Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• shumin1shumin1 Posts: 14
    I have been working on buying an Odyssey for the last few days via email, need your input for this offer, EXL at OTD $27,500. Is it good or the price could still be lower? Thanks, Sam
  • wolfzwolfz Posts: 1
    can you tell me dealer name or forward your quota to me? thx.
  • apatel2apatel2 Posts: 7
    Sure. Email me at patelanupam at gmail dot com.
  • springbokspringbok Posts: 10
    That is a very good price, I have been looking in Fl for the past 2 months the lowest quote OTD for EXL RES was 30,000 which roughly would be 28500 for an EXL. What county and dealership is your quote from ?
  • Hi Odyssey0909,
    Can you please me let me know, from where did you get that quote? Can you please forward me the quote at odysseyn0609 at yahoo dot com

I am looking for EX-L with Res.

The following are the lowest quotes from couple of NJ Dealers.
    1) $30,656 (On The Road Price)
    2) $30,808.33 with wheal locks.

Thanks
  • jerry2009jerry2009 Posts: 2
    What is the right price to pay for a new 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L in the Seattle area? Is the price $26,500, plus Tax and Title/Licensing a right price to ask? Thanks!
    I did not get $27,500 for EXL because of some miscommunication. I am targeting at $28,500 now at Courtesy Honda, the Orlando area. They asked for additional $300 shipping cost on the top of my $28,500 offer because they need to get the color I want from a different dealer. What do you think?
  • nd1977nd1977 Posts: 12
    I have two quotes after a labored negotiation process.

Type: Odyssey EX-L with NAV+RES

Local Dealer in KY: 31250 + 500doc fees = $31750

St Louis, MO (will have to drive there and will be an out of state purchase): 30600 + 150doc fees = $30750

Should I go to St Louis and buy from them to save $1000 or will they play tricks and it will not be worth it? I would like to buy from the local dealer as the salesperson is very nice but the dealership is not willing to come down even a little after knowing the quote from St Louis. What are the pros and cons of an out of state purchase?

The cost to go to STL and back would be $150 at the max. maybe less. Local dealership is saying that all offers are off after June 30th.
    I would stay firm at at 28,500 and see if they budge( look online and see how many EXL's they have in inventory that will also give you a guide)
  • mosbournemosbourne Posts: 11
    Cannot comment specifically on your area, however, I am almost positve that every dealer pays the same amount. Last Wednesday, in southern California, I bought an EX-L with RES & Nav for $30,180 + $55 doc fee + tax & license. AND a $500 prepaid gascard thrown in.
    Thank you, springbok. My offer is almost final with that dealer. $28,800 OTD minus trading in = $25,100 for the color they will get it from a different dealer. I have to drive 2hrs to pick up. The online inventory might not be updated since they need to find a silver EXL for me, but their own inventory shows two on website. Are you still waiting for EXL with RES?
  • Last night we bought an Odyssey EXL with RES for $29,288 in St Louis.
    That includes destination fee. Also had $214 in doc fees.

This was a first shot internet quote. Got quotes from two other local dealers that were comparable. Thought I got lowballed a little on my trade in.

Got 3.9% for 60 months finance.

Also (over)paid for 96 month/120K warranty. Got them to $1880 from original quote of $2500 but couldn't get them below. Even with online discussion.

Possibly a more patient negotiator could have done better, but I was generally satisfied with the overall deal given the other perks from the dealer.
  • suw_odysuw_ody Posts: 6
    I am planning to buy the Odyssey EX at the below rate.

OTD $25,300
    Doc Fee $ 587
    Title $21
    Tax 6%

Base price is at 23400
  • I am shopping around for 2009 EX-L with DVD Entertainment and Navigation. The lowest quote I got was 30,988. Quote includes the destination charge but not the TTL. Is this a good price for northern CA? If I buy at quoted price, TTL will be 3,385/- (don't know dealer/doc charges) or should I look for a better deal. I am hoping to go on 29th of this month at the dealership. How much extra can you get the 7y/100k ext. warranty for? What kind of price do people pay for 3 year oil change/maintenance deal?

