Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Events

Comments

• Well I got the thumbs up from the wifey. I am going to do whatever I can to make sure I am there. Is there a posting about this over on the wire? i will take a look. Anyway if you can forward whatever detail you have about the weekend I would appreciate it. i believe you have my e-mail address so send whatever you can along.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    In the next day or 2 I'll be posting up a page on Isuzu-suvs.com about it with the info etc.

It should totally kick butt!

-mike
  • Mike: Don't forget Tellico run on Aug 10. It looks to be a good run for those in the SE US. mark P
    I didn't know about tellico, it's way way too difficult for stockers though.

-mike
    Sept 21st. More infor at http://isuzu-suvs.com/events

-mike

Coming up in the Pine Barrens of NJ. Check out http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/pb-09-21-02/index.html for details. It's a very tame/beginner trailride. All are welcome to come on down and join the fun and get your SUVs dirty!

-mike

• Are there a lot of family members along on these outings? Are there activities for them while the Troopers are on the trail? Do you take them with you while trailriding or is it normally drivers only?
    Generally the whole family will ride out on the trail. Or in the case of uwharrie they can hang at the campsite area. This last weekend we went to uwharrie and it was 1/3 offroading, 1/3 yap session, and 1/3 culinary extravaganza! :)

-mike
  • but the wife and kids are not enthusiastic about it. One of these days I will get there, it is only 2hrs away from home.
    you should have been there. We had a great time! Well worth my 10-12hr drive.

-mike
  • sdc2sdc2 Posts: 780
    Plan ahead for ZuZoo VI! May 14-17 in Moab, Utah. If you haven't been there, it is 4WD heaven. Well worth the trip. And, you can combine it with Arches National Park (just a few miles down the road), Canyonlands National Park, whitewater rafting, mountainbiking, you name it. All in some of the most gorgeous scenery anywhere!

http://zuzoo.org

Last year I think we had about 95 vehicles.

• sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    I am about 70/30...I got clearance last week, but will have to confirm with the tower if there is something going on this weekend.
    Also, I think that next time we go out, we should just pack lunch and find a cool place to eat. We lose a good 2 hours each time breaking for lunch and re-grouping.
  • fyi, there looks to be a monty/isuzu Tellico run brewing. IF anyone is interested in going to tellico, there will be a run either the 7 or the 14th. Speakup if you interested!
    Well now that race season is over, I can get back to doing some PB runs. Looks like the next one will be sometime in Mid-January. Any interest in here?

-mike
  • I was in Charlotte NC this week at a trade seminar and decided to visit Uwharrie. I stopped at the Amoco station to pick up a map and the manager noticed my Trooper. He asked if I was part of the group that meets each year. He was very complimentary of the Isuzu owners and said that they enjoyed seeing the group each year.

The main roads were open so I checked out the campgrounds and hiked a few of the closed ORV trails. Road crews were grading and adding gravel to the main drives. There was a small group camping with horses. Remembering my 4X4 etiquette, I turned off my motor to let them pass. They were waiting for another rider and waived me forward. Other than this group, the forest was empty. It looks like an excellent place to off-road.

A question for Mike and others familiar with this area. In Georgia most trails are ATV, mountain bike, or truck specific. I noticed that these trails are multi-use. Does this cause a problem on crowded weekends? How do you handle the sections of the trail that intersect horse paths?

Hopefully I will make it this April. Do you guys usually stay at arrowhead campground? It looks like it would fill up quickly. When would I need to reserve a spot? Has anyone considered requesting one of the group sites for that weekend?

Hope to see you there.

Lee
    Cool! Yep we are booking 3 BIG sites now. If you are coming I'll put you down in my site.

On the weekends the ATVs and Motorbikes compete with us, but it's usually not too bad. They usually like us cause we aren't typical red-necks like the Big-3 4x4ers are.

We'll be staying down at Arrowhead, and already I'm making friday-night dinner, and I know of at least 2 or 3people making Sat night dinner. We usually do a huge cooking thing with tents and more food than you can imagine!

:)

Hope to see you down there.

-mike
  • Please tell me about what my kids (3,6,8yr girls) can expect to get out of the Uwharrie trip? Are there kids activities nearby? It will be easiest to attend if I make it a family event.
    Is there a breakdown of each day's events like time of day on a certain trail?
    If we arrived middle of saturday afternoon and stayed till lunch on Sunday would that fit in?
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    Doubtful that I could make it, but boxtrooper's idea of bringing small kids got me wondering if we, too, could make it a family trip. Our little girl will be 2 in May. She loves climbing and jumping around, so my guess is she'd enjoy off-roading!
  • Will small children be safe to join on the off roading? I guess the answer is it is up to the parents. How will I get my kids interested to watch a bunch of Isuzus climbing hills? Do the offroad events stay in one place long enough for the kids to get out and climb around?
    I just updated the http://isuzu-suvs.com site with the pertinent uwharrie info in the events section.

As for kids: You'd probably want them to stay inside the vehicle while offroading, being out and about could be potentially dangerous if a vehicle slides or goes out of control. Near the campsite however there is a lake and picnic grounds, playground etc. No real "attractions" other than the Uwharrie National Forest.

Scheduel: Usually we wake up, make breakfast and then hit a "morning" trail and return around 1pm for lunch either at the outpost of the sites (we usually break up some going to the outpost some to the site) then they have an afternoon run that lasts til 5pmish. Then we have dinner and there is sometimes a "night" run as well. I usually skip the afternoon run and help prepare the food for dinner :)

-mike
  • sdc2sdc2 Posts: 780
    registration is now open for ZuZoo VI in Moab, Utah!

zuzoo.org
    To uwharrie this evening! Hopefully I'll catch up with some of you there! I'll have plenty of pics to post of Isuzus doing what they do best... Yippie.

-mike
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Posts: 843
    What will be going on at Uwharrie Saturday Night or Sunday morning? I want to go out and see some of the activities, Sat is my Trooper has soccer duty. I might be able to get out there as early as 5pm Saturday with a couple hours daylight left. How will I find the Troopers?
    Today in NC it is sunshine and 82degF.
    Well 5pm we'll probably be preparing for dinner which you are welcome to attend, it's usually a culinary delight. Just go to the arrowhead campground and look for the big mass of troopers/isuzus. Sat night there will likely be a night-run as well, which is always fun. Sunday AM the Yankees will be heading out around 10am.

-mike
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Posts: 843
    What will be going on at Uwharrie Saturday Night or Sunday morning? I want to go out and see some of the activities, Sat is my Trooper has soccer duty. I might be able to get out there as early as 5pm Saturday with a couple hours daylight left. How will I find the Troopers?
    Today in NC it is sunshine and 82degF.
    May 17-18

A group of trucks from NY/NJ will be caravanning down on Friday night. We plan to wheel saturday and maybe sunday morning. Post up for more details.

-mike
    how long is the drive from NY/NJ?
    It's about 550 miles from Staten Island. You can mapquest it to Eldorado, NC or Troy, NC.

-mike
This discussion has been closed.