Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 10128624631012862463 Posts: 3
    I also live in Phoenix and look for 09 Odyssey EXL-RES model.

Can I ask how much you paid for that Honda Care warranty? What's included?
    Your deal (difference to invoice price) sounded a lot better than the quote I got from local dealer in my area...
  • Purchased an Odyssey EX in Grey today from Hillside Honda.

Costs as follows

$24,000 base
    $670 destination
    $200 pre inspection (It was $395 and although I tried to get rid of it all together, the sales guy managed to split it)

+ taxes ($2,145 since it is registered in Suffolk co) and DMV/registration fees ($250)

I'd never heard about the pre inspection charge, and strongly suspect it is a scam of some sort, but I'd had enough. I'd gotten better pricing but in less convenient locations.

Honda of Freehold quoted $23,161 -- which someone else had posted on this forum
    Tarrytown Honda $24,000 + $670 destination fees etc
    Bayridge Honda was slightly higher

Wanted to share this with anyone else who had been following the posts. Good luck!
  • new_beenew_bee Posts: 6
    Hi all,

just get EX with no add on through internet for 24100
    Dealer located in Orange county, southern california
    the sales rep really nice and pleasant (I can def refer him)
    The Finance is open with the cost too

tks
  • hondavan2hondavan2 Posts: 5
    paint protection was included but I didn't ask for it when we made the purchase. Window etching, I don't think so.
  • oneputzoneputz Posts: 6
    Hi,

I live in CA which has different sales tax rates. Can you please tell me the price of your EXL + RES before taxes, title, reg., and destination charges?

Thanks,
    Greg
  • jeremyazjeremyaz Posts: 15
    Email me to jerfrance at yahoo dot com I just went through this circus and also live in Phoenix AZ. Through lots of diligence and the work of several forums and people, I was able to save $2000+ than the comparable deals offered in Phoenix. I am happy to help as I found myself a little upset that everyone was able to find amazing deals except for us in Arizona.

This is my payback--if anyone else is in the Southwest or California, email me and I'll also get you the information that I gathered. I just received my 09 Odyssey EXL (no NAV/no RES) on Saturday and love it.
  • I bought the 2009 Honda Odyssey EX from Capitol Honda. Cost breakdown
    24128 (including destination)
    180 (wheel locks + mud guards, they were already on the vehicle, so I didn't bother having them removed)
    + tax (9.25%) + license.

This was the best quote I got from 6/7 that sent their quotes to me.
    Must also say that I almost made a deal at Dublin Honda - but had a terrible experience with them. In the end, I went elsewhere and got the color/model I wanted cheaper.

I was quoted over $2k for the Honda Warranty so I skipped it, plan to buy online. Any have experience buying over the internet and at what cost?

Overall, the internet sales rep was very patient, and very easy to work with. If any one is interested, ping me and I will give you the details.
  • ifly3difly3d Posts: 4
    MSRP 37,625
    My Price 31,774 + tax,lic,fees

Good price? Nearly $6k off MSRP.
    /edit spelling
  • cjdalcjdal Posts: 9
    Thanks to another user on this discussion board, we bought our Odyssey yesterday. We got a white, EXL (no RES no NAV--we'll do after market) for $26,094 which included destination. Taxes and fees were $1800 (we live in No. Cal and have the highest tax rate at 9.75%).

Dealer was Spreen Honda in Loma Linda, CA. Very happy with the transaction. Lowest price we could find in the bay area was $27,790 (or so) so we saved quite a bit of money.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914
    A reporter is looking to hear from current car-shoppers by 5pm Pacific on May 18, 2009. Please send to jfallon@edmunds.com your daytime contact info and a few sentences about the impressions of the marketplace in relation to the dramatic news surrounding the auto industry.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications

Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• erntrisherntrish Posts: 4
    I just paid 29,825 for EX-L RES NAV (+670 desination, so 30,495 before tax/title). Dealer in Freehold, NJ.
  • truthhurtstruthhurts Posts: 1
    Think there's more to this story. At your numbers the dealer lost 2000 to sell you this van. Been damaged? demo?
  • fxguyfxguy Posts: 132
    Lowest rate i have seen so far for an EX-L. This is brand new and not a dealer demo right?
  • dy88dy88 Posts: 2
    I got some quotes in S. California. The lowest one is $31,400 + Tax & License. I think the price is still high. What do you guys think?
  • cshondacshonda Posts: 12
    a word of caution on asking for quotes less tax/tag/title:

My lowest quote on a vehicle from several internet depts ended up being a scam. The sales woman proceded to include an additional $300 in the price of the car by overstating the registration fee and the tax. She got my interest initially with the lowest quote, but then proceded not to answer my questions about the incorrect tax and reg fee and instead tried switching to an OTD quote. The OTD quote was not the lowest quote after she messed with the tax and reg fees. After that experience, I am converted to negotiationg OTD costs rather than less tax/tag/title.
    That's right, it was brand new. 18 miles on it.
  • delguydelguy Posts: 43
    San Marcos Honda in Texas.

