Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ChristyB1,
    The Tahoe is a nice SUV as well as the Trooper. You will do okey with either one.
    I just went through the same process as you did and I bought the Trooper over the Tahoe due to cost, 0% financing, and the great 10 year/120,000
    mile warrantry. If you plan on selling or trading your new SUV in the next 3 years I would buy the Tahoe, it has good resale value, the Trooper is not as good resale. If you plan on keeping it for 5 years or more, I would buy the Trooper due to the great Warranty and the 0% finance cost. My seats seem uncomfortable at first but after sitting in them for a long time they seem fine. Hope this helps your decision.Either one is nice.
  • rdg50rdg50 Posts: 9
    Skylerpup:

I appreciate the prompt feedback. Was your price of $26,693 plus tax and title or was it an out-the-door price?
  • rdg50:

Had to pay tax and title. Considering it was about $50 above invoice, couldn't complain too much. There wasn't much room negotiations at that point.

Glad to help!

Sunny
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    I saw a 99 Trooper with Luxury Package (leather, power heated seats, moonroof, etc.) for sale from a private individual. 32k miles, new tires, $18,000. This sounds like a great price; is this a much lower price than this vehicle should have?

I have a 98 Trooper with Performance Package but was thinking I'd try to convince my parents to buy this '99 Trooper.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    $18K sounds about right on a Lux '99. Check the background via Carfax.com and you should be good to go.

-mike
    Damn! I guess that means my 98 with Performance Package and 44,000 miles probably isn't worth $17k like I was hoping...
  • dawingzdawingz Posts: 3
    I'm looking at getting a 2001 Trooper Limited. Unfortunately only seems to be one dealer in Indianapolis area with one. It's a "demo" with 2k miles. They are only willing to give me a price of just over 32k. Is there a shortage? What do you guys think?
  • lovingpclovingpc Posts: 34
    Christyb1:

I bought a 2000 Trooper 4x2 Limited last May, and looked at Nashville dealers, but they would *not* give me the price I wanted. I went to Jim Reed, and they were extra-slimy.

I faxed out bids to dealers in Nashville, Chattanooga, Huntsville, Memphis, and even Birmingham. Long of Chattanooga met my deal (3% profit, no hold back), and even faxed me the bill of sale so I could see the "out the door" price. Memphis (Bluff City I think) wanted to deal with me too.

Long beat Jim Reed by $2,500. The seats on the Limited I THINK are larger then the S and LS, and I've found them to be great. The Ltd has leather, which I like except it sometimes gets too warm.

Dawingz: Looking for a Limited - I would do the same thing - fan out to dealers within a 2-3 hour drive and try to make a deal by phone/fax. Jim Reed tried to give me the line,"it's a LIMITED model, we don't get many of these", which is bull. Jim Reed also wanted to tack on an advertising fee, and documentation fees. Long of Chattanooga didn't, and also didn't charge for the heavy cargo mat and pin stripes.

Good luck!

Andy
    Ltd and LS have the same seats, just the Ltd are leather. The S has the non-lumbar supported and without the arm rests.

-mike
  • gpm5gpm5 Posts: 785
    bluedevils,

I would check it out, make sure no obvious problems. Seems like an excellent price.
  • cd1000cd1000 Posts: 16
    Dawingz,
    I bought an LS demo in Atlanta for 10,000 less MSRP. Mine had more miles (10k) but was perfect otherwise. $32,000 seems too high for a demo even if it is a limited. Maybe if it had 200 miles--Good luck. Chris
  • kobokokoboko Posts: 34
    just a quick note, the 2001 Trooper S does come with the armrests, but not the 2000's
    2001 S? I'm pretty sure it does not, unless it is a fleet vehicle. The Fleet vehicles that are in S trim, come with the Tinted Glass, In-glass antenna, and the arm-rested seats. I'll check to make see if the S does come with armrests though in non-fleet attire.

-mike
  • gtroopgtroop Posts: 85
    I had leather installed on my 01 LS Trooper when I bought it. I went to the leather installer and worked with them on what pattern the material would be sewn in. I couldn't stand the look of the aftermarket leather in the S they had on the floor at Jack Miller in Olathe, KS. What resulted was a seat that looks just about like that of a Limited. I chose the color ash (very light grey) which contrasts nicely with the darker grey dash and door panels. I wanted a two tone look and got it this way w/o having to change the colors of the actual seats. I would now consider the seats as comfortable as those of the Limited.
    How much did that run? Might be something I'd do eventually or on my next truck.

