Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• live i renton highland...i have qoute EX-L 26,400 at renton honda plus tax &license..is that good price?
  • Has anyone recently purchased a 2009 Odyssey EX-L RES? I am such a novice at this, and I really don't want to be overpriced, especially in today's market. I live in the Northern Virginia area and am willing to also go with a 2008 Odyssey EXL RES, or even a similar Sienna (but it seems like the 2008 Odyssey models are mostly sold out).

I received an internet quote of $31,490.00 from one dealer for the 2009 EXL RES. How much lower should I expect to pay or negotiate? What options are worth negotiating for? We don't need any financing, and are willing to pay cash. Are there discounts available at the dealers that I should ask about? PLEASE please help! Thanks! :-) :blush:
  • If you take a look at the forums a good price for a 2008 EX-L would be around 25,500 plus tax & license...
  • Can you please let me know the dealer's name? Thanks
  • nixonnixon Posts: 11
    has anyone been able to buy a 2008 EX-L in texas for close in the 25k range?

Most of the quotes i've seen consistently range from 26.3k and up.
  • lab88lab88 Posts: 24
    I already bought one - but driving far is really complicated when you have a trade in. It's a lot simpler to just take the cheapest price on the van IF you don't have a trade in. If you do, you must consider that many dealers will give widely varying prices for trade ins. So you drive far to get $1000 lower on the new van. How much are they going to give for the trade? I got almost $4000 difference in price quotes on my trade. I would not want to drive hours only to find out that they would give much less on the trade than a local place. I negotiated trade-in price over the phone to a point and did pretty well that way, but many dealers will lie to get you in. There is only so far I will drive to find out what they will do once I get there.

People focus only on the price of the new car and do not consider the price of the trade in. It's the difference between the two that matters...not just either price. I paid a little more for my van, but I got much more for my trade in than at other dealers. Therefore, I paid less overall. MUCH less.

I care about color and would not spend the money on a new car unless it was the color I wanted. I'd rather be unhappy paying the slightly higher bill than unhappy every time I look at the car.
  • Based on my credit score of 659, honda dealer is giving 3.9% for 36 months and not giving me 1.9%. Do any of you know if there is any absolute minimum number for them to give 1.9%, or is it just based on negotiation? Has anyone bought 1.5% for 36 months with credit score of 700 or less? Please let me know. Thanks.
  • heh

i am picking up our odyssey tommorow however they have to have a driver drive it from another dealership . so it will put about 50 miles on the car should i be concerned

erick :shades :)
  • th e dealer told me a score of 710 is needed to get the APR
  • lab88lab88 Posts: 24
    You pretty much need a score above 700 anywhere to get the best rates. They probably are using 710, and they might have some discretion to go down to 700, maybe slightly under. But they don't have that much discretion.

When a dealer gets a car from another dealership, it's normal to have some more miles on the car. Your warranty starts at the mileage on the odometer when you take delivery, so you'll get to about 36,050 instead of 36,000. I don't think it's a big deal. Mine had 96 miles on it when I got it because the dealer had to drive it pretty far.
  • Hi ethanssky...
    I had a similar situation today. My dealer is offering me 3.9% for 36 months. I tried long and hard to get 1.9, even 2.9. I even tried to get some goodies or little price reduction, but he won't do it - primarily because of my credit score happens to be 659 and they say it has to be on or above 710 to give 1.9%. So, I walked out of the dealership, hoping he would call me back to counter offer. In your case, was your score higher than 700 or 710? You can email me at mani_daks AT yahoo.com, if you prefer. Thanks for your response.
  • The dealer has nothing to do with the rate quote. American Honda Finance sets the rate. This is a situation where the dealer CAN NOT mark up the rate.

In your case, 3.9% is what you qualify for. With most other leanders your rate would be in the 8-9% range.
  • What year are you buying? 2008 or 2009

All I know is the finance dept got to make the final call.

if you are getting the 2008 for EX-L RES
    The dealer cost is $31,000
    i got the car for $27,000
    The dealer has to make the cost the of the car. that is why they offer me 6.25%APR.

yes. my credit is 700+
  • Well, thanks to all of who posted their details and responded my specific queries. I went to the dealer yesterday and they offered me 26K for 08 odyssey ex-l out the door price (VA state), along with 3.9% for 36 months, due to my credit score. I waited and bargined a lot, but they won't melt. So, I walked away. Went back today morning and agreed to take the vehicle as they offered yesterday, but requested them to put my wife onto the loan application. Due to her credit score (better than mine), they automatically offered me 2.9% (i wish they gave 1.9%), and I have no complaints, because I walked away with a vehicle of my choice in color and model, etc, with the door price tag of $25,900. This was purchased from Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, VA. Sales representative is Paula Smith (540-847-8209 Cell). If you mention this to her, she will give the same price, guaranteed, as long as they have the vehicle and they have only few left in this trim. So, if you are planning to purchase one, I recommend you call her. Have fun shopping & driving.

And, my friend purchased 2008 EX-L w/RES for $27,500 out the door price with 2.9% for 36 months from the same dealership. They have no more of this trim left.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Honda Finance Credit Score posted on newspaper ad. by one of dealer

• I'm interested in buying a 2008 EXL in the Seattle area. In year 2000 I bought my last Odyssey in Olympia as the Seattle area dealers were much more expensive back then. Does anybody have any comments about any advantages to buying outside major metropolitan areas?
  • Just out of curiosity, how much did they charge for the document fees? What's considered reasonable?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    I think they charge the admin fee the most that the state law or their own association allow... I experienced that the sale guy simply scrossed out the admin fee without my asking.
  • i just bought my 2009 EXL with RES invoice 31000 OTD 33672 in fairfield. other dealers were willing to offer the same e.g. vallejo and berkley. the internet manager at fairfield was very nice i would recommend him
  • A friend of mine just picked up a 08 EX-L with Nav and read-DVD. For 26,500 out the door and he qualified for 0.9% APR Finance.
    No trade.
    New England Dealer