Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm looking to purchase a 2014 Odyssey EX-L in southern California. The Costco auto program lists the invoice as 32,500 and I'm hoping to get an out the door price around 33,000. Are my hopes too high?

I've just received two OTD quotes for around 37k.

Thanks,
    -Matt
  • Is it true that dealerships are getting over invoice on the 2014 touring elites? I'm getting my first Honda (getting rid of Toyota) and it appears that the touring elites are hard to come by...the dealerships here seem to only get a couple a month and they are selling quickly.

Not sure so thought I'd ask here...thank you...
  • hondaody2013exhondaody2013ex Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Got Ex for $27, 800 + dealer fee + Tax + Tag + Title in Tampa, FL. Also got .9 % 36 months financing from Honda.

Came with dealer installed options: Nitrogen Filled Tires, Pin Stripes, Wheel locks, Cargo Tray.

2014 Ex is nice and has more new features, but not worth extra $3000 plus as dealers are not negotiating much for 2014.
  • I bought 2013 EX in Tampa for $27, 800 + dealer fee + tax + Tag + Title... There aren't many Ex left. There is $1500 dealer cash and .9% financing available from Honda. You'll pay at minimum $3000 more for a 2014.
  • osrosr Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy Honda Odyssey EX 2014 for 30500....and also here they are saying the APR for 36 or 60 months is 2.4% from Honda. Please share me your views regarding this price..is it good price or else will get lower than that. I am located at San Diego.
  • Hi, i bought mine 2014 Odyssey Ex-l for 33, 761. I have to ask the dealers in the area and ask if they can beat their prices.
  • I have mine 2014 Exl Odyssey out the door price here in Virginia Hampton Roads for 33, 761.
  • osrosr Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Today bought Honda 2014 EX with Pro-Pack for 30,011 (includes destination)+ tax and used Honda finance for 2.49% for 60 months
  • Just came home with the 2014 Odyssey Touring about 5 days ago. I don't understand why we have to go through the song-and-dance of buying a car through a dealer anymore. Most of the time, I'm better informed than the salesman. We need to move beyond the delaership model. Enough ranting... here's some info to empower fellow shoppers:

Caveat: This deal includes a trade: 2 different dealerships and the local Carmax gave me the exact same offer on my trade-in... there was no variation on the trade-in value. Take that into consideration for the other numbers I have below. Here is the breakdown:

16,500 trade-in (3 different dealers were offering exact same on trade-in)
    38,550 base price incl $500 flexcash
    199 processing fee
    1743 - TTL (tax, title, etc)
    259 body molding
    476 roof rail
    85 edge guards
    139 splash guards
    1065 trailer hitch

OTD at $42,376

PS. I love this forum (Edmunds Prices Paid)!
  • Can you tell us which dealership you used to get that price? I'm looking for 2014 Odyssey exl with nav or possible touring model in Northeast.
  • Woww.....this is a superb price....2014 EX-L for $33.6 OTD ? Could you share the dealer name and contact name please?
  • That was at Harrisonburg Honda in zipcode 22801
  • evdaevda Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Just checking to see what folks have been quoted recently for Odyssey Touring or Touring Elite in the greater Seattle area. I am now beginning the shopping process. Thanks!
  • evdaevda Posts: 2
    How did you start your negotiation with them? Did you have a competing offer that they went below? I'm in the Seattle and sensing that the market is tight here so might be looking elsewhere. Thanks!
  • I'm in NY as well, which dealership did you get that price from?
  • Hi clifford09,

I'm in Raleigh area as well and interested in the very same car as you just bought. May I ask at which dealership did you get your car? It would be very helpful, thanks a lot!
  • Here in Hampton Roads, VA. Confidential for the dealer. Before you buy, shop around and ask their OTD, then walk out. Do it online, that's what I did, All negotiation is done online, we test drive at our nearest dealer. Bought it 30 miles away from the dealer close to me. I ask otd for several dealers. Three responded with their quote price.
  • I just got my 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L for $31,998 ( the price includes door edging, all season mats, wheel locks) plus destination fee, title, tax in Illinois, documentation fee.
  • Did you finance with Honda, and if so did this price include any flex cash?
  • I just got 2014 Odyssey EX-L in Illinois. $31,998 ( the price includes edging, wheel locks, and all weather mats) plus title, destination fee, tax in Illinois, documentation fee $165.
  • I finance with Honda; 1.9% for 60 months. $32,200 - their Credit $200, final price $31,998 (including what I mentioned before).
  • $37,709 ($515 below invoice)

$830 destination charge
    $164 doc fee
    $145 lic/ttl/tags

Used TrueCar to get the price quote
  • jiujiujiujiu Posts: 3
    Hi Has anybody bought or got a quote on a 2014 Odyssey EX-L with Navigation system in the Chicago area? I am now in the market for one. Thanks much!
    May I know the name of the dealership? Thanks!
    Hi Did you end up purchasing the 2014 EX-L w/ navi? If so how much did it cost oTd? Also which dealership? I am in the market for the same model in the Chicago area too. Thanks in advance for sharing.
  • May I ask which dealership you got the 32k OTD price for a 2014 EX-L? I'm looking for that exact car in the Chicago land area, thanks!
  • Used USAA to get quote for Norther California. Dealer agreed to Ex-L with Navi for 34.2K+TTL. Hope to purchase on Friday.
  • Hello,

I have finalized 2014 Odyssey EXL withour RES and Navigation for $35,500 out the door in New Jersey. They will offer life time oil change and car wash.

I tried shopping around and the lowest quote i got was this despite two weeks worth of negotiations.

Is this too much or good buy..

Venkat
  • vk_vanvk_van Posts: 8
    Hi vkalyanam, Congrats on your new purchase. Did the dealer provide any accessories in that price please. Also, could you provide the dealer name and any contact name if possible. That seems to be a good price.