Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• toribiaatoribiaa Posts: 3
    I am a lwyer so obviously not good at math !! I forgot to list the dealer conveyance fee of $399. I just took delivery today and I just love the smell of new car. I swear they must have that smell bottled up and they spray it just before they give up the car !!
  • dad2bedad2be Posts: 57
    No problem. I had not heard about a different holdback % if the vehicle is over 90 days old, but wouldn't surprise me. I agree about getting to a price point where I feel I got a good deal. After much research and combing through postings on this forum all month, I signed the deal on an Odyssey EX this evening. I'll post the deal separately.
    Just signed the deal tonight on a Sterling Gray 2009 Odyssey EX model. Had been planning to replace our totalled 2005 Outback with another of the same, but with our growing family, the convenience and extra space provided by the minivan was too nice to pass up, especially with the current deals. Here is what we got:

2009 Odyssey EX just off the truck
    MSRP: $30125
    Invoice: $27462
    Paid: $24500 including destination

I was able to get all of the $2500 incentive and apparently $462 out of $589 holdback dollars (according to post #21448.) To the $24500 was added 6% PA sales tax and $200.65 in documentation, tire, and registration fees. Also taking the 3.9% Honda financing for 60 months since it beats my credit union rate of 5.49%.

I see on this forum people from Virginia up to Boston were able to get prices as low as $24000, but I didn't get to that figure. I sent out 5 E-mail requests and the range was $24400 to $25100 after 1 round of "is that the best you can do?" The best price was about an hour from my home, so I went to my local dealer with the $24400 and got them down to $24500 - well worth the extra $100 given the convenience of staying local. They also seemed to have a fairly low inventory of Odysseys - they only had 2 EXs available to choose from (fortunately one of them was Gray!)

Overall I'm happy with the deal. I know the incentive may go up in May and the interest rate may drop, but we couldn't wait any longer. We've been borrowing a car for months and it's was time to make a deal. I'll sleep OK tonight and look forward to loading up our new van with strollers and carseats tomorrow...
  • Well, I ended up buying from Dealer #2. They had the exact vehicle I wanted and while it was $100 more than Dealer #1, I added the towing package and they knocked $200 off of that for me. They also gave me $1000 more for more my trade in than the quote I had received from Carmax, so I felt great about the deal.

When we were in the finance room, as soon as the finance person started going over the Honda Care warranty package, I took out the information from myhondawarranty.com (Saccucci Honda). "Oh," she said, "You've got one of those." (Apparently they've seen this before) and the sales pitch stopped as she offered to match the Saccucci price.

We plan to own this van a long time and while I hope I never need to use it, owning the Odyssey Touring with all of the electrical components, I bought the extended warranty for piece of mind.

I've already programmed the Blue Tooth to work with my phone and being able to answer my phone by pushing the button on the steering wheel is really cool!!!

All and all, this was by far my best new car buying experience and I wanted to thank all of you for the volume of information that has been shared.
  • thuidoithuidoi Posts: 5
    Hey guys, I've been getting quotes around the Charlotte area, and the best I've got for an EX-L w/ RES & NAV, with the options below is $ 33,335.00 out the door
    1) Color: Sterling Gray Metallic
    2) Fog Light
    3) Moonroof Visor
    4) Splash Guard
    5) All Seasons Floor Mats, Black
    6) Cargo Tray
    7) Cargo Board
    8) 3rd Row Sunshade
    Any know gotten a better deal? I try to talk them down to $32,500, but none willing to yet.
  • First round of quotes (all out-the-door):

$33,713---includes wheel locks, cargo tray, mud flaps, and pin striping (yuck)
    $32,080
    $32,043--includes wheel locks, cargo tray, mud flaps, roof rack crossbars, window tint (isn't tinting standard?), and "fabric and paint protection."

None has the color my wife wants, so I haven't made a counter-offer yet. If anyone has better offers in DFW, please chime in.
  • girl007girl007 Posts: 4
    Selling price $27,799.00
    License and Doc Fees 350.75
    Sales Tax 2,437.23

Total $30,586...98
    3.9% FINANCING...

