Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cruze

1232425262729»

Comments

• I've had my cruze (1.4L turbo) for 2 yrs. now and just went over 57K miles. I've read on several web sites devoted to the cruze that the engines coming from Austria have the wrong gap on the plugs. GM issued a technical bulletin on the issue...I don't have the number for it.
    People have said the plugs in their cruze were gapped at .020 to .025. All of them pulled the plugs and installed new plugs at .035 and reported a difference in their engines smoothness and responsiveness. I removed my plugs 3 days ago and found that it was true, had plugs gapped from .020 to .027. I installed new plugs gapped at .032 and have noticed a smoothness on acceleration and at idle. Just an FYI for you other cruzers out there! :shades:
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,246
    A reporter would like to speak to a young buyer of a Ford Focus or a Chevy Cruze. If you are under the age of 34, and you are shopping for or recently purchased a Ford Focus or a Chevy Cruze, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET on Thursday, 10/10/13.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• eliaselias Posts: 1,934
    thanks for the headsup on that lexxie.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,689
    A co-worker drove an LTZ model yesterday and I happened to go sit inside...a very nice interior with a vinyl seating surface that looked like leather. The seats were somewhat comfy but hard to tell without a long drive in one. I liked the dash layout with everything within reach...I will have to snag one for a long trip next time the vehicles are lined up like they were yesterday. My friend at work loves these vehicles so I let her have it and took the Elantra right behind it. The one thing not hooked up was the SAT radio she told me later. I know the Verano is the same vehicle basically but I do prefer the Buick version here...but one pays for the priviledge here and if I had that choice, i would. And the Verano is already on my short list for my next vehicle, but I will give the Cruze a shot and test drive one when I start that process...one never knows and for the right price on the right vehicle, a Cruze could eventually end up on my side of the garage! Good job Chevrolet!!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 2,096
    The Cruze and Verano are very different. Different engines, different bodies, totally different in terms of soundproofing and the like. I've driven a Cruze and it was OK, but the engine was not al that impressive.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

You mean totally different? For some reason, the Verano looks like a more substantial, heavier vehicle but I thought it was just my eyes. I still haven't driven one at work, I don't see that many, but hope to soon as I am very keen on this vehicle. I have driven the Lacrosse and Regal and was highly impressed with both so I know I would love the Verano...we had a Buick Skylark back in the 80's and it was a nice driver though a bit big for my tastes. I have seen a few in that cream pearlized color and it was very sharp looking. Got a feeling it is close in size to my current Civic which is just perfect...I don't require or want a mid sizer ever again, and eventually I can see us downsizing to one vehicle and I know the wife would love the Verano.

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 2,096
    They are built on the same chassis but with different suspension tuning and completely different bodies. Verano is about 100 lbs heavier, probably mostly soundproofing. Interior space is about the same in each.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• chumochumo Posts: 7
    Just bought a 2013 LTZ. Please add this discussion my watched list
    Ya kinda have to do that on your own here sir...it's a "self serve" website! You need to "add" yourself...just follow the instructions, it's very easy!

The Sandman

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,368
    >2013 LTZ

Congratulations. I keep looking and looking trying to decide what cars I want to test drive and whether to include Malibu along with Cruze.

>my watched list.

At top of the messages there are thee links at the right side: Post New Message, Watch This Discussion, Mark as Read.

Just click on the Watch This Discussion then click okay. It will be added as a new topic to which you've subscribed. The servers will try to take you through all the old messages. If you don't want to read 900 messages, click the Mark as Read. Then everytime there's a new message and you've logged in, you'll be shown the new messages + one old message just before those.

Good luck with your car.
  • chumochumo Posts: 7
    Thanks, I added it and it was easy.

Chumo
  • emedeiroemedeiro Posts: 2

which color of the 2014 selection "hides" dirt the best. I intend to buy a 2014 LT and I do not like a dirty looking car. I currently drive a 1999 silver civic and it doesn't require much washing. I do not have time for such luxuries. I was hoping for a medium gray, but every color seems so dark, requiring frequent washings to look good. Help? anyone? anyone?