Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Events

Comments

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    ****Details*****

When: Saturday Jan 19
    Where: Pine Barrens (Lebanon State Forest, NJ)
    Meet: Intersection of Rte 70 and 72 near Whiting, NJ
    Time: 10:45-11am
    Who: AWD/4wd Vehicles (no 2wd please)
    What: Off-road Trail Ride through the barrens, will be fun for all, we encourage Subarus, Rav4s, CRVs, Isuzus, Highlanders, 4-runners, Santa Fe, Explorers, etc.

****Details****
  • sdc2sdc2 Posts: 780
    If you haven't heard,'ZuZoo V will be held May 16-19, 2002 in Moab, Utah. In excess of 100 vehicles are expected, with multiple trail runs each day, through some of the most scenic country imaginable.
  • sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    I am trying to work my schedule so I can make it. How many people are you expecting?
    Did you do it? I was looking at your site, did you get a Garbage plate at Nick Tahoes?
    Yep we made the run. It was fun. We went to Duffs in Buffalo and never made it to Nick Tahoes. Pics at http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/48hrsoftristate/pics

-mike

• Is that the home of the original Buffalo Wing?
    Duffs is the Home of the Buffalo Wing. They were quite yummy. How did the bar go?

-mike
  • is where the Buffalo Wing originated.
  • You are right. I went up to Buffalo to see the Pittsburgh Penguins play the Sabres in the playoffs last year and we went over to the Anchor inn and ate after the game. i couldn't remember the name of the bar though!
    Next one is scheduled for Feb 17th.

Http://isuzu-suvs.com/events

-mike

http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/pb02-17-01/index.html

A Light off-road event in Southern New Jersey! Come enjoy the trails!

-mike

I can't make it this weekend. I am on target for paragon however.
  • I too think I am going to paragon. Is everyone staying over night or are they headed home after the event?
    I am probably driving home. Hadn't thought about it. I am not against having a couple and sleeping over. I won't be able to decide until a little closer to the event.
    Probably do dinner and head home afterward, but won't know til later on, it's not a warm fuzzy community up there apparently. The locals dislike the Paragon Park because it basically was used by them freely til the owner decided/realized he owned it and could make some $ by having the off-road park.

-mike
  • How far away is Paragon from you guys?
    Probably 1.5hrs from me, maybe a bit more. Probably less for SB.

-mike
  • It will be like 6hrs for me, but I got a thumbs up from the boss lady so i may just drive out and stay overnight!
    Info on a gently off-road experience in the Pine Barrens of Central/Southern NJ. Come on out for a day of adventure, fun, and comradre with fellow SUV/Off-road/Rally/Car Nuts! Info at http://isuzu-suvs.com/events

-mike

I am out. I look forward to seeing the pics and reading the trail report.
    There will be many pics taken I'm sure.

Hopefully you can make it another time, maybe after you get the Assender for the wife :)

-mike
    Just an FYI, Planet Isuzoo will be having a camping and off-road trip to Uwharrie, NC April 26-28. Everyone is invited! Details on the http://isuzu-suvs.com/events page.

-mike

Here are 2 upcoming trips.

First is Aug 24-26 we'll be offroading in Uwharrie National Forest in NC.

2nd is on Sept 21 we'll be offroading @ the Pine Barrens in Southern NJ. Hopefully we can get some Isuzus out there.

-mike
  • Paisan how long is the drive to Uwharrie?
    It's 531miles from Butler, PA to Uwharrie, NC. I think its 560 from NYC->Uwharrie, NC.

Usually what happens is we drive down on a Friday night after work, get down there early Sat morning. Sleep in on Saturday do a noon run on saturday, an afternoon or evening run sat. Sat night we make a big dinner and hang around the campfire til late. Sunday do morning afternoon and evening runs. Big dinner sunday night, then head out 1st thing on Monday morning to return home.

Works out nicely. Hopefully you can make it, it's a great trip.

-mike
  • I am going to ask the wife tonight if she would care if I do it. I'll let you know. One thing though. I still haven't upgraded to OME coils and Ranchos so will I have any concerns about riding in a completely stock Trooper with 265 75-16s?
    I did uwharrie when I was bone stock on stock tires. There are bypasses so don't worry. It would be great to have you out there! :)

-mike
  • What are the overnight ammenities....Tents???
    It's tents on nicely paved spots with electric outlets in the sites. I'm probably going to reserve a site or 2 for us so that we don't get locked out. We usually pile in as many as possible :)

-mike
This discussion has been closed.
Isuzu Events - Page 3 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com