ANY THOUGHTS? tia

JUST found this site today.
    This price includes wheel locks and mud guards
    im in so cal, where did you go>?
  • hokiethokiet Posts: 2
    See post #22251 for my experience in Charlotte.
  • Hi, The 3rd one seems to be the good price. Can you pl. fwd the email quote for that to krushi at gmail dot com?

Thanks in advance
  • bosmikebosmike Posts: 9
    Being a EX-L with leather I can't imagine the "fabric" portion of that offer makes much sense. I'd be curious if they are including a Simoniz paint protection or just one of those plans where you can bring the car back for a minor ding/scratch to be repaired.

I'd say the 2nd and 3rd quotes are pretty close and reasonable.
  • radkeksradkeks Posts: 6
    Now that we're getting close to the right numbers for an 09 EXL res, I'm trying to make final decisions regarding any accessories. I can't get the idea of wood grain trim out of my mind. I guess I'm just looking for a big visual change from our 05 olive leather, so I'm not bored for another 3-4 yrs.

Has anyone seen any knockout color combos using the wood grain dashboard trim? What is the quality of Honda's trim, or should I go to an outside source? I'm comtemplating Blk/ ivory interior and wood dash. (Is that too 90's?) Or I've heard the pear Grey with grey int and dark wood dash is nice. Anyone seen this??

Thanks for you help.
  • lyaolyao Posts: 71
    I just quoted with Greg thru net.
    Here's the deals:

2009 Honda Odyssey EXL with Navi/DVD $30,310.
    2009 Honda Odyssey EXL with DVD only $28,321
    2009 Honda Odyssey EXL Touring without PAX $33,517
    Appearance Package is cost additional $495 (accessories, mudguards, & wheellocks).
    All the prices above are just the price without taxes, tags, freight, & processing fees).

Honda is now offering 2.9% for 36 months financing and 3.9 for 60 months financing though!

Do you think it's a good deal for buying the EXL with Navi/DVD?
    I'm looking to buy one around Memorial Weekend!
  • nodysseynodyssey Posts: 3
    While I was shopping for EX this week end, when I opened the glove box and looked at PDI report it was dated to 09/05/08 that means that particular vehicle was in dealer's lot since September 08. Also the Fuel cost estimate was made using $4.10 per gallon. Where as the van I bought had PDI report dated as 04/20/09 and Fuel cost estimate was made using $1.90 per Gallon.
  • Congratulations! Where did you purchase? I've been shopping for the exact same vehicle and can't get a single dealer within a 4 hour radius of Austin, TX to go lower than Invoice ($37,347) minus $2500.

I'm getting so frustrated reading about everyone getting these great deals and I can't even come close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • Month end deal comes. Is this a good price in NJ/NY/CT tri-state area?
    Heard my friend easily got 08 EX for $23,000 last year, incl Destination Charge.
    What's the major diff between 08 and 09 version?
    Could you pls tell me which dealer ist that? I live in Northern VA, but it would be helpful to get the best deal before heading to dealers. Thanks!

Email: lochinus@yahoo.com
    Name: Lorraine Yao
  • Why do we ask for VIN# before we go to dealer? What can we do with it?
  • cc8cc8 Posts: 8
    I think this is a good price if it also includes DVD and nav, otherwise it's a tad high.
  • peb307peb307 Posts: 5
    I live in CT and that appears to be a very good price. Can you tell me what Dealer you got that pricing from? I'm in the market for an 09 EX also. thanks
    It's in Northern Virginia (Tysons Corner Honda Dealer with Salesperson Greg Marlowski).
    I think the price is still high.
    The 2009 Honda Odyssey EXL with Navi/DVD OTD: $32,846.70
    The 2009 Honda Odyssey Touring without PAX OTD: $36156.40
    The above prices included: $495 appearance packages (accessories, wheel locks, mud guards), 3.17% taxes for Va residents, $66.50 tags, $299 processing fees, $670 Destination.

I wish to get the deal at least down to $30,000 OTD for EXL with Navi/dvd, still haven't try it yet though! I would also like to get the extended warranty either thru the local dealer or www.myhondawarranty.com (due to the poor rating reviews for reliabilities compared to Toyota Sienna).

