Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi gbaskar,

Thanks for the clear details on the price you paid. It strikes me as a very agressive price. Given that you got the 0.9% financing, $29,600 appears to be about $1000 below invoice ($33,100) less incentives ($1500) less holdback (3%,$1000).

Did you deal with the internet consultant with the intitials BH?

Thanks.
  • gbaskargbaskar Posts: 11
    Yes. BH is very kind and easy going. I also realised that 3500 less than invoice is a good price to pass. But it is real.
  • demgoddydemgoddy Posts: 1
    WOW. That was true OTD? all taxes & everything? not a penny more? I am looking for the same one as you and would love to know if that is true OTD.

Thank you.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Posts: 269
    Can you share your dealer please.
    I am also thinking about new wheels in a month or so...Have not decided what?

Sanjay
  • belangeebelangee Posts: 1
    Howdy,
    Just got my new blue '08 EX-L w/DVD.

MSRP: 34,445. Net Price $28,295. OTD (TTL Inc.) 30,158.65. (PA tax is 6%)
    No trade in, Cash deal (No Honda Financing), delivery from Dealer stock.

Conicelli Honda, but I had three other PHL metro dealers within $100 of that Net Price. Once I got below $28.5K, I found that dealers didn't want to go lower without written quotes from another dealer, then they'd either match-- or beat by $100 or so.

I'd heard that dealer incentives were going to be static on the Ody's until Sept, so I might have saved a couple hundred by waiting until after the model year- but the vehicle I'm replacing started acting funny.

I did have a lower internet price quote from the folks down in Laurel, MD. (see other threads), but upon reading/listening to comments posted, decided not to risk them.

Was in and out of the dealer in 60 Min. 45 Minutes of that was a show and tell of the Ody's features. 15 minutes in "the back", went very smoothly. They mentioned the extended warranty, but didn't do the hard sell. Didn't push the dealer accessories. (Wheel locks were included, but a full tank of gas wasn't.)

Looking forward to driving it.

Best of luck shopping.
  • sesarjsesarj Posts: 34
    Honda of Hollywood
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Posts: 269
    thanks
    sanjay
  • njvclnjvcl Posts: 1
    We're shopping for certified pre owned Odyssey (2005 or newer).
    Can anyone recommend any dealers they ahd good experience with?
    We are in Central NJ (Somerset, NJ).
    Thanks.
  • mkielmmkielm Posts: 33
    Can't help with NJ dealers, but would suggest pricing out a used Odyssey and then checking on the deals you can get for a new one. This market is topsy turvy. If you are dead set on used, still price out new and use that number as leverage on your used car dealer. I have quote on new '08 EX-L RES for less than used '07 EX-L and '08 EX-L (no DVD) at CARMAX. I got the name of Hendrick Honda outside DC from this forum and received very low offer in writing through their interent service - very easy.
    Good shopping!
  • trubentruben Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a EX-L in Orlando. Before I went on vacation, one of the dealers matched the (then) current prices posted on this board of $26.5 (plus all of their crap fees). Any experiences in Orlando out there? Otherwise, it seems the prices have fallen to $25.8 (right?). The value of the trade also, per Edmunds seems to have slipped about $500 in the past two weeks.

Let me know-
  • ffwuffwu Posts: 3
    I'm looking to purchase a 2008 Honda Odyssey EXL with Nav&DVD. Can the buyers in the Austin and Houston area share your purchasing experiences and prices?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Just one of options --- You can get all the dealers' certified pre-own Odysseys from Honda.com
    Go there. On the top of page there's a pulldown menu. Choose Certified preown, enter your zip and max out from 25 to 250 miles radius. Enter model, enter from/to year
  • ilu333ilu333 Posts: 18
    Hi...

Has anyone purchase EXL w/nav+res recently? If so do can you please share the otd price? The lowest OTD quote I got was $33,300 but I was hoping to find one for $32K & under. Do you think it's possible? Thanks
  • rocky78rocky78 Posts: 2
    I am looking to get a great deal in Northern California on a 2008 EX-L w DVD. Has anyone purchased one from my area recently? If so can you let me in on the details. Pleeeese! Any help would be great!
  • satya589satya589 Posts: 6
    I am looking into a 2008 Honda Odyssey 2008 EXL .I dont need rear entertainment or navigation etc. I am looking for the best deals in Northwest(seattle ,portland ,spokane ,tacoma ). I am willing to drive to these places to get the best deal. If anyone made a recent purchase in these areas please help me.
    Whats the best deal with Honda finacing and what the best price I could get without
    honda financing+tax+doc+license.Please give me the dealer name and name of the sales agent u dealt with.Right now 27,449 is what I have without honda financing and 28,449 with honda financing.I need to add license,tax and doc fee to the above prices.Is this the best deal i could get right now?Can I do any better ? If so help me with few tips.
  • vrichvrich Posts: 10
    Not directly an ody post, but Niissan quests are selling for about 10K below msrp

http://www.glennnissan.com/nissan/share/specials.php

I love the ody, but at this price, I dont know--adds to the confusion..
  • dol007dol007 Posts: 21
    Just gave them a call and they are OOS on those. However, there's still one Quest left with DVD and other things for 30% brings it to about $19,600. The sales told me they will not have anymore of the $15,900 price but will have more vans that are $19,600 later this week. Just FYI what I found.
  • That is because they have a huge markup on the nissan quest. Honda does not insult the buyer by creating that much of a markup. Anyway you look at it...you get what you pay for
  • vrichvrich Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info. NJ nissan dealers are also quoting 16-17k for a quest. The trick is they give out stock#. So the price is restricted for a few vehicles on the lot.

Anyway, the last week of the month is here, hoping that some Honda dealers drop the price a little bit ;)

I am STILL in the market for Ody EX-L.
  • markishmarkish Posts: 3
    Picked up 2008 EX-L RES at Hardin Honda (Anaheim, CA) on 7/21/08.

MSRP: $34,480 (includes destination fee)
    Cap Cost: $28,785 (includes acquistion/bank fee of $595)
    Residual: $18,627 (54%)
    Money Factor: 0.00163
    Term: 36 month / 12K miles
    Monthly payment: $360 + tax
    Drive-off: $697 (1st payment + lic + doc)

Received almost exact same price quote also from Honda World Downey (Downey, CA).

Free 1st oil change certificate included. Don't forgot to pick up thje two wireless headphones. My salesperson at Hardin forgot until I mentioned it.

Also, I received a quote for gross cap cost on the EX-L RES & NAV from Hardin:

MSRP: $36,445
    Cap Cost: $30,278 + $595 (acq. fee) = $30,873 (destination included) + tax

If you are paying cash to purchase, you can deduct $595 acquistion/bank fee from the gross cap cost.