Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vehicle selling price: 40,250 + sales + tag+ documentation fee = 42k i paid

Is this a good price ?

Honda care extended warranty for 1560$
    also got Honda service plan for 1050$

are these good price as well ?
  • When looking at a Honda, please be advised of the oil consumption issue that has led to a class action suit in October 2103 with details at http://settlement-claims.com/enginemisfire/. I have a 2010 Odyssey that consumed 3.85 quarts of oil through the dealership’s oil consumption test. Honda did a computer upgrade, but it still consumed 1.5 quarts in less than 4,000 miles. The official word from Honda was relayed to me 11/4/13 by a service manager at Classic Honda in Streetsboro, Ohio: Honda does not feel my issue warrants repairs at this time even though it has 53K miles and is still covered by the power train warranty. In other words, they indirectly told me to buy oil in bulk and deal with the issue myself. This settlement will reimburse customers for previous expenses and extend the power train warranty to 8 years, but they do not seem willing to actually fix the problem for me. Bottom line, this settlement proves to me that Honda was well aware of the issue with the 6 cylinder VCM engines for a long time, and now they do not feel the need to stand behind the product they sold me. I wish I had bought a Toyota or Chrysler. Buyers beware!
  • When looking at a Honda, please be advised of the oil consumption issue that has led to a class action suit in October 2103 with details at http://settlement-claims.com/enginemisfire/. I have a 2010 Odyssey that consumed 3.85 quarts of oil through the dealership’s oil consumption test. Honda did a computer upgrade, but it still consumed 1.5 quarts in less than 4,000 miles. The official word from Honda was relayed to me 11/4/13 by a service manager at Classic Honda in Streetsboro, Ohio: Honda does not feel my issue warrants repairs at this time even though it has 53K miles and is still covered by the power train warranty. In other words, they indirectly told me to buy oil in bulk and deal with the issue myself. This settlement will reimburse customers for previous expenses and extend the power train warranty to 8 years, but they do not seem willing to actually fix the problem for me. Bottom line, this settlement proves to me that Honda was well aware of the issue with the 6 cylinder VCM engines for a long time, and now they do not feel the need to stand behind the product they sold me. I wish I had bought a Toyota or Chrysler. Buyers beware!
  • stallion_vstallion_v Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    Dealers sell it at a much higher price.
    I got it at similar prices but contacted
    Www.Collegehillshonda.com
    lynn@collegehillshonda.com
    And got care @ 840 and maintenance @ 735 4yr/48k

This after research. There are others as well like sacchuchi

They will help you cancel your current contracts and get these new ones,
    Hope this help you save some greens
  • So far I have gotten numbers in the same range. $37,xxx (including destination). Have only gotten a few dealers to detail those offers.
  • Honday Odyssey EX-L with RES in NY

35773.58 price
    21310 residual

489/month

paying Docs/DMV/1st payment/Bank Fee up front
  • pristine11pristine11 Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Vehicle selling price: 38300 (includes destination fee)
    -$500 flex cash financing through Honda (seems to be dealer specific)
    OTD: 40768.52 (6% sales tax)
  • I should have had you do the negotiating for me. I am at $500 more.
    38,800 for Touring (includes destination)
    No flex because I skipped the Honda financing
    I got a few extras with a x-bars, roof rack and cargo tray, but i prefer your price!!
  • That is lower than my deal by about 700 bucks. I think it is pretty good.
  • I am from the Maryland area. This seems to be a very good price.
    Can you give us more details?

Was the OTD price exactly 42K?
    Do you need to finance to get this price?
    Did the dealer apply any special incentives such as new grad, military etc.?
    Can you share the dealer name with us?

