Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rrr3rrr3 Posts: 2
    I am getting EX-L for $28,100 OTD at NJ. Did any one get better price? If so, can you tell price and dealer name? Thanks.
  • Thanks for responding. How much did you pay at Steven's Creek? Can you please share Salesman name. I had got a quote of 29500 OTD there, even though I said I will use my own financing.

The price that you have mentioned at Southbay honda is pretty high.

If you notice on this forum, in other regions there are people who have bought close to 28k.
  • truth3truth3 Posts: 2
    Could you tell me the price except TTL? thanks
  • Anyone hear about the lack of a safety feature on Honda that allows the hood to crash through the windshield in a head on accident. A Nissan dealer showed me 2 hooks that are on all Nissans and Hyndais for that matter that are meant to prevent this from happening. Told of a horror story of a woman this had happened to. Again, 2 metal hooks that prevent hood from crashing through windshield... any familiar with this issue? :confuse:
  • Hi acurabuyer1, I paid 29740 OTD. Sounds like a decent deal at 29500 - wondering if they still have any inventory left, the sales guy said I have the last one.. (I left some money ont he table this round, oh well) I don't think it matters to any of the sales guys if you go with Honda financing or pay with cash, that special subsidized financing is coming out of corporate Honda. Take advantage of the 0.9 or 2.9, it's such a good deal in this credit crunch..
  • Guys...

Bottomline Dealer price for

EX-L is $23,499

EX is $20,600

This Excludes Destination..

If you can get close to this You got a DEAL.

Don't ask me where and How I got it..
  • Since I found this thread so helpful in knowing what I should ask for - here are my numbers which will hopefully help some of you.

26,000 Base Price plus destination
    2080 - NY Sales tax
    75 - Motor Vehicle fees
    45 - Document fee
    -------------------------------
    28,200 - OTD

I used the donkey punch method - emailed 15 dealers in and around upstate NY. Asked for EX-L with RES for 25K + TTL (shot low to see where it got me). Most came back around 27,500 - one dealer came back with 26,500 and we emailed them back to ask if they would do two for 26 (sister was ready to buy one too), which they agreed to. Emailed most other dealers to see if they could beat but noone could and a couple told me that the dealership was jerking me around and wouldn't actually sell it to us for that price or it wouldn't have the RES. I'm happy to say I brought it home tonight and it was the easiest car purchase I have ever made. No surprises, no upselling of warranties or accessories. Got the 2.9% financing too. Feel like I got a good deal and hope you guys do too.
  • Hi wslcarbuyer: Congrats on your purchase! That's definitely a great deal. Would you mind sharing the dealer's name? I am in upstate NY as well and helping my brother get an EX-L. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! -MK
  • Would you be willing to share the dealership name?

I have been looking for about a month and that price is just a few hundred dollars above what I have been quoted for an EX-L.

Thanks
  • rrr3rrr3 Posts: 2
    2008 Odessey EX-L 26 K + TAX+Reg fee = 28,100. Anyone getting less than this?
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Posts: 223
    Bell Honda. Last 4 digits of number to call were 2043.
  • truth3truth3 Posts: 2
    Almost the same. I got one $25925+TTL
  • Dsrtrat - thank you very much.
  • Wow things are hopping out there. I've been offered $32,149 by two Minnesota dealers for the Touring w/o Pax (only other fees are $75 Doc and TTL). One Chicago dealer offered me $32,299 touring w/o Pax (only other fees are $150 Doc and TTL). The two Minnesota dealers are offering me Black/Black combination that is very rare itself. If you need names, let me know.
  • sh34sh34 Posts: 2
    I got a quote from PotamkinHonda.com in NYC for the 08 Ody Ex-L for $25216.
    I estimate OTD around 28k.. on the phone they seem desperate to sell in this market. GM is going bankrupt and buyers are scared to spend so much money during a depression.. lastly, credit is hard to get. I think you can push for $24900 + TTL + delivery fee + DMV fee
  • Hi Yfong94108

What I have found out is that the Bay area Honda dealers are arrogant even if it means that they don't sell any. They still want you to come and negotiate which I clearly don't want to do. I want to limit my interaction with them.

Their favorite statement is "go get your best price and I will still beat it". When I ask for their price, there is no response. Most of them seem to give over 30300 Out of the door price.

I have decided not to buy an Odyssey for now. The 2009 price is ridiculously high. Will wait for the better deals during holidays. I don't think many dealers are selling anyway with the way the economy is. Honda has to come out with better deals.

Thanks
  • themantheman Posts: 2
    Thank you from the ref message# 20591. I got my 08 Odyssey EX-L at Herson Honda at Rockville Maryland. This is a very FIRST time which I met a wonderful saleslady whose name is Ginny Marshall. We dealt very much mainly via email then follow up by the call. There was 100% no hassle. I came to the dealer the paper work were ready for me to sign. I did a test drive, checked the car. That was it. I got it. No waiting or nagging time !!!
    Anyone lives in Maryland. I strongly suggest you to come to Herson Honda to meet Ginny. Normally, we have to stay at the dealer nagging nagging from 3 to 6 hours before you leave the dealer with headache and upset which I experienced a few times before with my other cars ..
  • Hi sh34:

If you decided to go with Potamkin Honda, I would strongly encourage you to ask for George N. when you get there. He's really very, very nice, straight-forward, and not "pushy" at all. Very highly recommended. They have a lot of cars in stock, so you may be able to get an even better deal when you get there.

By the way, I bought an 08 Touring (Silver, No Pax) from them in a hassle-free process. I paid $33,135 for the car (32264 cash price + 670 dest + 250 doc fees) + $145 for DMV (registration + title transfer + tire + NYS inspection) + sales tax on $10K (8% on $33135 minus trade). I know I could have done better if I waited a little more, but they (by far) gave me the best deal on my trade (over $1500 more than carmax and other dealers, and $2500 more than KBB - very comparable with NADA guide/Edmunds tool). That was the "make it or break it" for me. I saw at least five dealers before I went to PH and I am very pleased with how things went. I had quotes from over 15 dealers in NYC/NJ area.

Don't go for their extended warranty (HondaCare) as their's is $500 more than Saccucci's. That was 1/2 hour before they closed, so their finance manager did not offer me any packages (I was actually the one who brought up the ext warr). We drove home in the Touring within an hour and we are lovin it :)

Hillside guys told me they had the color I wanted in stock and when I got there they said "we don't have it, sorry". The sales person even said "are you crazy? you're trading in a silver car why do you want another silver?". I left right away, obviously, and complained to their manager.

If you need more information feel free to contact me directly.
  • Just put the deposit down on the 2008 Touring w/o PAX Black/Black combination. I'll be picking it up this weekend. The total is $32,149 (includes destination) + $75 doc fee + state TTL.
  • can you share the dealer details and the state in which the dealer is in.