Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rrbhokiesrrbhokies Posts: 108
    Bought mine in Virginia: Black Nighthawk Pearl. Manufactured 12/08. Still had all packaging on it and about 18 miles.

2009 Odyssey EX-L w/RES ..................$27,781
    Appearance Package..................................N/C (Mud Guards/Wheel Locks/Pinstripe/Door Edge Guards)
    Freight ......................................................670
    Dealer Processing Fee ...............................399 :mad:
    VA Sales Tax @3.12%................................900
    Tags & Licensing Fees.................................49

OTD Price....................$29.799
  • tsvvktsvvk Posts: 4
    I found this at Costco shipping and installation included:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11249204&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCa- t=BC|79|4842|71350&N=4018665&Mo=9&pos=5&No=4&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=71350&Ns=P_- Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10613-Cat21269&topnav=

Not sure if this is a good one (no reviews) - 12.1" costs additional 100 dollars, 9.2" 100 dollars less. Same unit costs about $350 at amazon (excludes installation).

For roof rack - I am seeing this for about 300 dollars:

http://arapahoe-motors-inc.amazonwebstore.com/Honda-Odyssey-Roof-Rack-LX-Only/M/- B001N41U2E.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

Please let me know if you have any other findings.
  • No, no trade-in or financing, it was a straight-up cash deal.
  • Maybe. How much is sales tax in Texas? What about DMV fees? What determines if it's a good deal or not is the price of the vehicle itself, not the OTD price.

We just bought an EX-L with RES/NAV (no other add-ons except wheel locks, which happened to be already on the vehicle) for $32830 in the San Francisco Bay area. Our vehicle price was $30,000 even, which seems to be a very good deal. I even had a salesman at another Honda dealer do everything but tell me to my face that I was lying when I told him I had a commitment of $30K for that vehicle. He just couldn't accept that it was new and had DVD and NAV for that price. He said the very best he could do was $600 higher.

A couple days later he called me up to see if we'd bought an Odyssey yet, and I told that we'd bought the one for 30, at which he repeated his "With DVD and NAV?" question yet again. I think he still thinks I was BSing him. Oh well, my gain, his loss.
  • The installed price was $576, which was quite a markup over the website.

Yeah, a couple days later I verified that the fog lights are dealer-installed only, so the finance guy was being, well, not straightforward on that point, to be charitable.

The fog lights go on a separate stalk? That's whack. I have a 2005 Mazda 5, and the foglights are just one more rotary switch on the stalk. I think Honda would be better off putting in a single wiring harness with fog light connections in it and a blank spot on the stalk to slap in the switch.

Thanks for the info on the fog lights, anyway. I may still consider getting them. Waiting for a good foggy night around here so I can go out for a drive and decide if I really need them or not in this car. They're very nice in my Mazda 5, but the Odyssey seems to throw a larger light pool and from a higher angle than the low-to-the-ground Mazda, so I may not need the fog lights as much.

Good luck on your deployment, and thank you for your service to our country.
  • tmltml2tmltml2 Posts: 20
    gilver,

>recomend a dealer with GUNN Honda
    This board won't let me name my specific salesman,.

If you want to provide an e-mail address, I can send my salesman's name to you directly. You can create a temporary e-mail accouunt on gmail, and then just abandon the address after I send you the Info.
  • Thanks for the well wishes. That means they are charging about $250 in labor, which here would equate to about 2 1/2 hours. That's not all that bad. Your labor rate is probably less than here because I just verified with our service department that it's a 3 1/2 hour install, and our price is just over $600 for the fog lights on the Odyssey.

As I said, labor is a little rediculous in Atlanta. Every dealership I've worked for, Honda or not, is over $90 an hour.
  • hodesseyhodessey Posts: 10
    Thank you for your reply.

Here is the break down:

Price of Vehicle : $30,330
    Total with TTL (6.5% texas tax, around $280 other fees) : $32,505.63 (OTD)

Price of vehicle includes (mud guards, pinestripes, roof rack, cargo tray and wheel locks)
  • Wow, and I thought the prices we were doing was stupid. $1200 under invoice including locks, guards, pinstripe, and edge guards is just rediculous. That's a little over $400 in adds including the labor installation.
  • sizzle7sizzle7 Posts: 17
    It looks like people have gotten 2.9% on an auto loan with the 3500 dealer cash on the EX-L. Is that right? I've got credit scores in the 800's. What's the best you think I can do?