Thank you very much for sharing this.
  • What dealership did you get that price? I'm also looking for EX-L in NY.
  • Purchased: 11-8-13
    Dealer: Bernardi Honda, Natick, MA
    Trim: 2014 Honda Odyssey, EX-L
    Vehicle Price: $32,199 (including destination and wheel locks)
    Doc fee: $353
    Dealer installed accessories: $695 for ResistAll
    State Tax @ 6.25%: $2056
    Registration fee: $125
    Flex Cash: -$500
    No trade in
    OTD Price: $34,927

I think I did well, at least better than what TrueCar's best price was.
  • Hello all,

Purchased: 10/28/13
    Dealer: Freeman Honda, Dallas TX
    Trim: 2014 Honda Odyssey, Touring in Modern Steel Metallic (Gray)
    Vehicle Price: $38,219 (including destination and accessories)
    All fees: $341
    Dealer installed accessories included in price: Wheel locks, door edge guard, cargo tray.
    State Tax 6.25%: $2388
    OTD Price: $40,950

I think I could have pushed and gotten it down another $500 or so, but I had been shopping for a long time, and it wasn't worth the stress. At the time, this was a very good price in my area.

As a reminder, beware of the finance office. I caught them in several actual lies, "typo's" and one case of the finance manager coming in to "see if he could save me some money" and also sell me "value protection" aka an extended warranty. He lowered the interest rate by .25%, and changed some of the sales numbers. When I refused the deal, they raised the interest rate back to 1.9%, but left all of the inflated numbers. The regular finance lady just pushed it through and kept asking me to sign before I could review the document. "I don't want to take up any more of your time." Thankfully, I took the time to carefully review and do all the math and found the inflation. It was about $1800, and was surprisingly well hidden because of the down payment and document layout.

Hope this helps!
  • bostonqtbostonqt Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    Purchased: 11-10-13
    Dealer: Bernardi Honda, Natick, MA
    Trim: 2014 Honda Odyssey EX
    Vehicle Price: $29,392 (including destination)
    Doc fee: $352
    Dealer installed accessories:none
    State Tax 6.25%: $1837
    Registration fee: $100
    Flex Cash: -$500
    OTD Price: $31,181

This was based on the "internet special" quote, which was only a few dollars less than the TrueCar price.
  • Purchased 11/05/2013 at Ball Honda in National City
    2014 EX-L w/ Navigation in Smoky Topaz w/ Truffle interior
    Price included door edge guards, wheel locks, trunk mat, splash guards
    $35,148 (invoice + $830 for destination)
    $2,818.24 Sales tax (8%)
    $80 Doc Fee
    $20 Electronic filing fee
    $228 License
    $97 Registration
    $8.75 CA tire fee

$38,399.99 OTD, drive off cost.

Dealer secured financing at 1.49% x 66 months through my preferred credit union. This price was the best offer I found among the 4 different dealers I talked with, but I am a prior customer at Ball Honda and was told that is why they met my request to sell at invoice + destination. It was a good experience and I found the staff helpful (my thanks to Chris, Jose, and Jim in finance). Maybe I could have saved a few more bucks, but at the end of the day, my wife loves the car and we feel we were treated very fairly.
  • Finally bought the 2014 black exterior/gray interior EX-L. Here's the breakdown of what I paid:
    $32,825 baseprice incl. $830 D&H
    $249 Doc fees
    $2300 Sales Tax
    $401 DMV fees
    $7 - tire tax
    - $500 Flex Cash (did financing to get this)
    Total of $35,282 OTD price
    Got free wheel locks along with this price.
    - Paid separately for $125 for Cargo tray.
    -Also got the 8 year/120K $0 deductible Honda Care extended warranty for $1400. Got a separate quote from another Honda dealer for $1345 mentioned in this forum but really liked this dealership so not going to change it through another dealer most likely.
    - Got free oil change and car wash for life (take it for what's it worth, but their lounge for customer wait et al. is on par with Acura dealerships so will be taking the car to service there)

Another point to mention, although my OTD was $35,282 and a decent deal (at least from what I have read here) I also had another internet quote from another dealer (a bit far away from where I am) for $34,950 OTD and didn't had the color in stock. I thought this dealership absolutely terrific in service and dealing with the customer and hence didn't hesitated to pay them few bucks more. Manager was a no BS guy when it came to pricing and sales person was extraordinary with his service, even dropped the new car to my home!

