Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• This is a 2009 Dark Grey EX-L with RES

I obtained an email quote for 30,500.00 from another dealer and the place I purchased from, down the street from where I live, matched it. They only wanted to see the quote, so if I wanted to be a little dishonest, I could have easily doctored it to say 29,500.00 or whatever. I honestly believe I could have gotten a better price with some more dealing with other dealers. Aftter watching this forum for a few months, this is the lowest OTD price I have seen for an EX-L with RES. All these prices are from Northern VA dealers.

Vehicle: 29115.99
    Title: 10.00
    Dealer License Tax: 58.23
    Sales Tax (3%): 885.03
    License Fee: 45.75
    Processing Fee: 385.00

Total: 30,500.00

So, they are charging me about 500 for silly fees. I didn't care as long as the out the door price was $30,500.00. Looks like they are not including the destination charge and just eating it.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,679
    Once again, they are buying the rate down!

Those dollars have to come from somewhere!
  • I am sure it came from somewhere...

The price OTD turned out to be a bit higher -32360 OTD. with 15k for 0% APR for 2 years.
  • Hi Folks

How much does a 7 year 80k mile extended warranty cost? In CA one cannot buy the out of state warranties. So this one is a Honda Warranty.

The one that I am being currently offered is a refundale policy (if I don't use it) for 1400?

Should I buy it.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Posts: 53
    It sounds like a good deal. I'm also in Dupage County and got an offer of 30,975 from Honda on Grand. I'm hoping the incentives increase in March and possibly even May. Could you please share the Dealers and the details.

Good Luck to you.
  • Eparra, the dealer accepted the numbers I listed. But I haven't given him the go ahead yet. I'm wanting to find out if others on this forum think it's a good deal.
  • I am looking to buy a 09 Odyssey. Can you share the name of your dealership? It seems that you got a good deal. Thanks.
  • Hi

I am working with the same dealer...the price you posted, is it OTD?
    I am being offered the same price from Honda on Lisle.

Please let me know as I haven't commited yet.

Thanks

PS: I would need to decide soon, cannot wait beyond March. :)
  • price for EXL R/N from 2/13/09

$31350 (base price)
    $400 (processing/destination)
    $30 (title, etc.)
    + 3% sales tax (NC)

Also...looking for advice on leasing versus buying...was told standard Honda money factor for my credit was .00250 (for best credit)...others agree with this one? Also, if you tradein off the deal price versus get the tradein back in cash is there a difference? (eg. do I have to pay tax on the sold car and then tax on the bought car...whereas if applied directly then only pay sales tax on difference?). Lastly, saw some people posting 0% financing....sounded like it was dealer sepcific? Was tol they are buying it down so you are actually paying more...is this correct? LAst Q - any new incentives believed to be coming?!? Muchos Gracious.
  • have you leased before?

i also looked at both options and the monthly cost was coming out to be nearly same after the same down payment.
  • What state are you in? That is an unbelievable deal. What is your sales tax?
  • owenyoweny Posts: 3
    dealer is Parkville, MD
  • owenyoweny Posts: 3
    Just got my 09 EX, Total Out the door: $24,000 (include DE tax, tag and processing fee). i have a old van trade-in which is worth $1,100 - $1,800 based on KBB. So probably my new baby cost $23,900 to $ 24,600. I am happy with it.
  • Virginia, Sales Tax is 3%.
  • It is Lia Honda on Central Ave, Albany, NY.
  • "It is Lia Honda on Central Ave, Albany, NY."

Thanks so much for sharing this info. Enjoy your new Odyssey!
  • Can anyone please share extended warranty pricing on a 09 Oddyssey EXL RES?

I am being offered:
    7yr/75k - $1400. :)

I couldn't find any information in the other posts.

Thanks in advance.
  • I bought a 09 EX-L with RES over the weekend. I paid 1400 for a 7 year 80k mile Honda care warranty in CA. One of the good things is that if you don't use it in 7 years, I will get the money back.
  • $34950 w/ running boards? see if you can squeeze some more outta them. i got an even $35K for 09 Odyssey Touring non-PAX with:

running boards
    cross bars
    3rd row sunshades
    cargo tray
    (along w/ Protection Package: wheel locks & splash guards)

Capitol Honda - Internet Sales

also, try & locate vehicle's PID info (usually stamped on warranty booklet). PID is Pre Inspection Delivery. check the date and that will tell you (approx) how long the dealer has had it on their lots. key info to know especially when haggling...

good luck
  • "dealer is Parkville, MD"
    Thank you for the details. I just asked for a quote.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Since CA didn't allow you to shop cheaper online (Arnold who?) Check and compare wih AAA's auto warranty ... they refund you if you didn't use when warranty ends.
  • Several dealers in the silicon valley area offered $24,300 for a base EX 2009 plus tax and license -so out the door just over $26k with the 8% sales tax in CA
  • Hi Mason,

Just wondering if it was $35k even out of the door price (tax/registration/destination, fees, etc.) or the selling price before tax/registration? With this economy, I heard that dealer are posting a 3k incentives, but no 1.9% anymore.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Looking for the March, April Timeframe.
  • joe

OTD would have been nice! $35K was only the negotiated selling price --$34K w/o the accessories to be exact. i tried numerous bay area honda dealers & went w/ Capitol Honda since their quote was lowest for the exact Touring model i wanted (non-pax, sterling grey, etc).

mason
  • m_fordm_ford Posts: 10
    Does anyone this that 31,280.00 for an 09 Odyssey with RES & NAV is a good price? I am in Kane county, IL.
    I think that is a good price, if it includes Dest. Charges. I'm in Dupage Co., IL. So far the best offer I have is 30,975 incl. dest from Honda on Grand for a EXL R/N.
  • Current offer for 09 EX-L (no RES or NAV) $28,200. Has anyone done better recently?
    I know there is a $2250 factory to dealer incentive going on. I am guessing it is built into the offer.

Just wanted to see if I can press for a lower price.

Thanks
    Brian
  • i am hoping this to be a good price for our car we just purchsed on Long Island
    29205 with tax added 32791
    anyone like to comment on this?