th. History could very easily repeat itsel this year. Some not too happy with the 2011 design ( myself included so bought a 2010) and will be jumping on the last of the 2010 supply.
  • rangersacerangersace Member Posts: 34
    I would say yes but would like to see the breakdown of the OTD price. I paid $33438 for an EXL w/RES at the end of march which I felt was very good at the time.
  • matte0matte0 Member Posts: 5
    Joefar75 you are correct in everything and I agree with your points re the RES and NAV. The 2011 has a plastic garbage bag holder for the rear, how can you not want to wait for that... LOL.
  • terrymanterryman Member Posts: 1
    Are you guys getting the .19% financing from Honday with your quote?
  • pchamelpchamel Member Posts: 3
    Can someone point me in the direction of a post that explains the price negotiation method of contacting several dealers via email......I know I've seen it before here but I don't remember the name and I can't find it.

Thanks
  • mammabeemammabee Member Posts: 3
    Thought we were going to get a 2010. Negotiated and got the dealership down to $29,500 for an EX-l (no RES, no NAV). I only wanted to pay $28,500, based on the prices others on this post are getting, so I still feel a bit jaded. But I saw the 2011 and we love it! How much do you think we can get the 2011 for? We live in the Kansas City, MO metro area.
  • snowdaddyosnowdaddyo Member Posts: 53
    Be prepared to pay a $3000 premium for the 2011 version.
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    A variety of methods like this have been around for a long while (search for fax attack for some earlier ones). A more recent set of these negotiating tips are referred to as the "donkeypunch" method now. Search on that term.
  • rau046rau046 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Appreciate all the posts. We have been comparing prices for the 2010 Odyssey EX-L (no RES/NAV) in the Chicago area. The lowest no hassle price we found was
    $28,555 including destination charges from Honda on Grand. We had been getting our previous Odyssey serviced at a dealership in Schaumburg and they met that price. We are happy with our deal; also took the extended warranty which includes free oil changes at that dealership only from now until the end of the warranty period (8 years/100,000 miles.)
  • indianakripsindianakrips Member Posts: 7
    $31,497 for EX-L RES & NAV and OTD around $32,913 is from a dealer in Virginia 180 miles from Raliegh. I tried my best for some one to beat that price locally, but no luck. One reputed dealer quoted that no one can beat that price in the entire nation.

Finally ended up paying 33,350 OTD locally . $400 more than the lowest quote I have seen, but saved a trip. The 2010 Odysseys are in great demand. I wanted Mocha and saw two of them this morning and both were sold when I reached there at 4 PM.
  • charncharn Member Posts: 17
    Would you mind mentioning which dealership in Va offered you $32,913 OTD? The best deal I've found thus far is from a dealer in MD offering $31,794 and came out to $33,781 OTD for EX-L w RES/NAV. That's a good $500 extra i'd be paying between sale price and OTD price compared to what you got. Thanks.
    Can you send me the name of the dealer or an email with your pricing? The lowest I have seen 33,450 OTD and when I ask for lower, they all say they can't go any lower. Thanks for your help! I almost bought today. Does that include any extras? enviro plan or something?
  • ravi707ravi707 Member Posts: 2
    I got a deal for EX-L Res&Nav for $31360 +tax+lic from CA bay area dealer.
    I have seen this the lowest price.