Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Freestyle Recalls

Comments

• Just wondering if anyone has taken their car to the dealer for this "Customer Satisfaction Program" ? I just got mine back today, and the service notes say that the powertrain control module was reprogrammed. The throttle body was not cleaned. I will have to "monitor the repair".
  • I took my '06 Freestyle to the Ford dealership this afternoon and they ran my VIN. I am qualified to have my throttle body replaced on the recall. My car was lunging forward at slow speeds and if I was at a stop sign or red light it would lunge. I am so glad that Ford is doing this recall and I get my car fixed. Vancouver, Washington USA
  • I took mine in on the 2nd. I did not have any service notes. However last night the car would not start so this morning I am waiting for a jump. I am now wondering if the repair caused an issue.
  • I am just wondering, they might of did something, did they not mention anything to what they did...I have not experienced a no start. not yet anyways. i would question the place that you had service performed.
  • I have a 2005 Freestyle with 105,000 miles. Replaced the brakes a month ago and now I am being told the top motor mount needs to be replaced. There is nothing left of it. To make things worse I cannot get the car to start when it is cold outside! I have replaced the battery and had the electrical system checked but still nothing. It takes 40 plus cranks to get the engine to turn over. It wants to start but dies everytime like it is being chocked. Any clues?
  • kam11kam11 Posts: 1
    I took my 2006 Freestyle in for the recall and when I got it back there was no change. Check engine light was still on and my car surged and then stalled almost immediately upon leaving the dealership parking lot. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
  • If the cleaning didn't work then it needs to be replaced. If the dealer will not do it, call the number on the letter about the recall. We replaced ours twice before the recall and having the same issues again. Going to take it into the dealer for cleaning and reset. Fingers crossed.
  • Did they do the computer reset after the cleaning?
  • I've had issues too about not starting right away but that was after the throttle body problems.
  • if the cleaning never worked it more than likely needs replacing..Ford should be taking care of it. Good luck..

FYI...I had a 2005 and replaced transmission, and still after replacing ( total blow out on tranny ) i had ford read the errors with check engine light and
    wrench light, ford told me without a doubt that the throttle body needed replacing cleaning will not work unless it was next to new or new. plus and this is a big (((( PLUS )))) after any cleaning ( throttle body ) or replacing of the transmission the Main computer needs to be flashed.. i have had quite a bit of ford interaction with this as i am on my second freestyle with the first 2005 having the transmission and throttle body being replaced..... I now have a 2007 freestyle and had a $10 or $20 berring go in the transmission ( making noise caught it this time by hearing same noise in the 2007 as the 2005 i let the noise go on to long and blowed up the berring. causing catistrophic expolsion of transmission ( 2005) i caught it in the 2007 and and ended up dishing out another $700 bucks ( from pocket ) and warrenty picked up the other $2500 Wow lucky....Now i have the throttle body replaced at fords cost and flashing of computer...rides like a champ..good luck.
  • gab6gab6 Posts: 1
    I was wondering if you were able to obtain a refund, I also spent $1000 for the repair but Ford refuses to provide a refund.
  • i have the same problem i talked to for they want 300 dollars to replace the moutier mount center pulse labor and as far as the stalling i had change the fuel filter and put intake cleaner in the gas next time and had no more troubles with that. but i got the mount center from O'riellys auto parts and now trying to figer how to get it out with out braking it.
  • Received Ford letter 12NO3 Customer Satisfaction Program. Dealer cleaned carbon from throttle body. Had minor surges before cleanup. After they were worse and car stalled at high speed in heavy traffic. Returned to dealer. They insisted they cleaned it properly. They wanted $90.00 to put it on the computer,Second visit I agreed to charge. Told me they throttle Body had to be replaced as computer was broken. They called it a coinsidense; not there fault. Ford refused to support me. Cost for part and installation $919.48. I plan to go to district manager and higher if possible.
  • Last Friday I had my 2005 Ford Freestyle go to the dealer for 12N03 throttle body recall. The car broke down on the way back from dealer (lost power), I had to get it towed back to dealership. I made a mistake getting the recall done because the car was working fine, no problems. Well I have had several calls from the dealership bad max airflow sensor, bad throttle body and my last call was both catalytic converters need replacing. Does anybody know what they might have done to cause these problems? Of course the service rep believes none of these problems had anything to do with what they did on the recall. Has anyone had similar problems?
  • I have a 2006 Ford Freeystyle...I have had all of the same problems everyone else is having....we went on vacation and the car litterally died, it surged backwards and had trouble in the snow....BUT my mechanic suggested we try using the more expensive gasoline....yes.gasoline...it shouldn't have anything to do with the problem...but let me tell you....our problems are gone...it works. It was explained that the higher gas is much better for you car, engine, filters, etc, even if it doesn't require it..Yes, it is more expensive, but our car runs much much better...we used the highest priced gas for a month or so, they we went to the middle priced gas....sound stupid? maybe...but it worked...try it and see if it helps. I have not taken my car in for the so called fix, because it is running fine and has been for a couple years...
  • how is your car holding up ? Interesting that you fixed it yourself...but glad to read
  • samyers01samyers01 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I have a 2005 Freestyle, bought it new. I never recevied the recall letter but started having trouble last week. I'm having the same problem as many others. Surges, loss of power, Failsafe Engine Mode... independent shop confirmed it's all in the throttle body which Ford isn't standing behind. I will never buy a Ford again. I found out about the recall online and made apt for car to be worked on today. Driving home from work yesterday the car lost power *on the highway*. I rolled to a stop in the curb and was fine after turning the car off then back on, and continued to drive staight to the dealership where I bought the car near my home. Almost there when it lost power while driving into a busy intersection. Barely completed the turn before it came to a stop. Stopped and restarted and made it to the dealership. They are telling me there are eight different alerts on the vehicle and that I need to pay $150 just for them to diagnose it, not covered by the recall and not applicable towards the repairs. Nothing was wrong until the throttle body acted up. Crap. Don't buy Ford.
  • I just bought a used 2005 Ford Freestyle yesterday with 159,000 miles on it (the car looks very nice and loaded). Today, I drove it to work for the first time. Halfway (20 minutes driving), I lost power with the "wrench" sign and "Engine" lights on. It was so dangerous driving in highway next or in-front of speeding cars and trucks. I pulled over to the right side just in time before the car came to a complete stop.

I got the car towed to Jerry's Ford dealership in Annandale, Virginia. They said I need to replace the Throttle Body with the gasket too for $942.

I purchased a warranty with The Penn Warranty Corporation (PWC), but unfortunately this type of problem will not be covered under the warranty.

After reading this forum, I don' t know if I should tried to clean it first.

I just hope, this will be my last problem with this car.

Any other recurring problem I should be aware of this car?

Thanks,
    Dan
  • Have you run into any problem since you use higher grade of gas?

Thanks,
    dan
  • Have you injectors cleant - I had my done and no other problems with that. But now my A/C is no the fritz - understand lots of problems there also with is car.