Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,814
    edited July 2013
    Whether your comparing a 2011 to a 2012 Opposed to 2007 and 2008 Touring model your resale numbers still remain at almost 3000 difference between years. You have missed my point. If you could buy a 2014 model right now for invoice or below it makes more sense than the 2013 model. My numbers below still proves my point. As you keep the vehicle longer the numbers are probably 2k apart. Most people upgrade after 5 or 6 years on there Vehicles..

2007 touring driven 72k for 6 yrs= trade $14,997 Retail $17,930

2008 touring driven 72k for 5 yrs=trade $18,293 Retail $ 21,195

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Just picked up a new 2013 Odyssey EX-L (no RES or NAV) for $29,100 in upstate NY. Used the $750 Honda "flex cash" and 72 months 1.9% financing to get there.

OTD
    $29,100 Price of Van
    $271 for TTL
    $2388 for 8% NY State Sales Tax (includes tax on flex cash)
  • sammycccsammyccc Posts: 13
    Congratulation on your new purchase. Do you mind sharing the name of the salesperson or his/her contact? Do you know if there is any more available? Thanks.
  • ltlladyltllady Posts: 27
    In most states there is no penalty for paying an auto loan early. If a new car dealer suggests there is such a penalty it is probably best to look elsewhere for financing as that would suggest the dealer may not be trustworthy.
  • nj2013nj2013 Posts: 1
    I visited a dealer yesterday and they said they only have the car with additional package called
    millennium package which costs additional 699. Any idea what it is? Is it useful?
  • briko3briko3 Posts: 6
    I see it a little bit differently than you. For the price, I get a 2013 EX-l vs a 2014 LX. Compare those prices and see what the resale difference is. You get the best for your budget. If you want leather for a non-leather price, you get the 2013. If you go back to a 2008 ex-l vs a 2009 lx, the 2008 ex-l will be worth $4500 more even though it is a year older.
    edited July 2013
    I dont see your logic.. ..... If you are comparing price from one yr to the next.. Vehicles have to be the same model. Apples to Apples. This is how you judge to see if its worth buying old model to newer model thats out. If you cant afford the Odyssey to begin with you buy a 2013.

• dkk5dkk5 Posts: 1
    I am following this thread recently. Thanks to everyone who were posting their experiences. After reading the thread I got a good idea how much I need to pay. Here is my experience on recent purchase new Odyssey Touring 2013 on 07/08/2013 in Columbus, Ohio.

I got quotes from True car.com and one of the dealers Honda Marysville quoted for $3600. I got a better quote from a dealer from Cincinnati, but only $200.00 difference and I don’t want to make trip. I tried couple of other dealers who said initially can beat the other dealer price and after inform the price they said can’t. Finally on Monday I made a trip to Honda Marysville, met Jason from their internet team who was courteous and very professional. Finally he gave me the quote for $34750 after Honda flex cash. He even gave free all season mats. Even though I got the better pricing, but I have to compromise on color. Initially I want to buy polished metal metallic, there was only one left was Smoky Topaz Metallic and I went for it.

Here are the details:

MSRP: $42,360
    Price Paid: $34,500 (includes $750 Flex Cash)
    Free Accessories: $214 (all-weather mats)
    Tax: $2328.17
    Title/License: $41.00
    Doc Fee: $250

Total OTD: $37,120
    •
    I strongly recommend this dealer for any vehicle purchases.
  • sammycccsammyccc Posts: 13
    Price quote from AOL Autos Best Deal
    :P
    LX Passenger Van
    MSRP$28,825
    Invoice$26,366

EX Passenger Van
    MSRP$32,125
    Invoice$29,376

EX-L Passenger Van
    MSRP$35,625
    Invoice$32,569

Touring Passenger Van
    MSRP$41,880
    Invoice$38,274

Touring Elite Passenger Van
    MSRP$44,450
    Invoice$40,618
  • mdmurphmdmurph Posts: 1
    Purchased last Monday from Pohanka in Capital Heights, MD. Wardell was great to work with. If you are still looking to get a great deal done on the remaining 2013s, ask for him and tell him Murph sent you. Celestial Blue (no NAV or RES), .90 Financing and $30,500 OTD included all MD taxes, title and a very easy transaction.
  • cc183cc183 Posts: 2
    Performance Honda in Fairfield Ohio. Don't go there. Lied and mislead me. Check out the reviews on their own website and judge for yourself.
  • vanman123vanman123 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the current Honda Flex Cash program, for an 2014 Odyssey in Georgia is $750 or $500? A couple dealers have told me $500, although #30280 mentions $750. Are there regional differences, or differences based on model year?
  • shock01shock01 Posts: 2
    tdao, I'm not sure if you're looking for strictly an EX-L. I bought a Touring here in Atlanta a few weeks back from Willett Honda. Before I decided to go with that model, I considered an EX-L with Navi and one with RES. Since the price was right I went for the Touring.

In case you decide to "upgrade", here's the out the door price I was quoted from Joel (internet manager) for either EX-L with Navi or RES:

$32,695 (base)
    + $599.75 (dealer fee)
    + $2193.75 (taxes in Georgia)
    + $70 (title fee)
    ----------------
    $35,558.50

At the time, Honda flex cash lowered the price by $750 with financing. It sounds like now dealers are offering $500. So potentially, your final OTD price could be: $35,058.50

Good luck!
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Posts: 142
    I do not think there are any flex cash options on the 2014, its been out only 2 weeks and the 2013's need to go first.

