Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transmission Reprogramming 2010 Fusion

2»

Comments

• moorepetsmoorepets Posts: 3
    I purchased my 2010 Ford Fusion May 2011. I have already had to pay $200.00 for a transmission leak. My check engine light keeps coming on and now my car has started losing power while I am driving. The code says it needs a new Trottle body. How do you file a case against Ford.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,666
    You have to check your state's lemon law to see if you qualify. Just because you've had multiple problems doesn't make it a lemon.

There are instructions in the owner's manual on how to handle disputes.

Why weren't these covered under the OEM warranty?
  • moorepetsmoorepets Posts: 3
    There was no warranty. It had 65000 miles on it.
    Lemon law typically only applies to the first 2 yrs or 24K miles so it's doubtful you'd qualify. But again you'd have to check the law in your state.
  • Your Ford or other mechanic will probably tell you it is the throttle body gone bad. Our local dealership told us that today, to the tune of $500. Car only has 36,500 miles on it. We bought it new. On-line research today, shows TONS of owner complaints for that very problem. I called Customer Service at the Ford Motor Company, spoke with a very nice young lady who explained how to get a factory recall started. And it does sound like we are owed one for the 2010 Fusion. She said recalls are generated via customer complaints; the more complaints, the sooner a recall might be generated. So, to help get this going, please call 1-800 392-7363, have your VIN number ready and say that you are lodging a formal complaint and requesting a recall. Then, keep your receipt for the work that was done, so that if a recall is issued, you might have an opportunity for reimbursement. Also, spread this info to any other owners of 2010 Fusions with this same problem. Hope this helps!
    Donsmrs
  • Yes thanks. I sent Ford a letter with all of the info and they called me and said there was nothing they could or would do for me.
  • jeromefjjeromefj Posts: 2
    I had been a great admirer of Ford until my 2010 Fusion SE gave me the Throttle Body Blues, as well. But Ford has completely choked on this congenital problem. Their dealer couldn't diagnose the problem, charged me a lot of money looking for phantom electrical problems, and on the second go-round they "cleaned" the TB.

On the third go-round, I was taking a weekend trip 300 miles away, and suffered through 20 separate interstate shut-downs of the car on the round trip. Not funny. Ford did nothing, and would not stand behind their car (less than 45,000 miles) in any way, shape or form.

Utter failure by Ford. My last purchase from them, and since I despise GM, it's foreign cars for me now.
    You just need to find a competent dealer. They would have either fixed the problem correctly to begin with or worked with Ford to get the repair covered as a previously reported condition (assuming the first problem was inside 36K miles).
  • donsmrsdonsmrs Posts: 3
    Have to agree with akirby. I also read somewhere that Ford designers haven't figured out how to fix the problem; hence, no recall. I have also been told by Fusion 2010 hybrid owners that they have no such problems; in fact almost no problems of any kind, which tells you where Ford put its energy.
  • I too have had the throttle body problem on my 2010 Milan. It was still under warranty so the dealership replaced it same day, no problems. Good to have a competent dealership. We might finally have some action started on this problem. Did anyone see this article in USA Today?... Feds to probe Ford car, SUV engine fault. www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/02/25/probe-ford-cars-suvs-stalling/19457- 99/. Slow, but it may lead to a recall.
  • jeromefjjeromefj Posts: 2
    It may be that you had an extra coverage warranty, bumper to bumper or something. But Ford refused to cover the Throttle Body for me under their drive-train warranty, which was still in effect. They claimed it was "a sensor" and not a drive-train part.

Crappy dealer, or crappy manufacturer...not sure. But I am buying another new car, and it won't be a Ford.
  • donsmrsdonsmrs Posts: 3
    No extra coverage and $300+ poorer. DearbornCust. Svc. told me they didn't have many complaints for the throttle body. Then I read about some 9,000 of those nonexistent complaints. Thing is, they don't know how to correct the problem so it will likely happen again. We quit taking the Fusion on trips due to that, and leave it for local trips. Have a nice Expedition. Not at good on gas, but the ride is better and so far, no such issues. BTW, if it rains so hard you get deep puddles, stay home with the Fusion. The local dealer told me if the fan belt gets wet, the whole computer system shuts down and won't restart, unlike with the throttle body problem.
2»