Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I have been trying to buy an 08 Odyssey EX-L for about 2 weeks in the Cincinnati Area. Prices varied around $1500 from the 6 or 7 dealers I had email communication with.

Latest price I've received for EX-L is $26,158 + tax/title. I'm about done with negotiating - ready to buy today. Anyone think I'm going to get a much better price than this?
  • Lake Norman Honda. Internet Sales Manager.
  • nayaknayak Posts: 15
    I realized that the numbers in my earlier post were not competitive at all. So I reviewed this thread for the numbers that others were getting and decided that the number to look for EX-L Res and Nav was about 30K + TTL. Sent out emails from Edmunds and Honda websites - stated exact color combination required. Got an immediate phone reply from a dealer. I stated that I was looking for about 32K OTD, he said OK. Since we were looking for 2 cars (the other one a CRV), it was great that that the dealer had that in stock too and agreed for that price too. Once we reached the dealer, there was some intense negotiation on the add-ons and a lot of "let me go and speak to my manager".

Here is what I paid Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, TX:
    $30,300 + TTL which came to $32,400 OTD.
    Add-ons were wheel locks, mud guards, cargo net, cargo tray, and pin stripe.
    Note: no 0.9% financing is possible at these numbers. Paid cash.
  • I've updated my pricing on 08 EX's this week with multiple dealers and all the prices seem pretty high compared to other areas of the northeast and around the country. Anyone have an informed opinion of the following sales prices (these already take into account the $1,500 dealer cash available to customers who want to use the 0.9/2.9 financing but are not the OTD prices, which would include a 6% tax and $100 registration transfer)

Dealer 1: 25,414
    Dealer 2: 25, 514
    Dealer 3: 25, 899
    Dealer 4: 25,000
    Dealer 6: 25,400

I suspect these prices may be high because I tried to negotiate a trade in of a 1999 Odyssey as well; it appears dealers just add the "trade in value" to the purchase price of the new car as if we're getting nothing for the van we turn in?

I wanted to buy before today since the special financing ends this weekend. Anyone hear if that will be extended?
  • Price before TTL does not seem right. $28890 seems to equate to a $27 K price, not a $26 K price. Unless $26 K is the offer without financing. Still, this is better than what I saw in July. It seemed the prices were $1000 more in DFW than what could be achieved in other regions.
  • alic3alic3 Posts: 15
    Has anyone purchased recently for an EX-L RES here in southern cal...what prices have people paid? What dealerships are offering a good deal?
  • HI all,

I've been lurking since June. First post. Bought 2008 EX-L with RES from Route 23 Honda in Pompton Plains, NJ (via internet desk).

29,977 Base (including dest)
    1,958 Tax (7%, thanks Corzine)
    349 (Registration (4 yrs, another Jersey gem)
    188 Doc fee
    30,472 Out the door

Couldn't have been easier. Zero upsell, even with warranty/finance guy. Thanks to all for the information in the forum, its was extremely helpful and lessens the worry about getting ripped off.

Jeff
    Hi all,

I have been reading all the posts in this forum and thought I would share the figures on my recent purchase. I purchased an EX-L RES for:

Base including destination: 27188.00
    California Tax 7.75% : 2107.07
    Title and License: 263.75
    Document Prep fee: 55.00

Total out the door: 29,619.82 Paid Cash.

(We paid separately for the additional upgraded security system that kills the ignition for $350.00--whether this is worth it or not--don't really think so but we have it now so there you go).

I dealt with the Hardin Honda in Anahiem. They were FANTASTIC. I dealt with an internet sales manager. Friendly, and no pushy salesmen. You can send me a message at aliciapeet (at the shout out mail) and I will give you more information. Basically I printed out a figure from all the dealers and they said they would price match or beat it and it was the fastest transaction of less than two hours from the time we got there to the point of getting our keys. No pressure for any add ons which was great.

I don't know if this was a good deal but after two weeks of going back and forth with dealers online...I'm done!
  • mgavmgav Posts: 1
    Just closed on a brand new (7 miles total) 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L (no RES or NAV; not a demo model and never damaged or otherwise repaired) that was on the lot.

