Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jason143jason143 Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    No trade-in. No rebate.
  • Please provide the dealership name.
  • Hi,
    Is this in Northern VA region and is this the OTD price or just the price of the car and then added sales tax, title, tags and any dealer processing fees? I got a quote of $34,320 + taxes + processing fees etc. but I do not know about any extra accessories. This is for EX-L RES.

Please let me know.
  • Hi,

can you please email me the dealer's and the sale man?
    my email is butterflies105@yahoo.com

Thank you,
  • We just bought a 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring with Celestial Blue exterior and Gray interior yesterday for $40,637 OTD in Bay Area (Avery Green Honda in Vallejo, CA). Sales price was $37,107 plus tax. Included splash guards, wheel locks and door edge protectors. The sales person was Don Tolentino. Good guy. Got the 1.9% APR for 60 months.

He actually gave me a price of 36,607 plus tax but could not give me the 1.9 APR. So, we went with the 37,107 offer. We probably could have gotten it a bit cheaper at another dealership but they did not have the color we wanted. We did not take any extended warranties. I had to drive about 200 miles to get it, but totally worth it, as the local dealers were asking for $2000+ more. We are totally happy with the purchase.

SG
  • infiniti11infiniti11 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I'm negotiating with a dealer and the price we are at now is 27,195 for 2011 EX-L with 36,000 miles on it. It also a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. Is that a fair price or should I try to knock it down further? Whats the best way to negotiate with dealers over email if I want to knock it down further?
  • SG, can you give a breakdown of the $37,107 OTD price? Also, you mentioned that you could have gotten it a bit cheaper at another dealership, which one is that?

Thanks.
  • Hi,

We are looking at buying the 2014 (because apparently there aren't any 2013 EXL's left in Ca) Odyssey EXL w/out res or navi and was quoted $35k without taxes and license and another quote for $32,775 (without navigation or res). We live in Orange County, Ca - Can I ask you where you got this price for the EX-L w/Res plus the 250k warranty? It appears to be SO much better than what we are seeing, thank you!
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    I just bought my fifth Odyssey yesterday. I previously owned three TEs and an EX before Touring models existed. Although I looked hard at the Touring and Elite, I couldn't see the extra $4-6K in value over the EX-L Nav. I bought the van at Priority Honda in Hampton and they were fantastic with two exceptions: First, the Doc fee was $599! Sick! Second, the finance manager tried to sell me a "Platinum Protection Package" that would have bumped the monthly payment $150 for 60 months! That makes the cost was $9,000! I hope very few people fall for it. With Honda financing 60 months at 1.9%, the numbers were:

MSRP: $38455
    Invoice: $35,223
    Sales Price: $34,222
    Less Flex Cash: $500
    Doc fee: $599

So, actual cost was $34,321 plus TTL with free cargo mat thrown in. the deal also includes lifetime engine warranty and free oil chnages for life.

I received reasonable value for my trade in...more than Car Max but less than Edmunds T/I value.
  • I am looking to purchase a Honda Oddys 2014 Touring Elite. I have been quoted a sales price of 40,039 without tag/title/tax…(Milwaukee Area) Dealer said "drive off price" would be approx. 42,743

Is this a good deal??
    You can buy a new EX-L for about $4k more. So, why would you think of buying one that is already three years old? If you buy the new one, you'll make up for it in higher value at trade-in and through better standard features (e.g. 6-speed transmission). If I were looking at a 2011, I'd expect at least 25-30% off original MSRP ($24-25ish).
  • Anyone bought a TE 2014 in the NY/CT/NJ area recently? What are your experiences/ price break downs and dealership? TIA

Got quoted the following price for 2014 Touring Elite: selling:$43188 + fees + NY tax 8.125%= $47094 OTD incl roof rack, cross bars, mats, and splash guards.
  • Just picked up my 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L with navigation. Here is my breakdown:

$34125 -vehicle
    $75 -doc fee
    $12.50 -Tire waste fee
    plus tax and dmv fee

I think I got a good deal?
    I bought my EX-L Navi last week. The purchase price was $33,722 with the $500 flex cash deducted and rear cargo mat thrown in. However, I paid a ridiculous $599 doc fee. I think the best I could have done was about $400 better, but my trade-in allowance was strong.

Bottom line: I think you did very well.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,196
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2013-14 Honda Odyssey, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• We're getting ready to buy our first real car (rest have been highschool/college cars, under $2000 in value).

We want to get a Honda Odyssey 2010, we found a great deal but the car facts showed its had an accident.

It's an EX-L, Leather, RES, 40k~ miles.

Considering the accident, how much should we be offering? There price seems just under what it would be w/o accident, but I'm thinking they're asking price is high now.