EX-L w/ Nav and DVD.
    Invoice $34,139

Offer is $31,839 + TTL for an OTD price of $34,074. Also includes front window tint and "free lifetime powertrain warranty." It's supposed to simply be an extension of Honda's powertrain warranty with similar features/requirements. I'm still trying to figure out the value of the warranty, but given that they just matched my lowest price so far, I think I should go w/ them. Thoughts?
  • Mamak8,

Did you purchase a your car yet, if so can you please provide the price break down?

What was the best quote you got on EX odyssey? Can you provide the price break down and email the quote to me at

badtaamiz_2000@hotmail.com

I am planning purchase one by end of months. Hagertown honda in md stated that they can sell one for $25,150 OTD.

Anyone else purchased EX in md recently did better than $25,150 OTD?

thank you
  • jeremyazjeremyaz Posts: 15
    CJDal,
    The Spreen deal is legit as I have helped several CA and AZ people attain this incredible price. I worked with people from other forums in an attempt to find a great deal out West and I am still upset at my local AZ dealers for not wanting to sell the vehicle for less than $28k. The $26,100 price is legit and about 5 of us have already capitalized on it.

Not sure how much longer they want to deal, but I am happy to get you in touch with my sales person and ask him to give you the same deal. I had previously posted that I paid $27,150 because I wasn't sure if I was going to get the promised $250 + $500...and I didn't get LoJack (and didn't get credit for it). Anyway, if you want the easiest transaction ever, and have all the haggling done for you, then this is the place.

I'm checking my email jerfrance at yahoo dot com a bunch and am happy to help anyone who wants to get the best price out there.
  • john2009john2009 Posts: 5
    The quote I got last month was the same as this month, about $24,900, after the dealer clarified the "miscommunication."
  • Wow, I took your last message to the dealer, and they laughed and said that there was no way. Thanks, oh well. the best we got was $24,961 for a 2009 Honda Odyssey EX. We're hoping to buy soon.
  • tony119tony119 Posts: 2
    "Taxes and fees were $1800", is it right amount for 9.75% tax rate? I thought you need to pay tax on $26,094. I got the lowest quote for EXL with RES was $28,900 here in NY.
    The EXL cost $26,094. Please note I did not get RES or NAV. Sorry, I typed in the wrong taxes and fees. It was actually $2800. California has a dmv fee calculator which includes sales tax here (your state probably has something equivalent):
    https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

Total CA fees: $257
    Total use/tax fees: $2544 (that's Alameda county where I live at 9.75%)
  • oneputzoneputz Posts: 6
    Do you have to drive to orange county to pick the car up, or will they deliver it to a local dealer? I'm curious because we live in the east bay.
  • tony119tony119 Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot for your quick reply! Your purchase price is really good.
  • tonypark68tonypark68 Posts: 3
    I live in Souther Cal and looking for purchasing EX-L with DVD and Nav.
    I am sending email with asking OTD price $32,000 (8.75% sales tax).
    Do you think my asking price is reasonable?
  • spamnotspamnot Posts: 7
    Best I got is $31500, so your $31400 is not a bad deal. That said, I also got a $31000 from Moss Bros but I never felt they were sincere as they avoided answering questions w/r to color and model availability.

Frankly I don't know how folks out in the East got quotes at $1k plus below that.
  • spamnotspamnot Posts: 7
    I sincerely wish you get that price... I also reside in southern CA.

I was in the mkt for the same model, and best I got is $31500. As said in my other posting I don't know how folks in the East got theirs for $29700-$30500 (all prices incl destination but exclude TTL).

Picture this: invoice incl destination is $34139. Deduct $2500 incentive reduces price to $31639. Deduct $1129 dealer holdback (assume max 3% holdback at full MSRP of $37625) gets you $30510.

So how on earth can the dealer sell at below that price? They have cost of doing business too.

If you aim at $32k OTD, at 8.75% tax rate (add TTL will bump the total to approx 9.95%), it means you are getting the price incl destination but before TTL at $29104.

I don't know how that is possible. Hondas are not Chryslers or GM, they don't need to sell dollar bill at 90 cents. The math simply doesn't work unless:

1) there are other dealer profits outside of holdbacks that we the general public are not aware of.
    2) they lowball you on trade in
    3) they bump up the cost of financing

For a clean deal w/o trade-in, good luck. As said, I surely hope you get that price.
  • ifly3difly3d Posts: 4
    Just got revised quote on cash purchase:
    30,589 + tax + $500 in fees (title, license, doc) on a red one
    or
    29,789 + tax + $500 in fees on silver one sitting on the lot for a few weeks.

Good?
  • ifly3d, sorry I can not answer the question for you. But have a new question for you and the rest.

Wondering why would they discount so much for a car just for sitting in the lot for few weeks. Obvious answer is it may have been test driven more, sitting outside in the harsh weather more. Are there any other reasons?

How do you find out how long it has been sitting on the lot.

Regards
    Andy