Joyce Honda - salesman whose one-syllable first name starts with Z and last name starts with T is a straight-shooter and we enjoyed working with him.

MSRP $32,210.00

Invoice $29,166.00
    Plus Destination/ Delivery Fee $670.00
    = $29,836.00

Less Honda Cash Incentive $2,500.00
    = $27,336.00

Less Dealer Holdback (2% of base MSRP = .02 * $32,210.00) = $644.00
    = $26,692.00

Purchased (cash) in stock car from Joyce Honda for $26,685.00 including $185.00 document fee and above-referenced delivery fee.

Plus 7% NJ Sales Tax, title and registration fees
  • Sorry typo on prior, should be 27,977 base, not 29,977. All else are correct.
    Hi all,

I have been reading all the posts in this forum and thought I would share the figures on my recent purchase. I purchased an EX-L RES for:

Base including destination: 27188.00
    California Tax 7.75% : 2107.07
    Title and License: 263.75
    Document Prep fee: 55.00

Total out the door: 29,619.82 Paid Cash.

(We paid separately for the additional upgraded security system that kills the ignition for $350.00--whether this is worth it or not--don't really think so but we have it now so there you go).

I dealt with the Hardin Honda in Anahiem. They were FANTASTIC. I dealt with an internet sales manager. Friendly, and no pushy salesmen. You can send me a message at aliciapeet (at the shout out mail) and I will give you more information. Basically I printed out a figure from all the dealers and they said they would price match or beat it and it was the fastest transaction of less than two hours from the time we got there to the point of getting our keys. No pressure for any add ons which was great.

I don't know if this was a good deal but after two weeks of going back and forth with dealers online...I'm done!
  • spark8spark8 Posts: 3
    Just bought an EX-L in Houston, TX. Here's the OTD:

29100.00 (OTD) inclusive of wheel locks, tinted windows, mud guards, spill tray in the rear, life time power train warranty, paint protection, fabric protection.

Paid cash and could not avail of the AHFC financing.

Would not recommend going to the "big" dealership in Katy. Obnoxious folks.
  • sababusababu Posts: 4
    Thank you all for your inputs. This forum is so helpful.

Here is what I paid in Texas. I really appreciate your comments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - ---------------------
    Trim : 2008 HONDA ODYSSEY EX-L with RES & NAV.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - ---------------------
    OTD : $33,133
    (Includes..
    7 Year/100,000 Bumper to Bumper extended warranty with $0 deductible.
    GAP Coverage.
    Honda 0.9% apr
    )
  • mameemamee Posts: 1
    Very happy. Just bought a new van for $30,000 otd with 2.9% financing from Honda. Its $29,000 otd if pay cash or your own financing from Landmark Honda. Excellent service.

Other 2 dealerships were matching the price, but this is closest. Herson's in MD countered offer with $28,800 otd, but got the reply late after I made the purchase.

Mamee :)
  • ffwuffwu Posts: 3
    sounds like a very good deal, which dealer?
  • I am getting this deal for 2008 Odyssey EX-L with RES near Dallas, TX:

MSRP: $33,810
    Invoice: $30,612
    Destination fee: $670
    OTD: $30,800 (Invoice minus $2500 + dest fee +TTL)
    Includes: Tint, splash guards, pin-stripe, cargo tray

My Questions:

1. Is this a good deal?

2. Is it true that if i get $2500 off from invoice(which i am getting) then i am not qualified for AHFC special finance of 2.9% for 60 months?

Dealer is asking for $1000 more for giving a better finance.

Please advise

Thanks!!
    Gillman, Schertz, TX
  • ffwuffwu Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info. I am wondering what's the OTD price if without
    7 Year/100,000 Bumper to Bumper extended warranty with $0 deductible.
    GAP Coverage.
    Honda 0.9% apr
    approx. $31,000
  • gluck51gluck51 Posts: 9
    Ztennis, wow, $25,558 for EX-L in the SF Bay Area! This is amazing. Is it OTD price? Could you share the information of the dealer that you got it from?

My email is gluck51@yahoo.com

Thanks.