Thanks!
    I'm in CALIFORNIA so sales tax is high. no dvd. can't find anyone to beat that price,,,
  • bikash007bikash007 Posts: 10
    I am divided between LX or EX. I am looking to spend just the right amount for a van with just enough features. I am leaning to a LX. I am trying to figure out what incremental value you get for an EX, for which you need to shell out 3K more. I have gone through the list of additional features. The only feature that seems to deliver additional value is the "power sliding doors". Other features are ok to have, but can live without them. I would like to hear from people who bought a LX or EX, as to what they think one should buy an EX paying another 3K more.
  • jaaronsjaarons Posts: 2
    09 Odyssey EX-L from Mike Patton Honda, LaGrange, GA
    RES+DVD Leather Seating, Rear Backup Camera, NO PAX
    MSRP was $37,000.00 or $38,000 (I can't recall)
    "No-Haggle" price on Windshield was $31,180.00, does not include TTL, or 7% GA Sales Tax. I think a good deal means I'm going to haggle and go lower!
    I estimate the OTD would be 33,362.60 if I paid the "No-Haggle" price.

I thought I saw others posting stating they paid OTD $27-28k for same model. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Driving Northbound I-85 just south of Atlanta I passed the largest Honda Mnf parking lot. Most of been at least 2,000 Odyssey vans parked along with with everything else.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/16/former-ford-plant-home-to-thousands-of-unsold- - -hondas/2">link title
  • bosmikebosmike Posts: 9
    I just recently did the same thing to figure out if the extra features in the EX vs LX was for me. In the end I did go with an EX. Some of the key features (for me) that I found in the EX that are not in the LX:

- 8th seat (middle 2nd row/removable or fold-down when not needed)
    - Tri-zone Heat/AC controls
    - HomeLink system
    - Sunglass Holder + Conversation Mirror
    - 6 Disc CD changer
    - Power Doors
    - Heated Mirrors
    - Auto OFF headlamps
    - Power Driver Seat

There are some other features (i.e. radio controls on steering wheel) that were more minor to me. To me the power doors, power driver seat were the 2 major factors in going to the EX.

Also a followup to my purchase. I got the EX for $24,361 + TTL. I still don't have it in my driveway though! Dealer is being super cautious over the credit union draft I used last Wednesday to pay. Even though I've had numerous documents faxed and 3-way phone calls between my credit union and the dealership they are still convinced they need to hold onto the vehicle for a full 10 business days to ensure the check is good. This was NOT a personal check either... but a pre-approved draft check good for up to $27k for purchase of a new vehicle.
    I agree with bosmike, with the addition of the exterior appearance. The EX has the alloy wheels and the body-colored side mirrors, door handles, and side mouldings - these are black on the LX. The EX looks much cleaner and upscale in my opinion. The must have for the wife was the 6CD changer. I priced out just adding alloys and a 6CD changer as accessories to the LX, but then it was within $1k of the EX price. For $1k, all the extras described by bosmike seemed like a great value so we went with the EX. The power side doors and climate control are already turning into "must haves" if we ever need to buy another van down the line.
    I believe $23999 (including destination) is the lowest East-Coast post I've seen for an EX this month, so you're right in line with that. The 2008 Odyssey that your friend got was likely $1k cheaper because the dealer marketing incentive was $3500 at the end of 2008. It's at $2500 now on the 2009s - it's been getting slightly better every month, so it may change again in May.
  • chereyachereya Posts: 11
    "I thought I saw others posting stating they paid OTD $27-28k for same model. Please correct me if I'm wrong."

You're way off. Check prior posts #22257, 22258, 22270, 22285, 22289, 22304. Just check through the past few pages of this thread and you may find info that's more relevant to your location.
    Hi jaarons. I don't think I've seen anything that low posted here for EXL with RES and NAV. The MSRP for that is $37625 and the invoice is ~$34139 including destination. Take invoice and subtract the $2500 dealer incentive and $739 holdback and you're at $30900. Folks here have been reporting even further discounts down to ~$30k (including destination) plus TTL. You won't get to $27-28k OTD for this model (as least not this month...)
  • Just purchased a 2009 EX-L from Inver Grove Honda. Price was $27600 before ttl. They beat all other Twin Cities dealer quotes. Next best price was from a dealer in Eau Claire, WI at $27900. Very happy with the transaction.