Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fmichaelfmichael Posts: 95
    Internet quote for a 2009 Odyssey EX - $24,237 with the MSRP of $30,125.

This price includes Honda's $670 destination charge and an additional $200 "fast start discount" which is valid until the end of March.

Can I do better, or is there any rebate/financing specials in the near future?

• promokspromoks Posts: 7
    I was offered 28750 for an EX-L with RES at the Buerkle Honda in Maplewood. Everyone else was higher in their quotes. The Luther's dealers were all the same price in their quotes.
  • peterzhupeterzhu Posts: 1
    Hello,

I plan to buy an Odyssey EXL before October this year so I am not in a hurry. What is the best time to buy when I can get a good deal? Will the price increase in the summer?

Many thanks.
  • hodesseyhodessey Posts: 10
    I am getting $32500 (OTD) in Texas. do you think its a good deal. any one from DFW baught this specifications recently?
  • gilvergilver Posts: 5
    trying to get into a touring non pax, can you help me with dealer name and contact info. So I can get hopefully the same deal. thanks
  • an_han_h Posts: 2
    No accessories.

I paid 25,900 OTD

24,300 + 1200 tax + 400 other fees

This is in the Boston, MA area.
    No accessories.

I paid 25,900 OTD

24,300 + 1200 tax + 400 other fees

This is in the Boston, MA area.

May I ask if you had to "negotiate" aka haggle on that price, or was it a price you were quoted via the internet?

I was given a similar quote ($24,237) via the net for a 2009 EX - however the quote included the $200 "fast start" discount, & $670 destination fee.
  • an_han_h Posts: 2
    Yes I had to negotiate the price. The price I was given on their email quote was 24,700, they said they could give me a better offer in the showroom, however I was disappointed that it wasn't better than what we finally settled on.The price I quoted above 24,300 included the destination, however they did not quote a $200 fast start discount...
    I'm not 100% certain, but I think the $200 fast start discount is a March only discount (ends on the 31st of this month)...It's possible it may have been meant as a discount/incentive for specific areas throughout the USA; something you might wish to ask your dealer.
  • psrinivpsriniv Posts: 39
    are u in richmond, va

dealer is west broad
    nope I'm in Harlingen, tx. Trying to get a quote of a dealer with lesser price, so they can match it over here. Thanks
  • delthekingdeltheking Posts: 1,152
    If u are looking for a higher mileage minivan,,the Sienna is a much better option.Hondas age poorly,,,in the sense,,,they become rougher and louder with lots of rattles and squeaks compared to other makes.And compared to the Sienna,,,the Odyssey`s reliability is not up scratch.
    So,,unless u absolutely want a Honda,,go with the Sienna undoubtedly.
    Also used Siennas-with loaded features-- can be a real bargain.
    Just MHO.
  • Sales tax on leases is calculated month to month instead of in one lump sum like on a purchase.

For 95% of drivers, leasing would be more cost efficient, however, because of the industry's past with leasing people are very close minded to leasing and don't even want to consider them.

Leasing gives you a lot more viable options, and you still build equity in the car.

In fact, most of the time(especially with Civic and Accord leases) with Hondas, you are in a positive equity situation at the end of a lease.

The big thing most people don't know about leasing is you can still negotiate the price of the car. Sometimes leases even have more (or less) incentive money available to the customer.
  • I don't know where you've been getting your info. That may have been true in the past but...

In recent model years, comparable model to comparable model, Honda's have much better build quality than Toyotas.
  • It might stay the same, but I doubt it will go higher until the end of the model year.

I almost might thing it will drop. The reason is that many dealership inventories are getting smaller. Honda's cutting back production a bit, and finding certain makes and models is becoming more and more difficult.

Here in the southeast EXL's, EXL RES, and EXL RES/nav are becoming short supply all over.

We're a 200-250 unit per month Honda store and we might have 20 Odysseys total on the lot currently. 25 or so if you count incoming units.
  • jojo0718jojo0718 Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am thinking about buying an 05 touring odyseey from a private seller. The car is in great shape from what it seesm, Inside is almost flawless and the exterior other than a door ding in the front right fender is also in great shape. The car is 20750 is this too much? too little it has about 26,000 miles on it. The person who owns it does not have kids and they travel for work hence the low milage. I will be taking it to my mechanic before I buy, but what about the price?

Thanks,
    Jo
  • I just received quotes on a new 09 EX-L-RES for $29308 (includes splashguards, $199 documentation fee) excluding TTL from Bellvue Honda in Omaha.

One dealer wouldn't match it saying he would lose $300 on the sale, but two other dealers did match it/beat it slightly after consulting with their GM's. I didn't pull the trigger as I want to ponder it more and I frankly ran out of patience in talking with dealers on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

Just a couple of questions out to the group as it seems like a good price as they are giving up half of the holdback:
    1. When they run out of room or dig in their heels on pricing, what else can I ask for? two years of routine maintenance (oil changes and tire rotations)? Minor accessories like cargo mats, etc?