Also, should I wait until after settling on a price for the car to haggle about financing or should it be haggled for as a package deal?
  • Hi, Promoks:
    Yesterday I got a quote of $29849 for EX-L from Buerkle Honda!!. This is $1099 more than your EX-L/RES quote!. The dealer argued that your quote is before 3/7 but I don't believe it. If possible, can you forward the quote to me? my email is ohwimgc@gmail.com. Thanks a lot.
  • 30000 even seems to be a fantastic price,
    I am trying to get quotes via email and the best I have managed so far is 30550 in South Bay.
    Seems like there is a rush to buy Ody's before Aprils Sales Tax increase here in CA.
    Any chance the dealer cash rebate would move lower in April from $2500 it is now?
    If you have the chance car to pass on contact details of the dealer you had your deal done with :D
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Posts: 53
    My dealer also didn't believe a quote of 30K flat for a EXL R/N. If your dealer was closer, I'd give them my business for sure.
  • Could you give me the name of the dealership you bought from.
  • gilvergilver Posts: 5
    thanks [tmltml2],
    yes trying to get into a Honda odyssey touring no pax.here in San antonio my temp email is gilver88@gmail.com
  • acme76acme76 Posts: 6
    any thoughts on following deal - Odyssey 2009 LX
    21100+$299fee+$75 lic
    +tax

does it sound reasonable ? shd I take it ?
  • cthalaimcthalaim Posts: 12
    Looks good to me, i paid 21488(includes dest)+143 (includes dealer and DMV fees) + PA Tax 6% on end of feb'09, but If $299 dealer fee then it looks higher, probably you can try negotiate..
  • amirahamirah Posts: 3
    Could you please post the dealer's name and phone number (if possible name of the salesman)?
  • amirahamirah Posts: 3
    "Just closed the deal on a Brand new 2009 Odyssey Touring Non PAX with 8 miles on the Odo.

Total out of the door

$34806 (includes all taxes and fees)

includes wheel lokcs, mudguards and pinstripe.

Tax is 3% VA "

Could you please post the name of the dealership?
    Hendrick Honda, Woodbridge, VA - Dealt with their internet sales department. Absolutely pleasant experience. Highly recommend them.
  • Just bought Silver Ody EXL w/RES at Brian Bemis Autoworld...Didn't get any extras..

Breakdown of the deal:
    $28,500(incl destination)
    $151.65(doc fees)
    $65 (title fee)
    $15 (transfer tag fee)
    $ 25 (Electronic filing of new registration)
    $1948.54 (taxes @6.25%)- This includes the taxes from $2500 incentive.
    ------------------------------------------
    $30,705.19 OTD
  • sizzle7sizzle7 Posts: 17
    Combing through the forums, it looks like people have gotten 2.9% on an auto loan with the 3500 dealer cash on the EX-L. Is that right? I've got credit scores in the 800's. What's the best you think I can do?

Also, should I wait until after settling on a price for the car to haggle about financing or should it be haggled for as a package deal?
  • This is the offer that I am getting for an 09 EXL without res or nav:
    Price: $27191(incl dest.)
    Hondacare warranty 96 month/100,000: $1000
    Taxes(5% MA): $1359
    Dealer: $299
    Plates: $86
    Inpection Sticker: $29

Total OTD: $29964
    What do you think?
  • ub123ub123 Posts: 3
    I'm getting the following deal on a 2009 LX:

$21,960 (incl dest)
    $220 (tags/other fees)
    $1317 (6% PA tax)
    ---------------------------------
    $23,497

Additional "perks" include:

- Free lifetime inspections
    - 7 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty

Any comments/suggestions? What do you think? Is this a good deal?
  • cthalaimcthalaim Posts: 12
    Which dealer in PA? because I got it mine from Martin Mainline Honda, ardmore for 22920 OTD, but didn't opt for 7 yr/100000 mile powertrain warranty..
  • ub123ub123 Posts: 3
    This is from Lehigh Valley Honda in Emmaus, PA
  • Mom - that is a great price.
    Much better than I got out here in Arizona when I went for my 09 EXL.
    They were not negotiating as much out here, I have a higher sales tax, etc.
    I didn't even get the Hondacare warranty!!! :(
    I don't have my specifics here at work, but I compared to what I paid, the fact you would be walking out for less than $30,000 and get all that....find your checkbook and give them some money!! :)
    If you want my specifics, I can email them to you privately.

Dave
    I live in Virginia and was told that there were no finance incentives for Odysseys. The best he could do was with a 3rd party bank at 5.99% (36-60 months). He said Honda would be even higher.
  • Thanks Dave...I thought that it was pretty good, but I just wanted to see what others were paying. I think that we are going to pull the trigger this weekend...thanks for your input.
  • Honda financing is not good right now...I am going through Bank of America for 5.79 for 60 months.