Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Murano Dangerously Sharp Doors

rspradlin53rspradlin53 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Nissan
For the third time, since owning my 2009 Murano, I went to close the driver door and the bottom of the door caught my calf area and tore a chunk out of it! The corners are dangerously sharp and I have the scars to prove it! My spouse even tried using a file to dull them, but it happened again today!! Am I the only one that this is happening to? I've had many vehicles and not once did they take a chunk out of my leg when I went to close the door! This is getting old and very painful!

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Instead of continuing to get chunks of your calf taken out, I suggest a quick and cheap way to stop this is to go out to a Autozone, PepBoys, etc and by a door edge guard, cut the right size piece and put it on the part of the door that is sharp and cutting you in the leg!

Its too bad Nissan, unlike their competition, both mainstream and luxury, don't offer as accessories body colored door edge guards for really expensive vehicles like the Murano and Maxima (considering they cost as much as some luxury vehicles) so that we could not only protect your doors from scratches/nicks, etc but from hurting us as well!
  • rspradlin53rspradlin53 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip. We're going to definitely check into that. My leg is slowly healing up again, but this makes scar number 3. I am amazed that they would allow something that sharp on the door area. Speaking of outside door protection, we found some protective (matched) strips that we put on, but I still ended up with a ding just beneath it. Thanks again for your tip on the edge guard. If it works, I'll be one happy camper!
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    edited June 2010
    I know the frustration you have. While I love the body style on my 2010 Maxima, the new design is very line and curve heavy as you go toward the back of the car and the rear doors, when open, have these really sharp corner point to them high on the door, not near the leg, but up more near the arms/mid section and I've almost gotten nicked in my arms a couple times!

Lucky for me, my exterior is black, and almost all the door edge guards out in the auto stores come in only black and chrome so lucky for me I bought the black and put a little piece on each rear doors where the corner point is to prevent someone getting hurt or dinging my other car in the garage and since its black guard on black exterior you don't see it at all!!!

Its harder when you don't have black exterior to get something in the store to match your body color and not stand out like a sore thumb, but I think that is better then continually getting cut!

Best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.