Has anyone recently bought the above config. in northern CA (San Jose area)? Which dealership did you work with that gave you the best deal?
    I am still waiting- trying to decide between the EXL and EXL RES, wife would like the RES, yet I'm torn between the extra approx $1500 and getting portable DVD payers /
    getting one installed aftermarket for $500 less. Good luck with your deal Sam, for the 28,800 see if they can get it driven up to the them or see if they will compromise $150 on the price if you drive.
    Why dont you try do the deal direcly with the dealership you are having to drive to,
    to pick up the car- see if they will bite on 28,400
  • ssanjussanju Posts: 24
    Looks 28,000 EX-L with DVD is looks good price so far. Only thing my delaer incresed APR 4.35% ( Altough I have good score) - it would force me to pay 6 USD per month. So for 60 months , I will end paying 300 USD more interest. But still overall price should be good..
    Your base price quote is very good. See my postings over the last two weeks for my experience with so cal dealers. I paid $30,180 base, but my 2nd best quote was $300 higher than your best quote. Watch out for padded pricing on doc fees and expensive upsell options during the finance/doc signing. Keep your guard up until you drive away! Examples include overpriced extended warranty & security alarm. And in your case specifically, the doc fee. If your tax rate is 8.75, your TTL fee seems too high. Doc fee should be no higher than $55, tire fee is $8.75, license fee should be approx $440 (my license fee was $433.) Tax is only computed on the base + the doc fee. Hope this helps.
  • dofastdofast Posts: 6
    $26700 includes destination fee. TTL is extra. New Jersey.
  • Hello mosbourne: Thanks for your reply. The tax in my county is 9.25% (was 8.25% couple of months ago - Jeez) - Oh well - At least I'll be able to write it off on 2009 tax return. That explains a little high TTL - Actually, I calculated it myself using the DMV website calculator. I'll take the printout with me in case the dealer tries to pull a fast one. I checked that EX-L with DVD RES and NAVI has all the options I need (tow package would be nice but that can come later) so I'll be able to swing the upsell options with little ease (No, No and No :-). A few Questions:

1) Did you get the extended warranty - What is the good price for a 7year/100K miles ext. warranty.
    2) Did you get the free oil change/maint.?

If it's not too much trouble, can you forward your $30,180 quote to me ( my email address is boofoo_2003 at yahoo dot com. That will give me a good fire power in negotiation. I will appreciate it. Many Thanx in advance.
  • tpavantpavan Posts: 12
    Looks good. What's the name of the dealer?
  • m603m603 Posts: 5
    Hey all, purchased an 09 EX-L in dark cherry pearl, w/ installed accessories: fog lights, running boards, all-weather mats, trunk tray, and mud flaps (which I heard can't be installed w/ the running boards installed, but they said they could do it) for $29369.00 plus TTL. Nobody in Northern CO could beat the price.

I purchased from Tyrrell-Doyle Honda in Cheyenne. Had a pretty good experience there.
  • elwood11elwood11 Posts: 6
    I'm in So Cal too. Looking for EX-L. Do you mind sending me the qoute they gave you for your EX-L NAV & RES? What dealer? Thx
  • elwood11elwood11 Posts: 6
    Looking to buy 09 EX-L for about 29,000 OTD. Hardin Honda advertising they have 40 in stock and need to sell. Anyone get an OTD quote in that range for non-RES, non-NAV EX-L? If so, can you forward the quote to me at 442 at cox dot net? Thx
  • suw_odysuw_ody Posts: 6
    Curry Honda , Chamblee Ga
  • retired13retired13 Posts: 1
    Anybody bought a straight Ody EX lately in the Kansas City, MO area??
    NO add ons, packs, protection packages, etc. Which dealer???
  • rbaconrbacon Posts: 4
    Folks,
    Great message board and I want to purchase now, so my question is how to start, how to leverage all of this good information? Should i just start by doing an email blast via Edmunds, or follow-through on specific dealers where others have already had success? Do they respond well to follow-ons like that?

thanks.
    See my postings over last two weeks. Spreen Honda in Loma Linda, Tony in internet dept.
  • Could you please send me the info for the dealer and the quote as well to
    sugarlandhouston@gmail.com

I am looking for a 2009 EX recently.

Thanks very much
  • could you please emal me the information for the dealer and the quote as well to
    sugarlandhouston@gmail.com?

thanks very much,
    Victor