2. I will have a trade in (2000 Sienna) that is roughly valued at $2500-2700...what is the best way to leverage that as part of the deal? I would actually prefer lower pricing to reduce taxes (horrendous in Omaha) vs. a higher trade in value.

thanks in advance for any perspective.
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    My 2006 Sienna LE w/27,000 miles trade-in $ 12,600.
    Niece's 2005 Ody EX w/46,000 miles trade-in $ 13,200.
    She paid LESS for new 2005 Ody EX than I paid for new 2006 Sienna LE with the options I have.

A used Sienna will save you money because of the greater loss of value with a Sienna. :sick:
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Honda Odyssey is BETTER built than the Toyota Sienna. I know because I prefer driving my sister's 2001 Ody EX with 103,000 miles than my 2006 Sienna LE with 27,600 miles. ;)
  • I think this is a very good price. Are you sure it is EX-L+RES? I got a quote of $28605 for EX-L (without RES) from Luther's last week. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,225
    Look around for some other discussion for this...

Here, we are focused on Odyssey Prices Paid...

thanks,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tmltml2tmltml2 Posts: 20
    SAYHEY2205 > 2. I will have a trade in (2000 Sienna) that is roughly valued at $2500-2700...what is the best way to leverage that as part of the deal? I would actually prefer lower pricing to reduce taxes (horrendous in Omaha) vs. a higher trade in value.

Get a quote for your used car from Carmax Have it in your back pocket when you get the offer from the New car dealer as a trade-in.

I don't know if they have a special rule in Omaha, but in Texas, the sales tax is calculated on the Net (new car price minus trade-in to the same dealer, not Carmax), so it should not make a difference if they lower the new car price but low ball the trade-in value.

I would not believe the adage that the dealership WANTS your trade-in. They will simply turn around and wholesale to someone else, and it gives them a lot of paperwork, with little profit. Look around the dealer's lot. How many 2000 year models do you see?

I've sold my last two cars to Carmax, because they offered WAY more than the dealership, even after factoring in the extra sales tax I had to pay, because the trade-in was not with the dealership selling me the new car.
  • tsvvktsvvk Posts: 4
    Thanks - I went for Sterling Gray - can you suggest me if it is worthwhile going to Costco for a flip-down DVD player? Also I am thinking of putting cross bars and rails on the top - any suggestion on that? Appreciate it.
    I'm trying to get into a 2009 odyssey touring no pax, I'm also from texas close to san antonio can you recomend a dealer with GUNN Honda that would not twist and turn things around just to get out more money from you. I'm trying to purchase one within next week if I get good otd price of 35k to 36k :confuse:
  • cthalaimcthalaim Posts: 12
    me too got the sterling Gray..yes, even I am also thinking to put DVD as well as cross bars, but I have to see how much it's going to cost..you mean Costco setup the DVD system?
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Posts: 108
    Just purchased a 2009 Odyssey EX-L w/RES, Nighthawk Black for $28,451 (includes Freight, Splash Guards, Door Edge Trim, and Pinstripes). This was working with a Northern Virginia dealer's internet sales team and the process couldn't have been easier. I did have to pay the "mandatory" processing fee of $399 plus tax and tags. No financing deals through Honda. Best to go through credit union or something.

I didn't have a trade, so the whole process took a minimal amount of time and the dealer's sales agent was fantastic to work with. Based on what I've seen in the forums, the price seems in line with what others have been able to get.

I tried to negotiate roof rack cross bars and waiving the processing fee, but they said their price was rock bottom. I suspect their correct. That price is almost $7K off of MSRP.

To put things in perspective for people looking to buy, let me point out that we also owned a 2005 Odyssey EX without all the Leather, Sunroof, Rear Camera, Power Liftgate, or DVD system, and we paid $27,950 back in October of 2004 when the redesigned Odysseys came out and everyone was happy to pay full sticker and sometimes above sticker. (Fyi, we loved our 2005, be we sold it to our sister when she had a baby and desperately needed a minivan).

That means that flash forward almost 5 years and we only paid $500 more for an extremely more equipped Odyssey. In all my years of car buying, I have never seen Hondas selling for $7K under sticker.

This is truly the best time to be buying a new car of any make and model. Good luck to anyone else looking to buy an Odyssey.

P.S. - For what it's worth, my salesperson said that the Odyssey won't be redesigned until 2011. The Odyssey goes through a 6 year cycle. 2010 will be the 6th year of the current design. There may be slight changes in 2010, but not a redesign.
  • promokspromoks Posts: 7
    Yes, it an EX-L with RES around 31300 out the door. We were at the dealership last week to test it.
  • bkpbkp Posts: 3
    What was your OTD price? Thanks.
  • thelinuxthelinux Posts: 13
    No problem. The price was $7275 off from MSRP. But the real good part was that I traded in my 4 month old Acura for $1000 more than what I actually paid for when I purchased it. I was not really happy with Acura and only after 4 months of driving it, I was already wanting to get rid of it. But I know that I was going to lose a lot on only 4 months old car but incredibly, I was able to make dealer pay more than what I paid for. So I made about $1000 and 4 months of free ride through this trade in. (Well, I know when I add tax, I lost some though)
  • thelinuxthelinux Posts: 13
    Here in California, the best quote I got on Touring/ No PAX was 33900+TTL. It was just a one day search. But if you spend more time, I think you can get better price than that.