-mike
  • kobokokoboko Posts: 34
    Mike, I just bought a 2001 S, they've made the armrests standard on all Troopers for 2001. If you have the 2001 Isuzu brochure (the detailed one, not the small brief one) it shows it being standard. Another neat thing is the huge poster size brochures the dealers have in a ring binder which pretty much gives you all the info (standard features, accesories, color, etc) on all Isuzu models. So you can make a good comparison. Ciao!
    I've seen a 99 Luxury Package (similar to current Limited model) here in Detroit area. Private seller, 32k miles, new tires, $18,000.

Local Isuzu dealer has a 2000 LS with moonroof, 14k miles, $19995.

Both of these prices sound very good to me! If I were in the market for a newer Trooper, I'd consider this sort of option instead of buying new. True, you lose the 10/120k powertrain warranty, but you save a lot of money.

I really wish my 98 Troop had a moonroof. :(
    Those are good prices. I wouldn't suspect to find those everywhere.
    yes, I thought they seemed awfully good too. Who knows - maybe the local dealer would go even lower than the advertised $19,995 on the 2000 LS w/moonroof.
  • gtroopgtroop Posts: 85
    Sorry about the delay in the answer to your question (I was in Vegas getting married over the weekend). The dealer sold me the leather for $1,000. The one on the floor had a sticker of $1,200 for the leather. I have seen kits for less than that but given the amount of time it would take your better off paying to have this done by the professionals.
  • cjtrcjtr Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a 2000 Trooper, which I will use to tow a 4500 b.(approx.) travel trailer! Has anyone used their Trooper for this, and if so, how does it perform. Would you recommend it? Sharon
    I was towing about 2800 lbs this weekend and the bounce of the trailer was transmitted into the trooper somewhat, but this may be due to the somewhat marginal leaf springs on the utility trailer that I was using. Also, I have stock shocks on the '99 trooper that are somewhat soft. Also, I did notice sometimes starting from a stop, that there was a slight effect like slack being drawn out, but this could have been the hitch to trailer slack that I felt. Once rolling at 55 mph it was very smooth and stable with no sway on smooth hgy.
    GPM, check your pin, and make sure that it is the proper diamter. I had a similar problem on my rodeo where the tounge would jiggle on starts and stops. Also I noticed a pull like that on my rodeo witha trailer that was not properly balanced.

With my 2000 Trooper, I towed a 3500lb boat trailer from the Jersey Shore up to the Adirondacks using stock shocks and springs, a hidden hitch, and the boat was very well balanced on the trailer. It was a dream to tow it. Took the NYS thruway and GSP @ 75mph with the cruise control on, forgot the trailer was even there. The hills upstate NY weren't a problem either.

A suggestion sharon, though would be to upgrade to the OME springs ($225) and the Rancho 9000 shocks ($225) plus installation ($100-$150) (I paid $150 for installation in NYC) and that would make your travel trailer be an easy tow.

-mike
    Could well have been the balancing.
  • jbkennedyjbkennedy Posts: 70
    Does anyone know if the 0.0% financing offer has been extended past April 30th? I have a friend interested in buying a Rodeo. I bought one last month and have enjoyed it very much. 1100 miles so far and no problems.
  • baddestbob1baddestbob1 Posts: 96
    Can anyone help me determine current cost on a Trooper LS 4WD? Edmunds shows invoice @ $26,608. KBB shows $27,838.60 Edmunds TMV is $25,460 (then add dest. of $545): $26,005. If Edmunds has netted down 3% holdback ($922) this is most of the difference. My understanding is that current dealer cashis $4,000 or you can get 0%. Where is the right price with cash back, with 0%? Local ads are featuring "S" Troopers 4WD with 0% at $22.995, delivered. Thanks for insight
    Are we talking about a 2000 or a 2001? 2001 Troopers don't have nearly as many incentives as the 2000s, but there are almost no incentives around.

-mike
  • flinflin Posts: 29
    I am planning on picking up up a new 2001 Trooper Limited 2WD tonight for approximately $7700 off of MSRP. Could have gotten the same discount on a 4WD. Faxed bid requests to numerous dealerships in the area, and the best quote had the driveout price including taxes coming under what most dealers quoted before taxes. As long as things go smoothly and I come home with it tonight, I will give a follow-up report on the exact figures.

Only thing that scares me are reports of gas going up to $3 a gallon. Yikes!
  • baddestbob1baddestbob1 Posts: 96
    Paisan, $4,000 on 2001 4wd, 3500 on 2WD. One dealer just called with drive off quote on 2001 LS w/roof at $27,995 with o% OR 4,000 off and I finance. He said $27,995 was invoice.
    Hey bob, that rocks. I got mine for near (true)invoice +$1000 last year less $2500 off and paid $27,500 for it + Tax and Tags. Just about the same time of the year. That's a great deal. Take it and run!

-mike
This discussion has been closed.