Thanks!
  • Just bought the 2014 Odyssey EX through the Costco car program. Their price around here is Invoice price, but the dealer had a special for Black Friday and the price was 942 below Invoice. Price before TTL was 29264. No financing, trade-ins, or other warranty purchases. Not a fantastic deal, but not bad, considering this was a no haggle, 5 minute deal - call, get price. Come in, give driver's license, insurance paperwork (had to wait a couple hours for the color vehicle we wanted to be transferred from another dealer - free of charge), come back and pay for it, and drove it home. Nice, easy, and decent pricing without any headaches, increased blood pressure, or aggrevation.
  • pricewpricew Posts: 18
    After lot of looking best deal I found in Plano, Frisco, Dallas area = Base 32,600 + ttl

with (Includes Destination and Handling and Dealer Added Equipment. Equipment consists of: Honda splash guards, Honda cargo tray, window tint, door/edge molding and Honda wheel locks)

Thanks
  • 1) Is this a good price for 2014 Odyssey EX-L with Navi in the Los Angeles area / Southern California area?

$34,150 (includes destination) Less $500 (Honda financing) = Net $33,650 Plus tax and license

2) Also, seeking recommendation for extended warranty 7/100,000 or 8/120,000

3) Pls advise where to check for inventory availability online. Was advise production is limited and prices may go up in Jan 2014. Is this true?

Thanks!
    I think $33,650 is a very good price. I paid $33,722 with a free cargo mat last week. I figure that I could have done about $400-500 better, but the trade-in allowance was strong. Speaking of trade-in allowance, that and other factors are probably the biggest determinants of whether or not you got a good deal. The best price for a new car is easily offset by low trade-in allowances or overpriced add-ons.
  • I bought it this weekend for 32K which included $500 flex cash, paid $600 for few assessories so $32,600, out of door with tax and fees was 35,400. (which included doc fee of $250)

I think I could have brought it down $500 or so. I feel I paid little more. let me know what you think..
    Even insurance companies have started to recognize "diminished value" for vehicles that have been in accidents, so there should be a significant price reduction (30%?).

I wouldn't buy a car that I knew was in an accident---especially not the car I will be carrying my family around in. You never know just how severe the accident was or how well the vehicle was fixed. In fact, our family cars have been rear-ended twice (MDX and Odyssey) and we traded both within days of receiving them back from the shop. We traded them due to safety concerns (although both were minor accidents) and to avoid the inevitable Carfax hit.
  • I too have the same problem with my 2010 Odyssey. A spark plug failed back in June and the repaired the vehicle. Since then, I've had to refill the engine with about a quart of oil after driving an approximate 200 mile trip. I took the vehicle in and they have asked me to drive it another 200 miles in town and bring it back. But, I'm realizing that it's not the "in town" driving causing the issue, it's the longer trips at higher speeds. I got the settlement claims form in the mail the other day and sent it off, but didn't see how the oil issue is related to it. Is it mentioned in the settlement?
  • 1 of my local dealerships has the above vehicle listed on it's website for a cost of $34,958 (with several to chose from). This is $100 above factory invoice according to my research, which would be a great deal.

I doubt they'll negotiate any on this price, but what do I need to be aware of in contacting the dealer and finalizing the purchase? Will they likely increase the "dealer fees" to make up for a low purchase price?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    Please take the time to read the last few dozen posts. Nobody is paying anywhere near invoice, much less $100 over. My deal in November on the EX-L Navi was $1500 UNDER invoice, so $100 sounds like a rip-off to me. December is the best time to buy and $2,000 under invoice is not an outrageous target during Christmas week.
  • Thanks for the response. I'll look closer at the posts, but only 2 of the 4 most recent posts on the EX-L w/ RES were for under invoice, and the most was $500 below invoice.
    I'm in southern VA, an area not known for aggressive dealerships. The worst offer I received was $700 under invoice when I requested internet quotes from my four local dealers (after the first round of "What are you, nuts?"). Every dealer in the DC area was at least $1,000 under invoice. If you finance through the dealer (60 months at 1.9%) you can get the $500 flex cash. If you're not trading in a vehicle, you could simply make your best offer to all your local dealers and tell them it's valid until 12/31. If you can't get it for at least $1,000 under, then you're not typing fast enough or you live in a totally non-competitive area and might need to travel a little. I've bought five Odysseys since 2001 and only paid more than invoice once (when the 2001 Ody was the hottest car on the planet and I lived in HI--the least competitive market in the US).

EX-L RES is a very hard sell these days--especially around Christmas when all the kids are getting their IPads. Good luck!
  • Great, I appreciate the advice! I'll keep you all updated.
  • tanstans Posts: 2
    Hi, can you share which (Milwaukee area) dealer, and if you went ahead with the purchase, and if your experience was good. Thanks.
  • Team,

Just wanted to check to see if this was a fair deal?

2014 Odyssey EX - L For $30748

This is being offered by a couple of Chicago dealers. Does not have any add on. The documentation fee is around $150 + tax, title and registration.

Thanks in advance for the feed back !