That said unless you have to buy/lease NOW, the 2014 EX-L vs the 2013 for a small bump in MSRP offers some great improvements that will have me wait for the 2014 model year to be in full swing with Honda.
    The 2014 EX-L now adds 6 speed auto transmission, lane departure warning, right side camera (similar to Accord) and the touch screen radio interface (similar to Accord)... The front nose refresh is nice too
    Hidy honda, and Waikem Honda have been good on pricing over the years in Ohio. Try to make a deal with them at the end of the month.

• Please let me know if anyone has bought 2013 odyssey ex-l or ex-l with RES recently. If yes, what was the total price paid including TTL.
  • tdaotdao Posts: 3
    thanks shock! i think the prices are fluctuating from week to week. seems like some of these dealers are playing dirty games. one dealer told me they had no more 2013 and tried to sell me a 2014 EX-L for 2000+ ABOVE MSRP. Can you believe that??

I'm still not at the price I want so I'm gonna hold out.
  • I have a quote from one dealer in writing with a $250 deposit:

2013 Odyssey Touring
    Base: 35,295
    Fees/Options: $254.50
    Hondacare 8 yr/120k: 1464.23
    Tax: 2286.27
    TOTAL: $39,300

First off, is that good considering it has the extended warranty included?

And secondly, I'm using that quote to make sure no other local dealer can beat it or get me a better vehicle for that price. But one of them not only wanted me to scan the quote and send it over, but now wants the dealerships name so they can look up the stock number? Is that necessary? Should I tell them to take a hike?

Thanks!
  • Also, the dealer we went to didn't know anything about Simonize? Can it be bought after-market? And does anyone here have a positive review of it? The reviews online that we've read haven't been good.
  • bigtxbigtx Posts: 16
    Id go with it. That is a good price and the hondacare pricei s very close to cost. The other dealer is trying to do what happened to me a couple of cars ago, do a dealer swap or reserve it using a different sales person putting the car you want on that dealers lot...I would not share that info.
  • superman30superman30 Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    What state are you in? I'm in Florida and negotiated $33,750 over the Internet on a 2013 Honda Touring, only when I finalized the deal is when I drove to the dealer., I made it PERFECTLY clear to all nine dealers I received pricing from that I "DID NOT or WILL NOT PAY" for the dealers add-on (aka Dealer RipOff) sticker. Taxes are based where you live, there was however a dealer fee of $699, and Tax/Tag etc. Overall, I felt it was a good deal.

PS, this price also included the $830 destination Fee, and $750 Flex Cash was utilized for taking the Honda Financial at 0.9 Interest :shades:
  • odysseysdodysseysd Posts: 4
    I googled simonize and it seems it has something to do with shine and sheen. I'm guessing they're going to wash and wax your car.

I wouldn't get it. Tell them to take it off. Any addons I wouldn't pay for. I didn't even like paying for the $80 doc fee but I did because it wouldn't have been worth the haggling to get it off. That's how they get you by wearing you down.
    Remember the most powerful thing you can do is say no thanks and start walking out. One time I stopped to use the restroom and when I came out, the salesmen asked me to come back to the cubicle to talk more.

ps. did you ask them what simonizing was?
  • indusaindusa Posts: 1
    That is a super price. Where in Florida are you and which dealer did you get the price from? does this include the destination charge of 850 $.
  • grndstnygrndstny Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Anyone in socal having any luck? Looking for a 2013 ex-l and no one seems to be willing to play ball. Got a really good price using truecar but a google search showed that dealer uses that tactic to bait and switch and its too far to drive and take a chance.
  • vtoomuvtoomu Posts: 3
    I negotiated an EXL in Alexandria, VA with NC taxes and tags for $30,300 on the road. Dealers in my local Raleigh, NC area were unwilling to come down to lower than $31,600. I'm going to pick up the car tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
  • tdaotdao Posts: 3
    Hey grndstny, what was was the selling price, taxes, doc fee, etc for that EX-L that you got? Can you break it down for me?

Plus, what dealership did you get it at and who did you talk to. That sounds like a good price and I'm willing to make the trip to get that price.
  • grndstnygrndstny Posts: 3
    That was vtoomu not me. Im still fishing for a deal.
  • kingmeatkingmeat Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Knowing how long you will keep the vehicle is critical in your decision making. I have had my last 5 vehicles for 10 years or more so purchasing my 2013 EXL at $28500 vs a 2014 at $33500 makes perfect sense. And this does not even factor the interest you are going to pay on the additional $5000!

This is info I pulled from KBB tonight:
    2003 EXL 120000 miles $7211
    2004 EXL 120000 miles $8082
    Both vehicles private party value and rated "very good" condition.
  • wcbuddywcbuddy Posts: 1
    Hi all. Just let everyone know I was quoted at Avery Greene Honda near the SF Bay Area $28,834 for a 2013 EX-L. I got the local dealer in Monterey to match. After reviewing the options (color, safety, transmission) on the 2014, however, I picked up a 2014 EX-L (in the new blue color) for $32,988. I got an additional $500 for military and $500 for the new graduate program at Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA for a total of $31,988. (No TTL included in any price)

Great experience at Anderson Honda with Kyle as a salesperson.
  • rgeniecrgeniec Posts: 1
    Was the $37,300 including the destination charge of $800 or so?