Good luck to everyone in their hunt!
  • That's a good deal...free oil change and car wash for life --> is this mean as long as you own the car?.

Can you please share the dealer name?
  • Yep, as long as I own the car get the oil change/car wash. This is Honda of Princeton dealership
  • pbunzpbunz Posts: 3
    Got a quote $43800 OTD in Houston, TX area. Accessories including window tint, wheel locks, cargo tray, splash guards. Is this a good deal ? Not sure if I should wait til around Dec for better deal. What do you guys think?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    i think people aren't going to take the time to break down the deal for you. What is the actual purchase price of the vehicle and what add-ons were included in the OTD price? Sales tax, dealer fees and other added expenses affect the deal significantly...
  • pbunzpbunz Posts: 3
    Sales Price $40,000.00
    Destination $830.00
    Sales Tax (6.25%) $2,500
    Inventory Tax $150.00
    Title/Reg. fee $131.00
    Doc. Fees $189.00
    Drive Out $43800

Add-ons included were mentioned in previous post, which are window tint, wheel locks, cargo tray, splash guards.

What do you think?
  • I am ready to get the Touring Elite at Spreen but the price is so much lower than every other dealership. Can you share your experience? Did they try to switch and bait you? Or was it fairly painless?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    Your price seems to be $618 below invoice plus some free options, so call it $1k under. I've seen TE deals on here for $2k under but they included flex cash of $500. The best price I've been offered is 39.3k including freight and flex cash (effectively $1500 less than yours). I'd wait until the end of the month and hit him for another grand plus flex. There aren't many buyers Thanksgiving weekend so it's historically a good time. IMHO, the best time is Christmas week...empty dealerships and year-end closeout. I will probably hit my local dealer again on the 26th and let him know I'll be driving past all the NO VA dealers enroute to Thanksgiving in NY. That's usually good enough for a few hundred off.
  • Can you let me know the dealership in dc area providing $37,xxx (including destination) - please? I'm getting $39,5xx including destination. Thanks!
  • an_01an_01 Posts: 1
    2014 EXL-RES in Modern Steel Metallic:
    Price $34,500 (including destination charge, roof rack and cross-bars as add-ons, and minus Flex Cash). Also got the 6 year/100K $0 deductible Honda Care extended warranty for $1400.

This message board is incredibly helpful and I wouldn't have secured the deal that I did without the available research and buying experiences. Thanks to everyone for sharing.
  • Just bought a new Odyssey EX 2014 in Maryland on Nov 16th 2013.

Vehicle price: 28771.75 (including the destination)
    Title: 144
    Electronic Registration: 20
    Sales tax (6%): 1738.25
    License fee: 187
    Dealer processing fee: 199
    Financing: 5000 (0.9% interest) through Honda Finance to qualify for the $500 flex rebate
    Out-to-door price: 31060-500 (flex) =30560
    Included free accessories: fenderwell trim, door guards, splash guards, and wheel locks.
  • Is this price with or without trade-in? Please provide the dealer name.

Have you by any chance got quote for EX-L?
  • I got mine for 42K out of door. I did not cared what the sale price was and what service charges were. I wanted out of door for that much and I got it. Do not buy maintenance and care from them as they give you at higher price I am trying to cancel mine and get it from

Www.Collegehillshonda.com
    lynn@collegehillshonda.com
  • Yes it was exactly 42k.

There was no grad, military incentive on this.

He gave me 500$ for doing financing with him.

I also took honda care and maintenance with them and that is pissing me off as they charge double on those 2 and now i am finding it difficult to cancel them. So I paid around 1500$ extra on those.